Reviews for The Games We Play
Hirami chapter 12 . 7/17/2016
Even when rereading, this still was thrilling and interesting. You portrayed their characters so well, I loved every bit of it. Can only agree with the reviews before me. Well done. 3
Hirami chapter 12 . 3/8/2016
nnggh, that was a nice read. liked it 3 *heart*
Nenya85 chapter 12 . 2/18/2012
I really like the way you’ve written Yami and Seto here, how you’ve kept their rivalry even while having them care about each other, particularly at the end where what is turning Kaiba on is seeing Yami in full Game King mode. But I liked that the story moved from rivalry with benefits to a more open admission that there was caring behind it. I liked how inarticulate they both were at expressing their emotions. You expect that from Kaiba, but people often forget that Yami isn’t any better at it – so I liked the scene where he just asks for a duel disk without explaining, and Kaiba’s recognition that he avoided everyone because of his pride. And I liked how awkward Kaiba is when he tries to reassure Yami by pointing to his own scars, and how what Yami really appreciates is that however awkwardly, Kaiba is doing it for him. I really liked the way you’ve captured the characters.
Epsilon Vega chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
When I found this, I nearly /cried/ with joy.

You understand Yami Yuugi. Out of all the Yu-Gi-Oh fics I've read, he's most like himself in this. Atem is just as reserved as Seto, really. Their personalities shine through their dueling, but Atem almost /never/ speaks directly about himself, let alone how he's feeling. You've the essense of that reservedness, especially in the part where he goes to get a replacement Duel Disk and doesn't (can't?) say anything except to repeat his request. It reminded me of Yami Yuugi's inability to articulate his distress over Kaiba's 'death' during DOMA. He just called his name over and over.

So thank you for writing this, even if you never intend to finish it. It's truly a pleasure to read.
JollyBigSis chapter 12 . 11/26/2010
Ah, what a sweet and yet painful chapter.

I loved the uncertainty and the anguish - it had me on the edge of my seat; wondering if Kaiba was going to screw it up again. I was SO relieved when the latter realised how much he needed to be skillful in negotiating around Atem's fear and how much he needed Atem! It was endearing to see Kaiba capable of such understanding and tenderness in Atem's time of need. It was very heart-warming.

The smut that ensued was HOT, to say the least and I am grateful that Kaiba was able to dispel Atem's apprenhension - to make him momentarily forget his anxiety. Hopefully this will be the beginning of the healing procress, as long as the CEO doesn't decide to be a jerk again.

Thanks for the update!
BitterGrace01 chapter 12 . 11/25/2010
I seriously just love the way you write Kaiba and Atem. Most times it's pretty much exactly how I picture them together. I'm having seriously inconsistent internet right now, so this was such a great thing to come back and find. I feel like I just got an early Christmas present. Great stuff.
kiki2222 chapter 12 . 11/24/2010
nice sex scene lmao
JollyBigSis chapter 11 . 11/23/2010
Wow, your knowledge of the duelling is very impressive!

I loved how Atem was so in character whilst in the throes of his duel. It was breath-takingly beautiful and wonderous to behold.

So my fear of Atem meeting the hooligans were for nought, they were the insignificant trash that they were - never a threat except to bully another in an underhanded way. I was glad that Atem was able to defeat them so effectiively and efficiently.

Kaiba's assistance was exceptionally endearing. He really DOES understand his lover and rival well, doesn't he? It was gratifying to see them work so harmoniously together once more.

Finally, I was very pleased that Atem chose not to allow the culprits to get away with the crimes they committed. In fact, I was thrilled that he made them pay for what he did to them - an eye for an eye, so to speak. Good for him, it's good to have him back; a point, I am sure Kaiba would agree!
JollyBigSis chapter 10 . 11/23/2010
Aha! So the plot thickens and the game is afoot!

I hope the hooligans will get their just desserts though I am a little apprehensive with the consquences of them meeting Atem.

I just hope all will go according to Kaiba's plan - that is they will get their revenge so that when it is over, they can continue to move on... and move forward.
JollyBigSis chapter 9 . 11/23/2010
I loved it!

I love the humour, it offered a little respite in the anguish that have been overwhelming the last few chapters. Even though it was short-lived, it was amusing to see Atem stoned on pain medication and the CEO enjoying his lover's humiliation! The near confession was hilarious. Lol.

The darkness that followed was intense, it almost bordered on creepy at one point. Kaiba's fear was all to evident, indeed I can undersatnd why - Atem's cryptic remarks were indeed becoming very frightening.
JollyBigSis chapter 8 . 11/22/2010
Ah, I promise this will be the last time I'll be spamming your inbox with my reviews... for the day, anyway!

So everything seems to make sense though I still think that Atem not wanting to take his medication was practically a death-wish.

Morever, I am pleased that Kaiba was able to make his rival see some sense even though I wonder how much of the former's unusual show of affection was due to real concern for Atem and how much of it was based on guilt. It makes me dread to think of how Atem will react if he finds out what Kaiba did. I very much hope the King of Games will never learn of the truth.

Since Atem is already forced to display this much vulnerabilty to Kaiba, much to his own dismay, I don't think he will easily forgive the latter if he knows such a demeaning display of weakness was bought about by the said person. It will be an absolute disaster and one that Kaiba might not be able to emerge unscathed.

So I look forward to the next chapter with much anticipation. Please update soon.
JollyBigSis chapter 7 . 11/22/2010
Well, what I can I say?

Atem has as much insufferable pride as the 'mightier-than-thou' Kaiba! I can't believe that he CHOOSES to suffer. In fact, I am stumped as to why he wishes to do that. Surely he's not so depressed over the loss of his deck that he's turned 'emo' on himself?

If that is so, then Kaiba will certainly have his work cut out there: babysitting, thug-hunting and running a company... appears he is being punished already.
JollyBigSis chapter 6 . 11/22/2010
*Bursts into tears*

Bloody hell, what just happened? One minute was all smut and fluff and the next... urgh! The pace you set is frightening; very frightening. But I must confess that it certainly has me enthralled. I am totally hooked!

Witnessing Atem's crushed spirit was heart-breaking, it had me seething at the hooligans who broke the proud duellist and also at Kaiba who had unwittingly made it happen. His only redemption at this point is the decency to feel guilty about it; to acknowledge (to himself, at least) that he was indirectly responsible. His genuine concern and desire to care for his lover can be seen as a way of him atoning for his rash act and it was comforting to see the softer side of him.

Good for him!

I just hope Atem doesn't find out Kaiba's involvement in the matter - it will be very troublesome not to mention painful.
JollyBigSis chapter 5 . 11/22/2010
OH SH*T! That SO did not happen...

That was so brutal! OMG! I am in absolute shock! No wonder you updated so many chapters in one go... I 'd think I'll go insane with the suspense!

Thanks for the updates - you don't know how greatly appreciated they are...
JollyBigSis chapter 4 . 11/22/2010
Ahahaha... Kaiba's EVIL, I tell ya!

This was certainly an amusing chapter. Who would believe a caffine-less and tardy Kaiba would be so vindictive?

Poor Atem, he's going be livid - the courtesy of 'his truly' - maybe it is better the latter isn't planning on showing up at Atem's anytime soon...