Reviews for Duan Xiu Zhi Pi
Ori, do you hear that? That's the sound of millions of new fans of Janyuu and Yamaki grabbing their canes to beat you. I suggest you run!

Also honestly, I love Jiyan in this. You really do portray him as a real homophobe, they are not just "gays this gays that" they are actual people, have actual relationships and they legitimately believe they are doing what's right by being that way when it comes up, and trying to ignore it when it isn't brought up. So good job. Now, again, RUN!
art-is-a-bang-yeah chapter 15 . 9/9/2013
Hi :D,

I just realised that I have never reviewed this story before. I've read this story so many times I know it almost off by heart. I can honestly say your stories are my favorite to read on , I love Lianjie's reaction and Takato's Dads reaction to Takato learning chinese for Jen :D.

Um I hope you don't mind but I drew some fan art for Passion of the Cut Sleeve...and Iwas wondering if it would be alright if I posted it on Deviantart? I promise to make sure to put that Ori wrote it and a link to the story if you like.

Also thanks for writing such awesome stories Ori and thanks for tracking him down and convincing him to write again Taiki Matsuki :D

Arty
Dreamstrider chapter 4 . 4/28/2012
I've had experience with a similar situation, except it's the other way around. When my mothers told my grandparents that they were getting married, my grandfather stood up and hugged them...and my grandmother burst into tears (not the happy kind). She told them that they might make it harder for me, that people would bully me over having two married mothers, or that it might look bad (I think that was the real reason). When my mother told me these things, it made me upset, and for a while I thought I hated her (unfortunately, my socialist grandfather, who moderated her rather homophobic stances, died a few years ago). But then I remembered all the times we'd had together, and I realised that homophobic or not, she was still my grandmother. Since you don't get to choose your family, you just have to accept them for what they are (I guess it makes it better that my grandmother didn't disown my mother when she told her she was gay; she apparently told my mother that she never wanted to see her again, but by the time she got to the door, my grandmother changed her mind and told her to come back). I still never tell her I'm a bisexual, because I know it would upset her, but that doesn't really bother me. Even if she can't accept me, I can accept her. I guess that's really the point, in the end.

Oh dear, have I gone on for that long? Sorry! Ori, this is most definitely one of your really good stories, whatever you may have thought of it when you wrote it (and whatever you may think of it now). Maybe it's just because I had that experience, but I really think it's relate-able, and also an interesting exploration of an under-developed pairing. Keep up the good work, and good luck with the RA!
rrm chapter 9 . 3/25/2012
This was just... depressing.

I actually got teary-eyed just reading this.

Just how Yamaki stood there calling for Jangyu without receiving an answer, it was so, well, sad.

And to imagine something like that could make someone's personality change so much, Hmm...

You're good at this! You should write more stuff like this. A story about Takato getting rejected like that; I can imagine it! It would be awesome!

Anyways, keep up the good job.
Anna Kaiya Freeman chapter 15 . 12/1/2010
I am so glad I found you guys. Your fics are wonderful, and I really enjoy reading them. :)

There just isn't enough love for Jenkato...
Musical Darkness chapter 10 . 11/22/2010
*sniffs* That's so sad! I officially hate Grandpa Jiyan. Keep going Ori! I'm waiting for the next chapter!

To Taiki: Great. Why'd you have to say that? Now I'm going to be staring my inbox for the rest of today.
Musical Darkness chapter 7 . 11/21/2010
Ditto what Taiki said. Yays for Ori!
Musical Darkness chapter 5 . 11/20/2010
Yay for Janmaki! More Janmaki!

...I will admit that the slash pairings have grown on me.

This is really, really, really, really, *really* good Ori! Keep writing!
MarkoRailo chapter 4 . 11/20/2010
Oo liking this story, the image of a hyper yamaki bouncing off the walls is kinda cute too P

Didn't know shinjuku was the san fran of Japan o, been there and all I remember seeing were posters of naked ladies outside weird clubs... And loads of people in suits, oh and ramen shops D

Homophobic grandpa is interesting, but I suppose you can't really blame him, some people were just brought up that way and fed stereotypes that we all know aren't true, so it would be entirely believable if he was loving and cuddly but also strongly against "perverts"

As with any jenkato addition, looking forward to the next chapter!