Reviews for King of Pain
Harry2 chapter 6 . 11/23/2010
This is one story that truly does belong as a masterpiece of yours. It truly is one of the best. The way that it ended, with Christian and Leslie talking with Roarke about what happened was truly a thing to behold. It showed that both Father and Son had things to work out, and that they did. And I think that the Grandchildren will never forget their grandparents on their Father's side of the family.
jtbwriter chapter 6 . 11/23/2010
You're really done it this time-I cried at the end simply for the closure Christian finally got with his father and mother. This is your best story-it really healed some of the angst of both Christian and Leslie. And I wonder how much of the meeting the children will remember? Thanks for a true masterpiece! :)
PDXWiz chapter 6 . 11/22/2010
Heheheh...the triplets have such cute dialogue!

Nice..um...'debriefing' talk with Roarke. LOL

Oh. Rats. It's over. Well, cute summary chapter-short, like the epilogues where the guests would say one more thing, thank Roarke, and say good-bye.

Great story, one of your best! Can't wait to see what happens next...although it will be some time before I get to. Alas...

PDXWiz chapter 5 . 11/21/2010
Cool-talking about Martina! Yes, very nice...

That will be nice to finally get to talk to Lukas, man to man. I'm sure he watches Christian a bit.

Yeah...that's what I thought. Mephi boy got Arnulf, too.

Oh yeah, the day when Christian got sick. That was a scary day.

Hahahahah! I didn't think he knew about Magga!

Wow...Ulf hugged Leslie! And clapsed hands with Christian! Very nice! Dang...he's gone...I'd hoped he could have somehow escaped...

Wonderful connecting between Leslie and Susanna...

Dang...she's gone, too...

Another great chapter...can't wait to see what's next!
PDXWiz chapter 4 . 11/21/2010
Oh, so Susanna didn't know about the plot. Well, this will hurt her love for Ulf a goodly amount. But she'll probably eventually forgive him.

That was great, great dialogue. It felt like a real conversation between these people. Heck, it was. You do so good at making this set of characters *REAL* to me.

One thing that hasn't come up yet, they didn't tell him that Magga isn't straight. Oh, they haven't asked where Arnulf is. Maybe he is down below with his dad?

Really good chapter!

Harry2 chapter 5 . 11/21/2010
All I have to say is that the air has been cleared and then some! The family may be seperated due to Mestastophilies, but at least Christian and the others know that there is something beyond the veil of death. And that is something to take to heart.
Harry2 chapter 4 . 11/21/2010
Well, it looks like Christian has finally gotten the answers that he needed. And some of them were a shock to his parents! I think that the air has finally been cleared up between all involved.
Harry2 chapter 3 . 11/20/2010
I think that when this is all said and done, this story is going to be one of your GREATEST masterpieces! To bring the family together, in such a way, is one for the ages. And I think that your readers are going to agree with me. I can hardly WAIT for the next chapter!
Harry2 chapter 2 . 11/20/2010
LORDS OF LIGHT, KOBOL, JEST AND TIME! *And I do NOT use that expression very often!* Christian, getting answers to that which has been eating him up from both his Mother AND Father! A request by the Fates to Mestatophilies that even HE cannot ignore? This is one story that just shot through the roof! Its going on my favorites list and is one that I HAVE to read to the end!
PDXWiz chapter 3 . 11/20/2010
Oh...this is *HIGHLY* engrossing stuff here! Well-written, indeed!

Disliking Christian at first, but coming around to him in the end. Most interesting. Hating his independent bent... I wish he had changed enough to be nice to Christian.

Ah, Johanna's boy was an overgrown ape, eh? LOL

Well, even as distant as they were, Christian MIGHT have been willing to answer Ulf if he'd asked him about his sexuality. Sarcastically or in heated anger, but Ulf WOULD have wound up knowing the truth... And then Gerhard or Rudolf would have gotten stuck with Marina. But that might have worked out...better, with Rudolf, and then they could have divorced later and still had a chance to meet Louisa and click there.

Hehe...Ulf would like Leslie! Of course he would. Even Arnulf would have!

So much for that 'brilliant idea' of yours, Ulf...

Really well-done dialogue here about the marriages and Count Olaf.

He...isn't so horrible as we thought. Damn, if only he'd bent a little bit...I wish Susanna had softened him up a bit. He could have been a good, good friend to Leslie.

That's right, so close. But she wasn't fully ready yet, either...

Yeah. They know. They all know...

For the rest of the story...the Vikslund mess. And oh boy, will Ulf ever be surprised at the rest of the story. That, and how he treated Christian, are probably why he is Mephi's boy plaything.

Darn good chapter if I do say so myself! Oh, I wish this could get published somehow...it's excellent!

Good stuff, next chapters, please!

PDXWiz chapter 2 . 11/20/2010
I am glad Christian had enough presence of mind to play with the kids and let Ingrid do some other stuff. Amusingly, he's aware he's not really in the right frame of mind to drive or to go to work.

Gosh, I love the triplets...

Good dialog between Roarke and Leslie. Especially intriguing that he was curious why she had never asked him for a fantasy.

Yeah, that garage can do the work, and yes, the postal vehicle goes first.

I keep picturing the postal workers dressed in USPS uniforms, LOL. Well, I imagine they would really wear something more like what the constables of the island wear-the white shirt and short pants or maybe khaki, with the pith helmet. Island services and all, makes sense to me.

Hmm, Mephi boy is here? What's going on?

VERY INTRIGUING! :)

THE FATES? Holy Toledo, Batman!

The time-travel room? Very interesting!

Christian's mom? WOW! Susanna...she must have been watching and saw how troubled Christian and the family were...and requested this.

Cool, they meet at last... and how sweet, Leslie curtsied!

A crown of thorns for penance...makes sense.

I wike you farmor... Oh, so priceless! I love the triplets so much...so precious...thanks for including them in this!

Great question to start with! Did Ulf hate Christian?

Ack! Next chapter! (By the way, this is shaping up to be one of the best stories you've ever written!)

PDXWiz chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
So how easy was it to write? (grin)

Yes, Carl Johan could be a good one to discuss this with. Nice of he and Amalia to hang out a while longer.

It's actually pretty brave to talk about this with his brother.

Darn, I hoped he was going to get somewhere with Carl Johan. They had a good conversation going, with good dialogue.

Ack! He cwash-ed! DUI alert!

Rats...he won't talk to her! Yes, try Carl Johan!

Ack! Whadda cliffhanger...the most tense moment in quite a while! Where's the next chapter? Where's the rest of the story? Good work!

Harry2 chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
I think that Christian is going to be in for something interesting! If Mr. Roarke senses something coming that is unusual, this should be VERY interesting!