Reviews for Belethil
CosmicEssence chapter 6 . 4/28/2009
Hm that was slightly different to some others that we get on early bonding between Elrond and EStel. This one is good because we see Elrond's torment over it more than anything. The little flashback scenes were also well done...not enough info was given on Elrond's time with Feanor's son's i think. Anyway, the little snippets of Celebrian and Elrond's family were definitely enjoyable reading. You never got around to Gandalf 'talking' to Elrond though! Gilraen's indignity and fire for her son was excellent, her standing up to Elrond after he shouted at Estel was a fav, as was the scene of that dinner and the reactions of everyone else within was a fav.

The only thing, a rather large thing thing, though it probably shouldnt be, is the no spaces between paragraphs. Its one big chunk of writing. That works fine, to an extent in a book, but not so well on a computer screen. You lose your reading place easily from one line to the next and it all appears as quite a strain on the eyes...being so much of a muchness.

My point. This fic needs STRUCTURE. BETTER structure! You might find that you will get a better response overall by changing it. To be honest, i had to copy the words, place them on a word document then space apart the lines and increase the font size just to read the bloody thing! Many readers wont bother with that...but ah it captured my attention and begged to be read...just not as it was.

The ending felt a little 'left hanging' but overall the story was good.
SalanTrong chapter 6 . 5/14/2004
Ok, but I already knew that. I have taken my brother's copy of return of the king captive. And I am forcing my self to read at least half an appendix each night, out loud of course.
Estel Star-Kindler chapter 6 . 3/16/2004
Well, I finally got around to readin git, and that was really brilliant! I loved the scenes between Elrond & Celebbrian - dont suppose u would do any stories between those two?
Loadsa love, Estel x
Estel Star-Kindler chapter 1 . 3/11/2004
This is brilliant, I love the capture of Elrond's emotions! No time to read it all now, so I'll save it for later _
Loadsa love, Estel x
Annungil chapter 6 . 12/29/2003
Wow. That was a really good fic.
I loved the little flashbacks with Elrond and Celebrian, and also Estel calling Elrond "Father" and so forth. You convey emotions really well, I think I teared up a little when Elrond yelled at Aragorn.
And the appearance of Gandalf was just like how it should have been. ;D With him thinking of scolding Elrond, haha, wonderful stuff.
Sphinx chapter 6 . 4/29/2003
you;ve written a very nice story here...sorry i couldnt review for each and every chapter. I like the flashbacks b/w Elrond and Celebrian, it added an angsty touch that I loved. Just one gripe though...I doubt Aragorn would call his mother 'Mom'...just a thought! Otherwise, very well written!
Faerfaen chapter 6 . 4/21/2003
This is great! Is this finished? I hope not!

**~ Dy *~*
Ella chapter 6 . 4/1/2003
please update on your story soon. it is too good for you to stop now. so please update soon
Kimberly chapter 6 . 1/23/2003
please keep going. I like your story so far. please update soon
arabella thorne chapter 6 . 8/18/2002
I thought I had reviewed this earlier.

Let me hasten to make amends!

I love the way you put in memories in the midst of the current story. I love the way you have Elrond assailed by so many emotions and I really love how you've handled Estel/Aragorn...You write exceptionally well and the pacing is excellent as is the dialogue.

I look forward to more of your tales!
annakas chapter 6 . 6/15/2002
Awwww this was such a sweet story and now it has ended *sob* I loved it!
alena chapter 6 . 6/12/2002
Somehow this hurts my heart...Beautiful and evocative. So much loss...
amlugwen chapter 6 . 6/12/2002
loved the story! :-)

loved your way of writing :-)

it's a pity that it is already finished

wanted more ;-)
Nene chapter 6 . 6/12/2002
Aragorn's back! yeah! This is great ending. I love it. The whole story was really great Clio
queenieb chapter 6 . 6/11/2002
Wow, this is a *really* good story. I loved reading about Aragorn as a child- it really reflects how multi-faceted he really was. Little Estel, aaaaawww how cute he must have been! Not to mention the scenes with Elrond and Celebrían...they were, in a word, beautiful. This is going on my favorites list!