Reviews for These Scars
Nicole chapter 83 . 2/12
Lots of love in your family. Thanks for the update
Sand n' Sable chapter 83 . 2/9
You did good girl, I am amused at Frances' dieting and counting calories, I just can't disipline myself enough to do that!

They see evil in Hitler, the man couldn't hide it. It will affect America, they just don't know it yet.

Now, which one was it that died in the facotry? I thought it was Frances husband! I'm sorry if I have it wrong.

Keep going!
Nicole chapter 82 . 2/3
Great chapter thanks for the update.
Sand n' Sable chapter 82 . 1/28
Well, I certainly identified with the first lines of the chapter,'Helen rolled over in bed. It was chilly, so she pulled the covers around her..." LOL.

You did good, I was worried that she would spend to much on their first meal and Eddie would explode! I think you did a fine job and pregnancy does cause you to get sick at smells. I never did but that doesn't mean others don't. Each case is different.

In reading about the Nazi occupation, are you going to have a member of the Lay family or a friend of the family go to war and have the family more involved? That certainly was interesting...

Keep going my little friend.
Nicole chapter 81 . 11/24/2013
Glad you decided to continue. Can't for the arrival grandpa.
Sand n' Sable chapter 81 . 11/24/2013
You did fine! A little writing typos here and there, I think you left out the 'R' in brothers one time...no biggie at all !
That was so sweet when you started out with Helen and Eddie then he surprised her with the house !

I was worried about the depression taken his money when he was so proud of saving, I heard the banks went under, couldn't pay people...things go bad.

The house sounds cute, did your mother ever point out the area so you might have an idea?

Keep writing!
nicole.cann.7 chapter 80 . 8/7/2013
Accidentally came across this story and I have really enjoyed it. It is neat to read about your family history. Please continue!
Sand n' Sable chapter 80 . 1/10/2013
Nice chapter! I was a little surprised that Helen got pregnant but it makes sense. Somehow I knew it was all going to work out but I understand her being scared.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Sand n Sable chapter 79 . 12/19/2012
Great! I figured you got inspired by watching the movie the other day! That was cute having her read that book, I wonder what her dad told her? lol.

Excuse me for saying it but I almost lost my lunch when I read he was feeding them horse meat, reminded me of a Mash episode when Col. Potter mentioned about the cook feeding them horse meat. Ugh.

Keep going!
Sand n' Sable chapter 78 . 9/16/2012
Great chapter! MY heart almost stopped as I read about Fred but was relived it was only a slight one. Strange how a person can have a heart attack and not know it.

I hate that about mister Hendrick! Ugh, I only see red at a person like that and it caught me by surprise, we have Hendrick's in the church!

It was also surprising about Helen and her man. You did a good job!
Guest chapter 77 . 7/2/2012
I thought it was all so good! I loved it all!

One little mistake...in the very first sentence, you wrote, 'her was kissing her neck'

Uh, what is going on Carolyn? lol.

I'm glad you explained about C.C.C. and it was so funny about the cat in the beer!
Sand n' Sable chapter 76 . 5/25/2012
It was such a good, cute chapter and I loved reading about the German words.

I feel bad for the other Ed who likes Helen, am I right?

I can't wait for the next chapter.
Sand n' Sable chapter 75 . 5/18/2012
I loved this chapter! It was so good! I like that about Fred working for the fire department and how he blocked the road! Quick question, was it a horse and buggy ambulance like I saw in LH one time? Just wondering.

I LOVED the B'day card, I so laughed!

If Helen wanted the other Ed, why did she say yes to this guy?

Keep writing!
Sand n' Sable chapter 74 . 3/11/2012
Nice little chapter...I was a little confused at first on who was attacked but I got it!

Keep it coming!
Sand n' Sable chapter 73 . 3/5/2012
Great chapter! Just great! I only noticed one little mistake, when Helen told Fred that she didn't care if they hear her all the way to China? You had her say my. Doesn't matter, small thing.

I had to read twice about the cheating. Helen wanted Clay because he was so good looking right? Well, good looks are not always what is best.