Reviews for The Rise and Fall of Captain Garlock
Zaru chapter 9 . 7/14/2011
Can you get back to me on what mecha references you used to make that mecha abomination?

An this chapter seemed rather Yoko centered, which is pretty cool(her being the foil to Simon) and Simon waiting for a beastman attack seemed just like him. In addition, what's gonna become of Nia?

Glad to see your also getting experience in regards to Ep 13 too.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 8 . 4/4/2011
Do you know how disturbing the idea of Orky!Leeron is?

Anyway, nice chapter, I liked the battle against Thymilph, that guy hold his own against Lagann on foot and with a hammer, but Simon won, but, it's ironic: in the end, he's losing himself. Keep going!
Evilshroom chapter 8 . 3/31/2011
I get the odd feeling that you have a self-satisfied grin every single time you finish with one of Leeron's lines. He has, at this point, reduced the fourth wall to dust and taken a piss on the dust. 'Course, it's not like he's the only one. I noticed Simon's crack on Thymilph's love of the air, surreptitiously pointing out how his name is a mixture of thymine and the air spirit instead of the fire spirit, as it should be.

Feelin' kinda bad for Rossiu. He's getting shafted hard in this fic. Simon continues to be a royal douche. Still no Boota, which makes me wonder how you are going to do the reveal at the end that you detailed on TTGL's WMG page, from whence I found this story. He is a bit integral, unless you've tossed aside the originally planned ending.

No huge gripes, just loving Leeron and the fic in general. Keep at it, yeah?
Zaru chapter 8 . 3/31/2011
I see someone is using my terminology.

I'm glad to see that you made Thymilph put up a much better fight. If there was a problem with TTGL it was that GL was always to OP for Part 1(save for Lazengann).

And Simon continues that dark path. What is bound to happen? No clue really.

Keep up the good work, this is your best chap yet.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 7 . 3/7/2011
Well, people, you know who, recommended this fic for me and I also saw the topic in thw WMG page on TVTropes. I, personally, don't read much W40K-like GRIMDARK (caps needed, a level above darker and edgier) fics, because things already became ugly and will get much, much more worse (just a suggestion, you could base some spiral races in the future from games like Dead Space or Warhammer).

But the writing is good, the battle scenes are well-written, really gives the sensation you can imagine well the battle. The character development of Simon is going to be ugly, though, because he is quickly descending to the insanity, that may harm his progress through, however if you're aiming for a deconstruction of the determinator, I just think it's better to give him a red spiral power, instead of green.

At least we have Leeron to be the comic relief. One last thing: this line "I am the First Apostle of Lord Kamina", I lol'ed, found it simply hilarious! Maybe because I'm a Christian and I think the theory Jesus-Kamina rather funny (lol gainax) (also I noticed that Tymilph called the humans "infidels"). Anyway, keep going!
Catachanian Jungle Brawler chapter 7 . 2/24/2011
kick logic out of the equation and kick some ass thats how team gurren rolls
Evilshroom chapter 7 . 2/24/2011
Title change- noted and appreciated.

Yoko- earning my love far more that canon Yoko ever did

Fourth wall- annihilated to the tiniest of fragments, thanks to Leeron's Sledgehammer of Love

Simon- Becoming more of a team player, and being a bit more likable

Story status: Friggin' awesome. Keep it up.
Zaru chapter 7 . 2/24/2011
I'll see about adding this fic to TC tropes hen I get the chance.

Also Simon is still a jerkass? He won't make allies that way...

Good job either way
Catachanian Jungle Brawler chapter 6 . 2/23/2011
for the love of god update more often
Evilshroom chapter 6 . 2/20/2011
Awesome! I was wondering when this would be updated. I'm curious what direction Simon will take. I know eventually he's gonna get to Captain GARlock, but what path? He seems to be somewhat dealing with Kamina's death, albeit in a not entirely healthy manner. Hm... it will be interesting to see the contrast between your Simon and canon Simon.
Zaru chapter 6 . 2/19/2011
Nice update. Glad to see that Simon realized his douchebaggery before it was too late(just like Kamina in my Words fic). It's also a possiblity for SimonxYoko(if you're still aiming for that) and having Simon realize he's not invincible is good too.

Thanks for putting a good word of me too. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
No criticism watsoever. From the looks of it, if Nia doesn't come along, Simon and Yoko can pull off what could have been in the series. Except it didn't cause friggin Gainax missed it because they just never talked to each other about Kaminas death!
BUT SIMONXYOKOALLTHEWAY!
Warp Ligia Obscura chapter 5 . 1/6/2011
It's interesting how you postulate that Simon would credit his capability to Kamina, calling himself First Apostle. A deliberate reference to the Kamina-as-Jesus theory? I wonder what will make Simon RAEG enough to invent Giga Drill Breaker this time?

By the way, you accidentally used "King Kittan" in chapter 4. Might want to look into that.
Evilshroom chapter 5 . 12/18/2010
Came here after I had quite finished cleaning up my brain splatter from that little synopsis over in TVtropes. Saw the link, had to have more, ya know? Anyway, I'm more than a little impressed, both with the idea you have laid out and how you're implementing this stuff. Well written, believable, in character... tch, just make sure you keep it up, will ya? Would suck to have to run the rest of it by imagination. Alerted, favorited, and thought of fondly.

Also, "You shall not pass!" "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, ANYWAY? SOME KIND OF WIZARD?" I laughed.
Zaru chapter 5 . 12/10/2010
Sorry for the late review.

But ya, Guame nice to his troops? Quite a thought, but him being the oldest I think it makes sense, him being a snarky yet tolerant grampa.

Simon is still a driven fanatic, wonder what will happen when Nia comes into play here...

Good work altogether.