Reviews for Painting Over Cracks
ravenwings52 chapter 1 . 3/31
Oh gosh this is good! You've captured the show perfectly.
Love it...
Creepy, too.
Tardis221B chapter 1 . 2/5
Fantastic! Brilliant use of timey wimey-ness. You are amazing.
Miss Song chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
This is truly, deeply brilliant. The timey-wimeyness just adds to it's brilliance, and the tone you've used- gentle, and a bit mad- really brings the mood to life. You can almost imagine the person speaking, it the sort of voice you use to tell a child a bedtime story. And the last bit, where the narrator is revealed, sent a chill down my spine.
Sorry, I'm just going to do a quick thing...
******
The voice was sweet, gentle almost, and the girl couldn't see where it was coming from. Behind her, she thought, always behind her, no matter where she turned. Sometimes there were blurs at the corner of her vision, like something flashing away before she could catch a glimpse.
The story itself was...well, confusing. The things it said were impossible, of course, but with the locked door and the ivy creeping up the walls and that voice..it was hard to remember what was possible and what wasn't. At first, she had found it hard to see the point, but now things were becoming clearer.
But now the story was drawing to a close.
The voice was still talking. "The Weeping Angels are back. The Lonely Assasins are back. And they want revenge."
The girl bit her lip. Fictional or not, these Angel things sounded awful. But the voice continued.
"And we want revenge."
Her heart stopped.
Now she could feel it, the thing in the room with her. Shrieking, she sprinted for the door, tugging and rattling at the handle, kicking it again and again.
She spun.
And there it was, the angel. Just as she'd imagined it, standing there with a curve of a smile on it's lips. The voice continued, though the mouth did not move.
"When you see the Doctor (and you will see him, I'll make sure of that) give him a message from me, will you? That isn't a question, by the way. It's an order.
Don't bother trying to turn around. We are fast, faster than you can imagine.
It won't do you any good."
The lights clicked off.
blueSKIES247 chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Posting as anon because apparently I already reviewed this before. I was looking through my favorites list and I found this, so I reread it.

It's kind of ominous, isn't it? You end with the Angels stating they want revenge and don't bother turning around it won't do you any good. You published this in November 2010. And then, two years later, the angels take Manhattan.
sittingroundthesamovar chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Hell's bells, this is brilliant and interesting, with just the right amount of horror at the end. Honestly, I don't think anything I could say would do this justice. You're an absolute genius.
Life is a paradox chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
This is marvellous, I take my hat off yo you. And in thanks ?ver85iK3C4bM#/58;98
Biigoh chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
This is horrifying and yes... I can see it.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
This is very well written, and I love how it revealed in the end that it was actually the Angels narrating.
22 chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
An odd mix of tragedy and mindfuck. Verrry nice story.
MaxRide05 chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Oh, that was creepy. I honestly didn't know that that was in the pov of a Weeping Angel until the /very/ end. O.o
blueSKIES247 chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
this. was. amazing. i love your writing.
Silver-Streaked Wings chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
This was/is amazing! Are you sure you won't write anymore DW fics?
LightTheWay333 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
I love this story. It creeped me out and excited me at the same time, like a thriller movie. A WELL-WRITTEN thriller movie (goodness knows how hard they're to find nowadays). Puts a new perspective on the whole Angel thing.
Hijokugei chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Ooooh... that was creepy. Did I get angelficated then?
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
That. Is. Incredible.

I'm impressed by how you kept all the tenses straight. And brought some measure of clarification to an event I'd been wondering about as well. Because for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.