Reviews for Saltine Crackers
rose-lou chapter 3 . 7/6/2014
Well, I know you wrote this like 4 years ago, and I don't know if you'll ever get this review, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed this story :)
Tanya chapter 3 . 4/4/2014
I LOVED this story! :)
Billie1 chapter 3 . 5/21/2013
Aww, very cute! Nice work
Syfja chapter 3 . 1/18/2013
Love it. Perfect.
emilyhotchner-olicity-bethyl chapter 3 . 11/3/2012
Lol! I love this story! Romance,drama,humor,comfort. All in one! I love it! Sequel please? And write more hotly fic
allthatisevil chapter 3 . 12/27/2010
Hey! I’m sorry it took me forever to review. In my defense, I’m swamped. Holidays suck.

I really, really liked this chapter.

You balanced the awkwardness and the comfort between them very well. And another thing I love is how the sadness of the situation does not paralyze them. How, amongst the sadness, they are still aware of the attraction/love and willing to act on it.

I absolutely love how hard it is for Hotch to just say it. The poor guy. And Prentiss doesn’t make it any easier for him with her obliviousness. That entire scene is perfect. Call me complicated, but I like that when he finally “confesses” how he feels, she doesn’t jump him or says anything back. See? That’s what I meant before. They go from a confession to her desire to have a baby effortlessly. Actually, your writing makes it effortless, natural, real.

“Ugly baby, anyway” broke my heart a bit, I must admit.

On the other hand, “Every time I picture the two of you alone out on a case” cracked me up.

Oh! I almost forgot! This applies to the previous chapters, too. You are awesome for having Hotch talking about Hailey, remembering her and their good times together without wanting to kill himself. It’s great. And he’s telling all these things to Prentiss, showing her parts of his life he never shares with anybody. Awesome.

Finally (because my brain wasn’t working properly already, but now it’s shutting down) I don’t think the end is cheesy! And even if it were, it would have been saved by the “my Ebony Haired Fertility Goddess” (I actually LOLed… or should it be LedOL?)

See you!

allthatisevil chapter 2 . 12/17/2010
I’m loving this. I do realize it’s an odd thing to say since she miscarried, but it’s the truth.

You know? It’s the little details. Hotch grabbing the crackers and Pepsi. Bringing a new bottle while she slept. The fact that she actually stays behind Hotch when they go after the Unsub. The “You’re not nearly as heartless…” that slips before she falls asleep. It’s so subtle. I particularly like how Hotch disposes of the items on the nightstand. And how discreet he is as he comforts her.

"Why are you being so fucking amazing?" She asked before she could control herself. He looked surprised by the outburst but a shadow of a dimple appeared on his face.

"It's because I'm not nearly as heartless as I pretend to be." And she loved him just a little bit more.

"No, you're not."

That’s just perfect. Perfect.

I just like it all, really. As I try to point a thing, three more come up. Honestly.

And “That and because he had a chauvinistic streak that made him a knight in white Kevlar when it came to all women” is soooo Hotch and phrased soooo Prentiss-ish.

See you,

allthatisevil chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Hey, me again, cruising through your CM stories. That came out quite stalkerish… not my intention. Though I will be reviewing each chapter separately.

I truly, truly like this fic. Prentiss’ pregnancy is reasonable (in the sense that she did follow the steps to avoid it, but life is life), as are her reactions. I mean, she’s really in character and under those particular circumstances. I love it. Love it.

I also find Hotch very in character. The way you wrote him reminded me of when he found out JJ was pregnant. It’s not the same, though. With JJ he seemed angry when he was just –I think- a bit disappointed she hadn’t told him sooner. Here, it seems that he is just concerned and wants to make sure she’s fine.

Your descriptions were very brilliant, too. It might come out gross, but the entire vomiting scene in the bathroom… anyone that ever had a bad case of stomach indigestion knows exactly how wonderfully fresh the tiles feel, as well as how exhausting the heaves are. You nailed it.

However, what attracted me the most was how you painted Emily’s state of mind. You wrote her so balanced, so centered in what’s important and yet that underlying constant hyper vigilance when it comes to Hotch, what he does, how he does it, what he might think. Awesome.

“Aside from a slight chauvinistic steak [sooooo accurate], he was everything a woman was looking for in a partner. Well everything she was looking for in a partner. It was just a shame he was her boss and not at all interested in her romantically.” See what I mean? It’s there, you put it there, but it’s not some big dramatic, heartbreaking thing. It’s just “a shame”… Awesome.

See you,

linelm chapter 3 . 12/14/2010
Good story! I like how you write the characters! This story was rather sad, but still really good, and the ending was sweet!
TML9115 chapter 3 . 12/13/2010
I like cheesy...but I miss JJ you should have written her in there just for the hell of it. Great story.
TML9115 chapter 2 . 12/13/2010
That was so freaking sad. But I love this side of Hotch!
TML9115 chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
AWWW I was hoping he stayed! Great chapter.
PrincessHotch chapter 3 . 11/22/2010
This was a great story! I loved it. The loss of the child was tough but what a great and hopeful ending.
cm10 chapter 3 . 11/22/2010
Really great story! Can't wait to read more from you!
livmissy chapter 3 . 11/22/2010
Oh how sweet was hotch through all that! I enjoyed it! Hope there is more coming- not from this story I know but maybe a sequel?