Reviews for Windows to the Soul
Guest chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Beautiful fanfic. I love your version of the Wishverse.
Lola Smith chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
I totally agree with you about the fight scene, but this is hardly the first one.
The one where Kendra died.
The Vineyard.
Every single fight scene with the potentials and bringers.
The one with Buffy, Angelus, and Acathla.
The writers have the characters make stupid and inplausible mistakes that cost someone their lives.
Thank you for fixing this one.
David Fishwick chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Excellent idea and thanks for writing.
SpyAgent001 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Wow, I loved the idea for this! It was great! I really liked it when Buffy and Angel still ended up falling for each other. I wish there was more, but I won't ask! :)

Cool story.

B/A FOREVER,

L
GNatGirl13 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
I was worried for a bit getting to the end that the story was going to end in 'perfect happiness' and how devistating that would be without Buffy knowing what happened. But I am really glad it did not. :)
RionaleprechaunwingsGallagher chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Okay, how did I not review this earlier? This was just SO perfect. Words can't describe how much I love this story. I just think that it is one of the best things ever. I mean, I love all of your stories, but this one was great. You wrote so in character and everything was great. LOVE IT!
Fleur du Feu chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
This is very well written and enjoyable. Great Job!
My-Crazy-Awesome-Sox chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
This was very interesting, but I can't help but feel it's still going to end in tradgity because of the curse. The didn't know about it in the first universe and they don't know about it in this one either. And this time there's no Willow to restore it. She finally believes Angelus isn't playing with her and then they are going to sleep together and it will turn out just as she thought it would from the beginning. Angelus would probably tun her... I think that would still be a fitting ending though considering the wishverse. Nice job though!
depper57 chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
YOu nailed those two, as you always do, perfectly! I like to think that Buffy and Angel would be destined to be together in any verse.

Amazing short, thank you for sharing it with us!
azerjaban chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Excellent story!
AnglcDmn1986 chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Might have to kick your ass if we don't get more Wishverse stuff after Season 9 is done... LMAO.

I'm kidding.

This was really well done, and I absolutely loved it. I always wondered what would have happened with Wishverse Angel and Buffy if they hadn't died.
EmeraldWings90 chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
I read this when it first appeared, just didn't have the patience to write about it - it would deserve as long a review as I wrote for Season 9, but I'm kinda out of ideas. But I think it's the most real Wishverse fic I've read, and the basic concept is brilliant - I mean, both the fact that she killed the Master that way, and that she falls in love with him while she thinks he's just playing a game. Near the end, I was terrified of the happiness clause being triggered in a way that she would never know he really has been good - but that's what a tragedy fic writer would do, and you're not one. :)

-Wings
Kairos Impending chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
SURPRISE. I caught up to your day. Feels like it's been a while since I reviewed you over in these parts! Quick, update something so I can do it again.

I'm glad I read the sonnet before rereading the story; I'd forgotten how well it fit, and it was nice to go into the tale with the lines about "my soul's true face" and "the patient angel waiting for a place" in my head. Patience plays into Buffy and Angel's relationship, especially the Wishverse version, so much that entire stories could be written about that alone.

Favorite parts: Angel being all worshipful about getting permission to eat; Buffy thinking Angel was going to kill her when he had her pinned to the wall though he was actually just thinking about kissing her; Angel carrying wounded Buffy home in his arms; three paragraphs of snogging.

Favorite lines: "What happened to him?"/"I did."; "...distracted by her choice of pronoun"; "The Three fought as a seamless team, but so did Buffy and Angel"; "I didn't understand love well enough to fake it."

You really kept both of them in character, not only to canon but specifically to their Wishverse selves, or what little we saw of those. They're still the same people we know, with the same love, but this AU just gives us one more way to see how it will always be between them no matter the world.
SunnyKitten chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
How do you do that? How do you keep in tune with the characters so perfectly? This piece is so vibrantly true!

Although Buffy's acceptance of Angel as a good person seems slightly premature. I mean, it sounds a bit too well-phrased, like she's thought about the matter many times before. But she's just found out he has a soul, that the man she loves is real and not a mask. She had to have hopes, yes, but I don't think she dared to express them in words, even to herself. Now all she needs is a few more hours, though.

That said, the words themselves ring true and strong. I was always bugged that in canon, Buffy never told Angel he was a good man. Fred was the first who did (like Wesley was the first who shook his hand onscreen), and for that, I love her even more.

And, er, what's about the curse? Yes, I know the fic is finished, and I don't ask to update, but that issue left me with a distinct sense of dread in the end. Well... silly me, maybe that was the plan.

Now I'm extremely intrigued by your bigger plans for Wishverse; they can't not to be captivating. I can't wait - well, I can and I will, but (pouts) I so don't want to!

- AK
Lizzy85cec chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
In one word... WOW! This story was amazing. I love to think that no matter in which circumstance or scenario Buffy and Angel would have met, that they would have ended up together. And you nailed it completely. Great story :)