Reviews for Forever Changed
Maribor chapter 1 . 2/17
So my friend and I have this tradition where I read stories to her over the phone as she cleans her apartment...she gets really bored otherwise. Anyways we're in a Brokeback phase right now so she had me pick something randomly to read. I told her the summary for your story and despite the fact that neither of us are really into Twilight we decided to give it a try. Long story short, we loved it. Like really loved it. I for one even choked up at a few parts. I wish I found Edward this charming and considerate, deep and caring when Meyer wrote him. In my opinion you took a mediocre character and made him ten times better! Anyways, I just wanted to say, we adored your story and if it matters, she's a columnist for an online newspaper and I'm a PH.d candidate in English Lit. slaving away on my thesis (and also a ridiculous amount of fanfic). My point is we each do a lot of writing, a lot, and we both thought your plotting and storytelling was top notch. We read this maybe two weeks ago and I keep bringing it up! I realize you may not even check this account anymore but on the off chance you do, I wanted to say thank you and very good job. :D
Nevrandil chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Hi

I don't like Twilight and Edward is not a character I am remotely interested in but I do love Jack Twist so when I found this on Tumblr I decided to read it anyway. I liked your style, the language, the description of emotions and surroundings. :) I like how you incorporated BBM at the end too :)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Nev
StrayingSheep chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
I had always considered believable slash featuring a remotely canon Edward virtually impossible, but you have beautifully proved me wrong. Thanks for sharing.
Camilla10 chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Well, here are my thoughts. I loved your story. I can take slash, when it is as meaningful as this is. Only, you know I am sucker for Edward and Bella forever, eventually. So I can only hope that now that Edward is living in Forks and he is about to meet Bella, things devlop from there. For sure, the fact that he has had this life altering experience would ensure that thaey had a much mor mature relationship. This is my hope. Should you continue this, it would probably go in another direction,I know.
denverpopcorn chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
So glad you pimped this. I love a good crossover and then with slash, whew. It was super caliente and you know it.

You did capture the loneliness and isolation of the West in a satisfying way. I love the rodeo when it comes to town and was sold on a dreamy, listless Jack wishing for a better life.

And most AU Edwards are so broody, it's hard to empathize with them but I enjoyed the way you treated his own loneliness. I loved the choice you made to give him some worth by giving selflessly to another person, allowing Jack the okay to be who he is. It really made me like this Edward.

thanks for writing. :)
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Wow, you totally broke my heart with the passage about Edward's loneliness and alienation from his existence. Guh!

And the descriptions of the natural world embodied such deep emotions. That is an art!

I actually watched Brokeback Mountain only about a month or so ago, so the movie is pretty fresh in my mind. You've done a wonderful job with this cross-over, not doing violence to either BBM or Twilight. Just wonderful.

I like to think that if in this timeline you have created Edward should meet Bella, and if they should come to know and love each other, that she would cherish this grace that had saved him.

Great story! So glad you pimped it on ADF!
grayskiesatdawn chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
I can't believe I took so long to read this. I had begun to read it shortly after you posted it, but got distracted and never finished it. This happens a lot. Now that I've finished it, I can say whole-heartedly that it is wonderfully done. Kudos for it being your first attempt at slash. I haven't read a lot of slash, but this was great. And I dare say, a little better than the original Brokeback Mountain. I always found the kissing in the original to be a little odd. Like they're making out with each other's cheeks instead of mouth, but that maybe because the actors were trying to portray the reserved nature of the relationship, I don't know.

Anyway, you did a fantastic job with this story.
Noverael Parabatai chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
I fucking love you for writing this! Honestly, that was so beautiful that it touched me as much as the actual Brokeback Mountain movie... Your writing style is so beautiful and divinely incredible!

I loved how you wrote Edward's self loathing, his emotions, his personality... You did Edward's memories so perfect and flawlessly. And having him watch Jack's dreams was great. Wonderful job, really, it was so beautiful.

And Jack's uncertainty was perfection, his questioning, his dreams of men, you made it so beautiful and believeable! I swear, this story pulled more emotion out of me than anything I've ever read. You actually brought tears to my eyes, and that's something that rarely happens.

And I loved how you had Jack feel so lost, how he thought what he felt was wrong, but couldn't help but feel it... You did such an amazing job with this story...

And I loved how Alice was there through it all, seeing it, interacting with Edward... Perfection.

And their meeting was beautiful, Edward's cover story, him talking with Jack, then the beautiful, sexy, fuckaliscious dream... ;) The sex in this story was the best I've ever read. It was divinely beautiful, perfect in its realism... I swear, you deserve award upon award for writing this. Hell, you deserve to rule the universe for writing this. I just don't want to stop praising this story... It's so abso-fucking-lutely perfect. I'm getting some of my friends to check this out, it's just too perfect not to be read by everyone in the world.

I am going to reread this over and over again... It's just soooooo amazing, I mean, wow! I think I'm gonna save this to my Kindel and read it ever day, :P

I swear, you made this so damn perfect that I can barely stand to see it end, :( But, you made it perfect, having Jack and Edward go on with the courses their lives take in both universes. You're the most amazing person in the world, and I thank you sooooooooooo much for writing that, you've basically made my life, :P So thank you, thank you so, so much! This is, without a doubt, the most beautiful story in existance.
WhiteAngel10 chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
The story is amazing and you did and amazing job.
erosian chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
I loved it, and i literally cried on it... it was absolutely beautiful, purely amazing, and one of the best stories I've ever read.

You are amazingly talented, divinely talented, in fact.

Keep writing and don't ever stop, you could quiet literally become amazingly famous very soon, even now in fact.

Thank you soooooo much for writing that, it was perfection in every meaning of the word.
dellaterra chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
First of all, this was an absolutely brilliant idea for a crossover!

I love how you gave us some back story for Edward's mindreading ability; if SM ever did that, I no longer remember what she said.

This is a wonderful, heartbreaking sentence: "It was all a mockery of the curious child he was, the adolescent he strived to be, and, worse still, the man he had dreamed of one day becoming." Poor Edward - so much angst!

Great descriptions of Alice and Jasper: "the chirpy clairvoyant and her stoic empath"!

I love the way you took the time to set up the story. By the end of Part I, I was wallowing in Edward's misery almost as much as he was! And then you gave us a brief interlude where Edward is momentarily at peace in the freedom of the great outdoors.

You write Parts II and III with the same deliberateness and attention to detail, beautifully rewriting and intercutting scenes from the film. Crossovers can be clunky but there are no clunks here; you have seamlessly woven the two stories together and I'm so glad you did!

Of course the payoff is worth the wait. I love how Edward can read dreams as well as thoughts, how the faceless man in Jack's dream becomes the gorgeous man right outside his tent, how beautifully you've written Edward's self-discovery, and how, at long last, they find happiness together, however briefly.

And Alice's dual visions at the end are absolutely brilliant. I love imagining what Ang Lee might have done with this on film, a beautiful prequel to the bittersweet life of Jack Twist. Thanks for sharing this incredible story.
faireyfan chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
You did such a great job in capturing the two worlds. I love the build up to the meeting of Edward and Jack, the lemony good times and then the perfect ending. Fabulous, well written vampire-cowboy slash, who could ask for more?
Yasmina2005 chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Aw, the apple of my eye, the blood of my veins, the nipple of my tit (the left one)! I'm really happy the world now has the opportunity to appreciate this masterpiece and draw satisfaction from just the right amount of stroking and spit lube dominance. Seriously, this is a wonderful story, THANK YOU SO MUCH once again for that, you made my prevy dream come true!