Reviews for Life on the Run
Puffie chapter 26 . 9/13
This is the first multi-chapter Dragon Age fanfic I finished so kudos to you for that. I love the Warden x Cullen crack ship and I thank you for writing this for them.

So the following will be some opinions and hopefully, constructive criticism. First, I'm not fond of the repeated descriptions of Solona's ordinary features. At first it served the purpose of her cunningness and ability to blend but at the later part it's a tedious way of emphasizing her specialness.

Perhaps that is minor; I find the pacing incredibly slow and there is a lack of definitive build up for the story's climax. I appreciate all the work you did for an in depth view of Solona's and Cullen's psych and I really like that both had to overcome a lot of inner demons and their upbringing to get closer to another, especially from Cullen's side. The humanity of mages is a great point to ponder.

However perhaps it's a matter of story intentions - I didn't get what I expected. I would hardly describe this story as romantic. It's centered on compassion, fascination, psychological and physical dependency, and lust. They are in a very difficult situation and they were drawn to each other.

I expected conversations, Solona's and Cullen spent almost all their perspective trying to figure out each other or thinking about their feelings, but they have barely no communication. At first it's alright since Cullen was hostile to her, but I got disappointed when it was nearing its end. While You wrote beautifully their night of passion in Ostagar, it was more of lust and the idea of love is not tackled much.

What is love to Solona? To Cullen? I think I would have liked it if I saw them sharing little bits of happiness and getting to know some little things about each other. Perhaps Cullrn finds some of Solona's habits as endearing, perhaps Cullen snores and Solona finds it funny. I think it's also possible that Solona and Cullen are very young so lust, love, compassion and curiosity are muddled up, and its not a bad thing but a human thing.

Again thank you for this and Im glad you included Alistair, oh that baby.
Ah! Thank you for writing and sharing this story. I love how you have weaved this story, especially how you repeated the lines through a chapter. Anyways, thanks again - it's been a very enjoyable read.
Guest chapter 26 . 11/11/2015
Please excuse me while I lie down here screaming...

The Plot twists! the believable characters! The story in overall! You are such an amazing writer. So far I have loved all of your work. I can't even!
Moon chapter 26 . 9/27/2015
A beautiful little story written in a pleasant, lyrical manner, that managed to convey much with few words. While not an immersive work, I enjoyed learning how their thoughts and feelings changed as the story progressed quite a lot. I do however think you abused the repetition of key phrases a bit too much, to the point it felt slightly intrusive to the flow of the writing rather than progressing naturally.
Warden-Queen-Theirin chapter 26 . 7/8/2015
Oh my goddd!

This is andwonderfully awesome. I loves every bit of it.

Great. Just great!
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 25 . 2/10/2015
There was an astounding lack of closure that left the bitter taste of lost love on her lounge (tongue).

He firmly believed that talking would wait until barrier that had been erected were stripped and he could feel her in his sould (soul) once more.
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 23 . 2/10/2015
She would move t(h)em only on occasion to make sure that an unknown threat was not advancing upon her, but otherwise she stood in silent vigil.
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 17 . 2/10/2015
The fi(r)st brisk exposure of the water that had broken upon her skin cleaved a path of simplicity that left her feeling marginally cleansed of her past misdeeds.
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 14 . 2/10/2015
Her hear(t) prayed that he would be angry or even lapsed back into the Chantry mentality
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 10 . 2/10/2015
Cullen was a man who knew his prey well, but not (t)his one, and he felt that this could be a trap.
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 8 . 2/10/2015
Cullen need(ed) lyrium and he needed it now.
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 7 . 2/10/2015
For some reason, with the all the repeating of "She knew how to escape" I was starting to expect evil laughter at the end.

"Mwahaha ha! It's all going according to plan! Freedom shall be mine!"
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 4 . 2/10/2015
She blended with the background as easily as a dear (tear) drop blends with a pond.
Unnamed Wanderer chapter 3 . 2/10/2015
Talking about summing up people in one word:
Solona was average.
Cullen was determined.
Asha'revas chapter 26 . 12/2/2014
Simply wonderful! :) Spent almost all night reading this! I love your stories (or well, the two that I have read!)