Reviews for The Missing Piece
So sweet, loved it!
sillyvamp chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Very sweet. :)
gypsybee09 chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
You are a very talented writer. The descriptive language you use is entrancing. :)
ickaren chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
That is a beautiful and touching story, and certainly deserves more reviews!
annaharding chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
What a sweet Emmett! I work with children with autism, and know how exhausting they can be. This is a wonderful story about a very caring man - thanx!
darkinque chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
This is one of the most beautiful stories that I have ever read. It touched my heart, truly amazing.
Burntcore chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Ah so sweet ... i love Bella and Emmett together. Is what Bella does sort of what you do? Great great submission.
Fliberty chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
This is the most beautiful, understated one shot.

I think there’s a lot you could do with this to expand it into a longer story if you wanted. I’d love to read Bella’s view of Emmett and Jake and their relationship. Not to mention her view of Emmett asking her to stay. I’d also love to read how their relationship develops and how Jake responds to them being together.

I’m impressed by the amount of knowledge about Autism you show in this story. It seems like you either have personal experience of it or have done a great deal of research. It reads like you know this stuff in and out both in how Jake responds to things around him and in how people adapt his habits to help them to approach him. The way Jake’s habits can make life so difficult for Emmett comes through clearly too, as well as his constant fear of not being able to cope and having to put Jake into an institution.

I love the way Emmet adores his brother and how he doesn’t resent him for taking over his life and needing him so much. Emmett’s description of Jake when he is happy or when absorbed by something is beautiful, like Jake is his own child. Emmett doesn’t just take care of him out of obligation, he genuinely loves him feels protective of him.

I adore the way Emmett sees Bella as this precious fragile girl who gives so much of herself to make Jake happy. I loved reading the interaction between Bella and Jake. The way she overcomes her inhibitions for him is just lovely. The fact that Emmett sees them as beautiful on their own but stunning when together says so much. I love that he can’t stop watching them when they are together. The way that Bella helps Emmett as well as Jake wasn’t lost on me. She seems to be the only thing in Emmett’s life that reminds him of the person he used to be.

I loved how Bella met Emmett half-way when he was trying to ask her to stay after work and for a date at the end. These two shy awkward people make so much sense when they are together. I love the scene in the morning after Bella fell asleep in the sofa and Emmet found her in the kitchen with coffee ready. You can see a hint of what they have to look forward to and how they would all function together as a family.

There is so much love and hope in this piece, I really enjoyed it x
HopeStreet chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
I love this so much! I almost want to say that I feel a little bad for Emmett but he doesn't feel bad about his life and treats it as a blessing. So all I can do is admire his strength and positive outlook.
hnwhitlock2000 chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
THis is great! I read it on the contest site...I hope you add to it!