Reviews for Behind The Veil
Termite Tornado chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Another winner, and not to get on your case or anything but you have a number of things unfinished. I love your work, but I only read complete stuff.
beforeskylines chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
How lovely. I really like this piece and how it just lightly skimmed Sam's character and yet dug deep at the same time.

I was going to say more but reading over your reviews I found that the perfect line has already been said- this is like turning on a light in a dark room. Very solid piece, ace job.

Kaya
RabbittyBabbitty chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
As always, this was a brilliant story. Bravo:)
aussiemma chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
My first review for the Bomb... and that's exactly what you are sir, the Bomb.

One-shots without dialogue, oh how amazing they are. What you have written here is a perfectly perfected piece of art. Sam sure is a contradiction of sorts and you've shown this with such eloquence. I am in awe.

Brilliant. Plain brilliant.
Tech-Man chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
That my friend was another work of art. I liked the cadence of the story. It was very well written.
01110011100001111 chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Hello again sir! It's been a minute!

This is yet another great one-shot from you in most of the same ways the others are...but it's quality is unique.

No dialogue? Since when did the king not write dialogue?

It's okay, this piece had no use for it. It's not a story really, it's a character snapshot. The basic structure of it has a gorgeously satisfying quality of symmetry. You spent half of it describing the veils surface, the other half picking it apart. It's eloquent and highly readable for sure, but that was expected. What I like the most is how much I agree with the conclusions you've drawn. Most of these epiphanies about the Sam character are ideas I've had before, but had trouble sifting and sorting through them. I think a lot of us have when pondering her as a character. You sir have succeeded in succintly capturing her inner nature in a tremendous and insightful way.

Never stop with the one-shots man! I always love em.
blurjay63 chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
the oneshot is good. BUT GET BACK TO WAR GAMES now! its to good to not finnish.
Brother Bandit chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
it's so, how do you say it?

...Soulful...
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Heh, Sam is the embodiment of insecurity in more than on way.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
pigwiz chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
This is like turning on a light in a dark room...

Insight into the conundrum. And of course it's brilliant, in many, many ways.

:pig