Reviews for The Rise and Fall of Captain Garlock
Hypothetical Spiritual Entity chapter 9 . 5/20/2014
That was interesting. Berserker Simon calming down was a nice touch. I may have missed it, but what happened to Boota? Did he feed Simon more than his ass during the other's starvation period? Anyway, I look forward to the rewrite if/when it happens.
Bread chapter 8 . 10/10/2012
For those wondering, this fanfic was based on a post the author made on TvTropes. The way this works is that Simon becomes the Spiral Nemesis-causing Captain Garlock. This Spiral Nemesis will cause a reboot in time, with Boota being the only one who remembers. Boota will help Simon fit the Core Drill in Gurren Lagann, saving Kamina as well as the universe. You're welcome.
Zaru chapter 9 . 8/9/2012
Ah bullocks. I really wanted to see this stories continuation,

If you could please, can you post a chapter detailing what would have happened in the future?
Shodaime Gahokage chapter 9 . 8/8/2012
in resume THIS is the annouced "Fall of Captain Garlock"
Protodermis Kartorak chapter 9 . 8/8/2012
NOOOOOOOOOO!
10char chapter 9 . 8/8/2012
To be honest, this entire chapter was pretty much pointless, and boring from it's execution. The stretching of these events (mainly the beach scene) were unnecessary and relied more on slapstick than substance. I'd only call the scene with Viral interesting, where even Simon's scene was disappointing, what with dropping in song lyrics and the situation with Iraak and Leeron being groan-inducing.

Everything before this was all well and good, even if Simon's deifying of Kamina is oh so perturbing, but not necessarily bad or unbelievable. Battles are written nicely, even if the in-dialogue gets hammy and CAPSLOCK'd.
asdfghjkl chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I love this fic for forever. Just waiting for 10 and 11. I love how the darkness is creeping so quickly but calmly into all their lives.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 11 . 3/30/2012
Adiane was a really psycho, this has to be her most memorable moment in fanfiction, taking down everyone in no-time and yet not killing them (and also managed to pass her psychotic virus to Viral, I'm not sure if he's dead, since he managed to survive other things...), rather contrasting with the way she died, but I understand Simon, a rational strategy is always seek for an easy enemy death, no matter how anticlimatic it may look like.

As for Simon, I can see that he's passing by character development, I guess he will have to look out things, like his teammates because I guess Dai-Gurren will have to be a huge hospital for a time yet. That was a pretty intense chapter, good work!
ChaosRune chapter 11 . 3/30/2012
Good chapter, very different fight from cannon against Adiane, but considering the changes you have made, very appropriated, and excellent fights by the way.

The only thing I would ask for would be more Simon's screen time, he barely appears in the last 3 chapter, and for a fic about Captain Garlock that's not good. That doesn't means that I don't like the work you are doing with the rest of the crew, but simply put they are not Simon.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the next chapter, and I have a gut feeling that you just set the stage for Nia to appear, hopefully I'm not wrong, but if I'm am, I'm still sure it will be an interesting read
Zaru chapter 11 . 3/29/2012
Well then...intense chapter is intense. You made Thymilph dangerous, yet in this chapter compared to Adiane he looked like a meer fire ant to Adiane being a King Cobra in terms of lethality and competence. I fear of what Guame and Cytomander bring the table.

And that moment with Kittan and Yoko was cool, showing that Dai-Gurren spirit even as Yoko is flooded with poison. And am I not the only one who found Adiane's death anti-climatic though?

So Simon just blacked out and stab Viral to death or just have Lagann drill him to tenderized meat?
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 10 . 3/27/2012
Interesting, the tug-o-war between the two ganmen, Adiane is doing the right thing trying to attract it to her superior environment, but I have the feeling she will regret not finishing at the that moment. Simon is also has to stop to think at how exactly he will fight her, because due to GL's shield, he will be okay, I believe.

So, Nia wasn't discarded yet, interesting, I wonder what your plans for her are. Keep going!
Zaru chapter 10 . 3/27/2012
Is it me, or are you making Yoko the mc here. If so, you're doing a good job at it.

Ill say this and that Simon is really lacking in character development because he has remained the same ole KillEmAll type of guy and comes off as an anti hero.

Nice job with Adiane though and making her rather competent.

Only technical error I see, for me, is the lack of character descriptions and the lack of synonyms used with "said"(like commented, added, emotions describing what they are saying like Yoko grinned or "blah blah" growled Simon).
Atropos chapter 9 . 10/11/2011
Wow, this is one of the better AUs I've seen in a long time. You've managed to make it darker without going EVERYONE DIES EVERYWHERE EVER as seen in so many darkfics.
Ayala Atreides chapter 9 . 9/7/2011
This is a really excellent fic! Very well-written. It's tough to see Simon acting like this, but you write it very convincingly. And Leeron's constant breaking of the fourth wall is very funny!
NightmareSyndrom chapter 9 . 7/14/2011
What was it that Leeron said? Something about non-cannon events wouldn't be a problem. XP