Reviews for Toxicant
DorianGray91 chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Wonderful. I'm jumping straight to the next one, absolutely devouring these stories!
Spar Izawesome chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Wow. That's amazing. Your writing is amazing.
That70schick09 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Great story! I loved the insight 3 your an awesome writer
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Aww man that's reeeeeaaaaaaally good! Very cute in an odd sort of way.
lolololabilly chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
The evolution of the toxin from serum to gas plays off of Crane's personality in a way that isn't OBVIOUS but isn't lost amid description, either. You talk about it being months before he got to the gas stage of his toxin, which is JUST what a scientist, let alone Dr. Jonathon Crane, would do. He would text & take notes & examine, making sure that all the variables were either cancelled out or under his control.

His reaction to the toxin was fantastic. I enjoyed the vividness of his hallucination & how, at the end, he reveled in it. However, I feel like before the hallucination starts, around the line "Crane closes his eyes & prepares to die," something isn't quite accurate. I feel like Crane is this absolute narcissist - not so much self-absorbed with his physical appearance, but with his work & his research. How could he just give up like that when there was SO much work to be done? I feel like his anxiety would have intensified in those moments before the hallucination took over - if it felt as if he was dying, Crane (to me) would have been in a panic. What about all his tests? What about all the research & effort he's put into making this serum? I feel like that fear would really be apparent, because that's the ONE THING that gets to Crane - not people or places or little things that others take significance in, but his WORK.

But I enjoyed this story wholeheartedly & I think it's a great piece depicting Crane's reaction to his own toxin.
rowellylovesgryffindor chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Ooooo very nice, now I understand why Crane wears a scarecrow mask
Lorien Urbani chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
I love it when Crane gets a taste of his own medicine.:)

No, but really, I do. And I think you handled it so well.

To begin, I love the way you evolutionize the fear toxin, and with the toxin, you evolutionize Crane. In the first story I read by you, From Whispers to Screams (I hope I got the title right), he used syringes and now he's excelled to gas. I just love how you explore his experimentation. It is natural that Crane should make several experiements before achieving the final product. His experiments are a great way for us to learn about his character and you present him very well.

I can say that you are one of the best Crane authors on this site. I know I've only read two of your stories, but you really get him and don't romanticize him, which I appreciate.

Now, on to the main event - Crane's nightmarish hallucination. Wow, his reaction to the toxin was SO GOOD! I absolutely LOVE the hallucination. It was very vividly described and it scared me, so kudos for that. My favourite part was when the crows ripped through the scarecrow's head, that was wonderful in a delightfully dark way, and the setting - a cornfield - was just perfect.

I think it's great that Crane should fear crows, and that even the image of a scarecrow would feature inside the fear hallucination. I guess he embraced his fear too, but unlike Batman, he intends to unleash it onto others and have fun watching them squirm. He's jsut that way. He's a nasty one, Crane is. That comes across very well.

I love the ending. If something like that happened to a random person, I think they'd avoid bad schemes for the rest of their lives.:) But Crane learns a different lesson - how to make the toxin better, how to SCARE better. That's very in character. Facing his fears so vividly made his stronger, not weaker. With him, it's all about fear, he's obsessed with it, with what he can do with it to others.

"Scarecrow has played an active role in Crane's nightmares for a long time.

And soon, he'll appear in everyone else's nightmares too." - Great, eerie conclusion.

This was a great one-shot.
The Illegible chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
I didn't review this right away because I'm rather swamped as now, but this deserves more feedback! So I'm sneaking something out. :-P

Another phenomenal story. It's very clear you have talent, the whole thing read smoothly, and I loved the imagery. The entire crow attack was so delightfully frightening-actually, I was feeling nervous from the moment he hallucinated the cornfield. The bulge in the Scarecrow's face and hole afterward made an incredibly clear mental image with me, almost like a movie...which I say surprisingly seldom in response to stories in general. Basically, your imagery is kickass.

Also, LOVED the ending with its parallel to Batman. Taking a personal fear and twisting it to be inflicted on others was a brilliant move on your part, and gets major kudos from me. :-D Great job!
Scram chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
this was awesome... is it just a one-shot?