Reviews for From Isolation
Guest chapter 9 . 10/3/2013
Damn, Jowan had it hard. I always feeled bad for Jowan, and I always wanted to spat on bioware to make, once again, another error, forcing us to take a certain point of view, aka, flat out do as if Jowan was evil.
DeadRosencrantz chapter 9 . 6/18/2013
Man it is a crying shame that more people haven't found this story and commented. Excellent work. I really like how you've fleshed Jowan's character. I also enjoyed the banter between Anders & Jowan.
I'll be following this story, I'll be looking forward to updates.
Ventisquear chapter 8 . 8/22/2011
How did I miss this little gem?

This story is amazing. You are real master at characterisation. Your Jowan is very realistic and believable, bearing his own pains, flaws and burdens but trying to do his best.

The others characters and their interactions, especially Anders are very well written as well. I loved little info about Anders background and family, it explains so much.

And Velanna, that's exactly my thoughts - I suddenly missed warm and friendly Morrigan.
Nithu chapter 7 . 7/11/2011
Velanna is one of my favourite characters to hate and you gave me plenty to work with! :)
Chasind Desire chapter 6 . 5/25/2011
I thought I'd reviewed this already because I loved it a lot. I love the concept of him being in charge of the wardens. this is one of my favorite Jowan stories. You have a good sense of him.
Nithu chapter 6 . 4/28/2011
I do like Ines. I'd rather have had her than preachy Wynne for Origins :)
Wolfox6 chapter 5 . 3/17/2011
*Very* well done. Nathaniel was spot on in this, and I could feel my compassion stirring yet again for him. I always favoured the Cousland origin for the tragic loss, and immediately warmed up to Nathaniel for the shared experience when playing.

Nice touch with the connection of Jowan and Anders while facing the old biddy herself.

Wonderful chapter.
Nithu chapter 5 . 3/11/2011
Poor Jowan, he has a lot to learn about leading. I'm interested to see how Nate fits in... or doesn't. For all he's volunteered, he seems to be holding himself very apart.
Lady Cailan chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
Though it was definitely one of those chapters filled with a lot of information - it was fantastic! I can't believe I can only read one chapter so far! I don't get it - what happens now? Good job!
Wolfox6 chapter 4 . 2/4/2011
Good to see Jowan being assertive. As Commander, his rank alone is worthy of *some* respect. Mysterious stalker has me intrigued! :)
Nithu chapter 4 . 2/4/2011
I don't know how you keep three stories on the go, but I'm very glad you do. Anders is such a charmer, you've captured him so well. Lyna's interesting, I'm looking forward to see how she develops.

I felt so sorry for Jowan when Anders was getting at him. I can understand where Anders is coming from, but Jowan really does seem to be a reformed character; I wish people would let him move on.

I assume the mysterious tracker is Nate. Will he be recruited, after all? Looking forward to the next installment!
Wolfox6 chapter 3 . 12/18/2010
I'm finding myself starting to really like Jowan as Commander. He feels, thinks and speaks in a way that is very human, but with growing depth.

Well done!
Superstar Kid chapter 3 . 12/11/2010
I like this story this have a different prespective. Jowan is the Warden Commander, I do like the different opnions about Jowan, Alistair doesn't trust him much, partly because the Warden who died destroying the Archdemon was involved with Jowan. Anders doesn't trust him much, but there must've been something inside Jowan otherwise the Warden wouldn't been with him. I love to see how Jowan is Warden Commander and goes through this story, it's unique and different. it's like the fic with Sgt Kylon as a major character, which I like as well. Great chapter love to see what happens next
Nithu chapter 3 . 12/11/2010
Firstly, as long as you're updating ONE of your stories, i don't mond which it is. They're all so good!

I really like Anders' POV, it's a good way to show how much Jowan has changed (or in some instances, hasn't).

Lyna is an interesting addition. And Nathaniel... will he come back or not? I'm looking forward to finding out.

'is there an echo in here?' this cracked me up. It's good to see that Jowan has managed to retain a sense of humour.
Wolfox6 chapter 2 . 11/22/2010
Intriguing dynamics in all directions. Should be interesting to see how the Commander pulls it off.

Nicely done.