Reviews for Dragonoid
Zakeraz chapter 14 . 2/13
Well damn, this conspiracy subplot sure makes for a more tense reunion. Sounds like Stoic merely covered up the conspiracy rather than orchestrating it himself. Is that right? Because it sounded like the latter at first, which would’ve made Stoic a complete monster.
There was a typo that could do with fixing during that cover up conversation. Normally, I’d ignore these things, but since this is an important and dramatic scene, the typo distracts readers from the tone. Where Alex describes why Astrid hated him, he says, “These terrible stories of conspires and cover-ups...,” should be conspiracies.
Great work as always. Keep it up!
Jarjaxle chapter 14 . 2/11
O_O...Stoick...DID WHAT!? ...You decided to make some really big changes huh...Stoick Killed both Astrid's Dad..and VAIKA!? And for What!? A War!? Chance to kill Dragonoids... and even willing to murder his Son after this...

Waaaiit...OK My Mistake...he just Tried to cover it up...OK my mistake...whew...

Wondering the end tough...Just why did Hiccup want Stoick say yes...and what did he activated with that? what Hologram is that?
jigbashmop chapter 14 . 2/9
I kind of hate you right now for that cliffhanger. Grr...
gabrielyalejandra.rengellopez chapter 14 . 2/9
I hate stoik, I know that later he will change his mind and it will become good, but even so I will hate him, it is impossible that only because he changes his mind I forgive everything he did to Álex
Stoick is a real piece of sh** in this story.

The lies, the manipulation, the lack of care, the almost eagerness to shoot his own son, just wow.

Very well done.
jigbashmop chapter 13 . 2/4
Huh, I honestly forgot that Tsad Droten was actually a ship. I guess now I know what's standing in for the queen, though I would imagine the smaller ships are going to play a larger part than the drone dragons in the movie did. Or maybe the pilots will choose peace, leaving just the mother ship commanded by Zearaan.

The general kind of went a little 'hostile takeover'-y there, but I think I liked it more. It was something I always had a bit of an issue with in the movie; the Vikings were willing to more or less commit suicide just because Stoick said so. I mean, roughly a hundred men wielding axes vs thousands of dragons (at the very least)? No matter how tough you are, you're gonna die.
This is a fantastic story! I generally do not like httyd Sci-fi fics, but this one reached out and grabbed me. Thank you so much! I can't wait to read the rest of your story.
gabrielyalejandra.rengellopez chapter 13 . 2/2
That's what happens to you imbeciles, I always get angry that part of the movie and as stoik shows how bad father he is, in addition to hiccup he forgives him very quickly.
Zakeraz chapter 12 . 1/27
Well done! Loving the description on how you reacted to learning about the ship war between Ruusaan and Astrid. Alex and Ruusaan had such adorable chemistry I couldn’t help but fall for them too. Still, I like your portrayal of Alex and Astrid; it just feels right. Good reasoning on the change up with Ruusaan and the Night Fury being captured. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to spend the next week worrying about Ruusaan getting captured and Astrid getting shot. Evil, evil author.
Jarjaxle chapter 12 . 1/27
...God Dammit Stoick...well, nice to see that you made cahnge to usual vs Nightmare fight...tough oh, boy...Astrid was shot? and after this they are sure as hell in holding cells...and Vikings go to Slaughter Ruusaan's people...if they succeed that will makes Peace impossible...well, quite a surprise because you are following movie plot, but still that would be a twist
Aureola Amator chapter 12 . 1/26
Hmm, despite my previous grievances, I still thoroughly enjoyed the chapter, as usual. You always do manage to make the chapters a really great Friday evening read. Now, to the real reason for this review. While I am still disappointed with the pairing not being what I thought it was...I’m still completely hooked and in love with the story. I had already remembered that you’d mentioned the story was mostly if not all pre-written, so I was most definitely not expecting you to change it, I was just surprised. But I was still willing to keep reading because you write incredibly well, especially for where every other writer doesn’t know how to spell any word more than 3 letters long. And I am still enthralled by your story, it’s simply captivating to me because of my love for sci-fi and httyd and you’ve combined it and it’s amazing and fun and wild and just...yes. Anyways, love it, keep writing, and if you ship HiccupXAstrid as well as you write, it’ll just make it that much better. Also, quick note, I’m glad you’re the kind of author that gets happy with things like that ship “war” because while some may be pushing what is the line between constructive criticism and rude criticism, you took all of what we said without being offended and actually appreciated the fact that you managed to start said war. You’re a good enough writer that you got a bunch of us all in some fit over a story. Obviously, it’s not “just” a fanfictionTil next time,
Aureola~•)
jigbashmop chapter 12 . 1/26
See? I knew I would enjoy it. This chapter was definitely one of the more "cinematic" ones, even if it was mostly just a re-write of the movie scene. The appearance of the Night Fury was definitely a surprise and I completely agree, it gives the story the same sense of drama as the movie. I admit I was concerned about how you would write it but you definitely succeeded.

Although now I'm curious, what is the purpose behind the automated message? "Mav gar sushir?Will you listen?" If Zearaan wants war, why try to make their enemies listen to reason? Maybe it's just some outdated programming from when there was hope of peace, but I like to think that someone deliberately put it in as a sort of Hail Mary. Hoping that maybe, just maybe, someone would say yes.
You should do an alternate ending for this once you're finished, about Hiccup and Ruusaan.
jigbashmop chapter 11 . 1/20
Up until now it wasn't certain where you were going with the romantic aspect of the story. I admit I was hoping you'd go with Ruusaan (makes it more original), but I can see why you picked Astrid instead. I'd say this chapter definitely steered Russaan more towards the 'older sister' role but maybe Astrid could be the source of some conflict between Hiccup and Ruusaan.
Well, regardless of what you choose I'm sure I'll enjoy it. And don't worry about long chapters. In my opinion, the longer the better.
No Alien Sexy time?