Reviews for Nightfall
eoraptor chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
a very intricate trip into a diseased mind
Historian1912 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
This is almost exactly what I thought happened that changed Gosalyn. She grew cynical. I really would describe her as desperate. Without her dad to stop her from going too far in the first place, she had to rationalize her actions afterwards. After the first time, she can't be wrong. She just can't. If she is, then she has completely betrayed her father. If/when that hits her full force, and she finally grasps exactly what she has become, Darkwing's going to have either another nutcase to fight regularly or a daughter with depression issues. She'll crash, and crash hard. What remains from the wreck is up for her to decide. I can only hope she'll choose wisely.
nightmaster000 chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
wonderful just wonderful i love it i hope you continue this you've created something great here please please continue it i really want to see what happen's next especially if she meet's up with the justice ducks want to see how they react to the new her not to mention Darkwings enemies i also kind of hope she does find redemtion but it wont be easy if she does take that road thats for sure anyway AWESOME story i really hope you continue
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Extremely good sequel. Great job showing Gos' thoughts and her path to violent vigilantism.

Keep the good writing.
MysticIris chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Heh, glad to see you changed your mind about not writing any more stories for Darkwing. This one was pretty good too. I only have two minor critiques. First, some of the parentheses were way too long and it made some of the paragraphs a bit confusing. Second, I felt like some of the paragraphs started repeating the same ideas and could have been cut out.

Otherwise though, I really did like this story. It was interesting to read about how Gosalyn rationalizes her behavior and even started trying to adapt things from Darkwarrior. If it doesn't ruin your life, then you should try writing a multi-chapter fic about this. It's up to you though. ;)
Scyphi chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Hmm...interesting read, and it does clarify a few things, although I'm still not entirely sure about Gos's logic about all of this. She presents a much better argument this time around, but it's just isn't...Gos. I was honestly expecting her to be all fine and dandy until some traumatic event, more traumatic that DW getting burned, like maybe someone dying or something occurred that drove her over the edge, not her coming to this out of her own choice under remarkably normal circumstances (for her and the gang).

But then again, maybe that's the point. :P

I entirely understand the aspect of not trying to create more work for yourself than originally intended as I've been in that boat myself more than once...but it does kind of feel like you left things hanging with a cliffhanger that was just meant to be resolved somehow.

If that comment by any means messes things up for you as already described, I'd be more than willing to take the blame for it, but I just want to get that thought out there into the open. :)
RoseofSharon7 chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Thank you so much for writing a sequel! It definitely filled in some blanks. I really enjoyed your using Gosalyn's nine year old self as her conscience here. I really hope that you continue this; it has the potential to build into a really awesome story (with maybe Gosalyn redeeming herself? *nod nod wink wink*) Sorry, it's just a little hard to see a character we all know and love destroying everything she used to hold dear (although you do an admirable job depicting it). I can easily see this going so many different and wonderful ways, and I really hope to see you add to it eventually.
Malarity chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Oh man, I absolutely love how you write out Gosalyn's train of thought. Admittedly, the large amount of parentheses can be a little distracting when they're too long and cause me to lose my place, but I enjoy the background story you've set up for the Negaverse and its inhabitants. I really think you've set up all the elements for a potential series, if you ever plan to continue :) I think the added touch of her 9-year old subconscious was great too. I just know that if Gos traveled to the future and saw herself as the ruthless crimefighter depicted here, she'd be giving her teenage self a kick in the face.