Reviews for If There are Wolves Among the Stars
Omega the etc chapter 20 . 11/24/2011
Alright! Give our heroes a little rest before more action kicks in. Some nice building of characters, too.
Guest chapter 19 . 11/24/2011
Ah, Relk. Unwilling predecessor to the Arbiter as first Elite allied with humans.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 17 . 11/23/2011
Ooh. Relk on the run. What shenanigans is that Elite going to get into this time?

On a separate note, there are many similarities I'm noticing between Six and Relk. They are both adjusting to uncomfortable situations (although at least Six is among allies)
Omega the etc chapter 16 . 11/22/2011
Wonderful! This story continues to entertain, and it keeps me guessing, too. I know I've mentioned it before, but the tentative truce between Relk and the Spartans is very tense for me. Every time his name is mentioned I start paying even closer attention for any signs of that moment of betrayal. 8)
SurferSquid chapter 24 . 11/21/2011
Nem, any chapter with Relk is a great chapter.

Alas, poor coffee-less Halsey.

Graaah I love the way you describe Relk he is so alien. Relk needs to be canon, he just does.

Also I love talking Relk. Well...human-talking Relk. I don't know why but it just makes him all the more adorable.

(clearly this entire story is about Relk)

Ooooooooooooh action. You write the best fight scenes, ever.

Noooooooo Six stop being so mean to Relk he just needs a huuuuug~

/teamRelk

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLIFFHANGER

/coherent review
Omega the Omniscient chapter 14 . 11/20/2011
"Once she started, Six couldn't stop looking at the gangly Elite posed in the too-small chair, looking like a dog that had been told to sit."

I don't often laugh at jokes in writing, but I cracked a smile at this one. This really is an awesome story. I'm beginning to forge some small hope that some sort of Stockholm syndrome might form in Relk that willat least prevent him doing harm when given the chance. Time will tell. More reading tomorrow!
SpartanGoddess chapter 24 . 11/20/2011
ARG! WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT! Why is it when Aislinn and Jorge finally have a moment together, they have to battle odds again?

You did this on purpose :- though I can't really say that I'm all that upset.

Once again you have blown me away with another great chapter. I will also admit that Relk is actually kind of cool...in a "scarycat,got to make the world see that I'm not running but strategically

retreating" kind of way :-P

YAY! Please don't leave your readers in suspence too long...we must know what happened!
OhTex chapter 24 . 11/20/2011
I'm so happy you've updated I can't even begin to put it into words!

The Six/Jorge romance was divine as always...why can't they realise how much they like each other? Damn you, Spartan emotions!

And the action was fantastic too. I'm loving poor Relk more and more!

Please update again soon...cliffies are sweet agony!

Guest chapter 12 . 11/19/2011
Falcon! So, if this is multiplayer, the falcon only has two guns. Who gets to ride on top? {;)
Omega the Omniscient chapter 11 . 11/19/2011
I love Relk. Not in a weird way! Not even in an "I like this blood thirsty psycho" sort of way. (funny, I don't consider that weird). I love the character, perhaps because I sympathize with his cowardice. He's so self serving and so desperate to survive. He is the only reason Jorge is alive, and he has doomed so many of his comrades in an attempt to defend his own life and honor that is almost certainly doomed to fail anyway. I love your writing!
OhTex chapter 23 . 11/14/2011
This story is just...so perfect. I can't even begin to describe how much I love it; the characterisation, the dialogue, the detail, the relationships...it's just all so perfect!

I love the touches of Six/Jorge too; they're my favourite Halo ship and the elements of it that you write here are very believeable.

Also, all of the background and description you've written of Six is fantastic...it's good to have a clearer picture of her!

Keep writing and I can't WAIT to read more :)
Chickyoudon'tknow chapter 23 . 10/15/2011
Dear god, you make the characters so real. I've never been able to so easily picture a story. My self-confidence as an author has sunk to a new low reading this. I don't review for alot, but this chapter made me. What you have done is absolutely breathtaking. Keep up the fantastic work, please.
Ragez chapter 23 . 10/13/2011
Nice work!
Sarge1995 chapter 23 . 10/7/2011
Well, everyone's beginning to succumb to the boredom, and Halsey must be getting tired of talking about weaponry...but, the end seems to be in sight! Looking forward to your next update!
SurferSquid chapter 23 . 10/7/2011
Nem why does that sound like the setup for a terrible joke? "So these five Spartans and a genius are stuck in a cave for eight days..." Oh wait. The punchline, it is "twenty questions".

Look on the bright side, guys! You've got a Wralk!

Hehe, I like the idea of Six's musings about pantheons of Spartans with days named after them.

Aww, poor Halsey. Even geniuses get bored. Actually they probably get bored a lot. Too much brain and too little to do is a painful combination.

YESSSSSS you did the twenty questions thing I love you.

You just manage to make Relk more and more adorable with every chapter. He's so conscientious. Although, an Elite stepping on even a Spartan's foot would put that foot out of commission for a good long while.

Awwwww English-speaking Relk is even more endearing than he usually is! I want to converse with him ceaselessly!

With Halsey, everything is srs bsns.

I, this is the best game of twenty questions I have ever read about. Stuck in a cave with Spartans, a Halsey, and a Wralk, playing twenty questions, is so my new happy place.

xD Coffee pleases the Forerunners. I'd like to see evidence of this.

I feel like I would have carved spiraling symbols into cave walls if I were bored, Nem.

Nem you write caves so beautifully it makes me want to explore them in spite of my claustrophobia. Excellent.

Aww. More Six and Halsey bonding. Sorta.

Also I find this conversation about Shakespeare with Spartans to be brilliant. Poor Halsey.

I feel like wearing MJOLNIR is probably the best idea when climbing a rockfall. So again, poor Halsey. ...Wow, I'm really sympathizing with her.

Nem, I officially-unofficially declare these your characters. You have brought them alive for me and many others.

"Some were like columns, while others kept their mass vertical, making boulder-sized plateaus that looked like couches." I think you wanted "horizontal" there, not "vertical". Small slip.

Awwww draping Relk is draping.

I think part of the reason why I liked these cave chapters so much is that they're so quiet and subdued and...well, peaceful compared to the rest of Halo. Which may also be why the whole thing was glossed over so quickly in the novel.
191 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »