Reviews for To Sleepwalk Through Shadow
MrRobertsIII chapter 3 . 10/28/2013
Neat fic! Hope you find the time to continue it.
MrRobertsIII chapter 2 . 10/28/2013
Fun to read even though I have no idea of Amber.
Nemo Blank chapter 3 . 1/7/2013
Nicely done. You've neatly captured Zelazney's style. I wonder whose daughter it was that Voldemort killed and if 'The Power That He Knows Not' is in this case an outraged Prince of Amber bearing a lesson in inventive cruelty.
Jimbocous chapter 3 . 7/22/2012
This is great!. Don't think I've seen anything done with the Amber universe, certainly one of my favorites. Tremendous potential here, and some great conflicts for Harry as he tries to decide what "real" really is, and does it matter. Interesting mystery surrounding the fact he was able to walk the Pattern, and of course the Amberites are not going to allow him to walk away unscathed unless they also can get some answers.
Niche story or not, I sure hope you'll get back to this; would love to see what you have in mind. Thanks for a thought-provoking read so far! This one goes on the faves list for sheer potential.
en extase chapter 3 . 2/19/2012
Awesome, how Harry decided to flee Amber. I particularly liked how he realized they just didn't care for his world, and took his chances. The characters from Amber are presumably protagonists of that series, but it's a fantastic nuance that they can be not-Harry's-enemies', but just not care about Shadow.

The return to Hogwarts was a fine scene as well. At first, I was afraid that he'd wound up in some alternate reflection of the wizarding world.

A critique I'd make would be that Harry should react more strongly against the fact that his world is Shadow. Thoughts like "Who are these people to tell me my world isn't real?"

I think that, ideally, the journey through the Pattern could have been described more vividly. It's hard to visualize these abstract scenes.

This is such a promising story. I wish I'd read it earlier while you were actively working on it. I hope you feel the urge to write more for it in the near future.
en extase chapter 2 . 2/19/2012
You followed up the opening with another great chapter. It sucks that I know there's only one more chapter after this one, but I'm going to try and enjoy knowing that there's a little more to read after I hit the review button.
en extase chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Great beginning. You have a very distinctive style. I loved how you described Harry traveling through the forest with the howls trailing him.

"The trees faded away… the widening path leading out onto what seemed a flat plain… high blades of grass, dandelions blowing in the glow of the moon, whips of wind flitting about my shoulders, I pulled my cloak tight around my shoulders."

Beautiful writing.
Ratus chapter 3 . 1/23/2012
What I think is it is wonderful, and I really hope you go on with this story.
chris chapter 3 . 1/19/2012
very interesting crossover and i liked the story,i always did like the amber series of books and you kept most of the charactors in cannon.
Mad Hamish chapter 3 . 12/19/2011
Just found this story; excellent. Look forward to more.
Nauro chapter 2 . 12/4/2011
I dunno what i was reviewing (refer to the review of chapter 3), but it probably wasn't this fic. ;D

It's good, and there seem to be no failures to bring out the important things from the setting.

Still, you need to update to say more :p
Nauro chapter 3 . 12/3/2011
Lacks more to even be anything you can review.

So far it's basically a scene of amber. There feels the workings of a bigger plot, but maybe that's it.

It probably won't be updated, but oh well.

Writing style seems ok, the plot is nonreviewable so far, and there isn't much I could say.

So, kind of an ok job.

Nauro.
xa0c chapter 3 . 6/25/2011
Well, until I see more I can't really say anything about the plot, but the premise is quite original. Looking forward to more updates.
Greywizard chapter 3 . 5/21/2011
I'm delighted to see this story, since there are far too few Amber crossovers stories to begin with, let alone those crossing it with Harry Potter.

Hope we see more of this story soon.
Arden Ranger chapter 3 . 5/21/2011
The Amber books are my very favorite stories. I read them every couple of years. I was pleased to find this. The first person perspective makes your story fit neatly with the way Zelazny wrote them.

I do have one quibble. In chapter 2, the man you described is not Benedict. He sounds more like Gerard, who is a large, muscular man with black hair and blue eyes. Benedict is tall and thin and dour, with straight brown hair and hazel eyes.