Reviews for This Is Getting to Be Out of Control
88Mary88 chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
This is one of my most favourite stories ever. It is bittersweet and no story described their inevitability better. You describe their closeness that exists even after all this years just amazingly. Wished their would be a sequal *hint* *hint*! Just amazing
FleurdAutomne chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
I am a huge fan of your one-shots and this is another great one! My favorite line: "Call him old fashioned, but he considered a hasty coupling in an alley of a major metropolitan area warranted at least some awkward conversation." I laughed out loud.
TriGemini chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
This was excellent to read. Loved it, a lot.
present.tense chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Ah great oneshot. You used the Mad Men inspiration really well! I loved that scene in Mad Men and it correlates with GG through Chuck and Blair as well, as you have clearly depicted.

Blair and Joan are my ultimate girl-crushes so this was perfection!
ChristinaGGfan chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
.love it:)
JNYC chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Omg! I'm excited for more...
sk280 chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Oh my god! Loved it! Particularly the ending! Ha, I was smirking all the way through reading this! Please tell me you'll wright a sequel or at least another oneshot in the same style, cause that was gold! God, I'm still marveling over it!
thegoodgossipgirl chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
wow. definitely your most dramatic one-chapter fic yet, i'd say. So serious and omg, when they were being held at gunpoint i wouldve killed you if they'd been shot. and then they had so-glad-we're-alive sex up against a wall. It was so effing hot. And so sad that she still ignored him but loved him and he still yearned for her but she wasn't going to relent.

As always, a well-crafted, well-written, hopelessly romatic and dramatic fic. Favourited!

ps. will you do some sort of sequel? Or will it end, you little tease, with us never knowing the outcome (although of course we do)
QueenBee10 chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Loving it
finnlover chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
i love the mugging scene and the scene after!

which show have a "chuck and blair"?
abelard chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Ooooh, a little Mad Men done GG-style, I likee! Nice! I never thought of Roger and Joan as very C&B-esque but the doomed quality of their great love is a good plot to put C&B in. Nice! More, maybe? Like, maybe we get to see C. win their little bet?
Krazy4Spike chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Interesting as a one shot. Would make a great chapter story. Married to other people but still in love with each other. I like the basis of the story, and interaction between Chuck and Gregory would be great. If he isn't cheating, then why is he leaving all the time? He really loves her and can't take that she is really still in love with Chuck. Great job, but so much more to think about, don't you think?
svenjen chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
OMG that was really, really good! Another fantastic one shot... I'd love a second chapter if you could do it!
flipped chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
the last 'repeat' exchange was priceless.
The Very Last Valkyrie chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Holy smoking aces with a hand rolled spliff. That was brilliant - primarily because they did it in public after being mugged and technically divorced at the hand of said mugger (tell me Chuck paid him, and I'll love you forever) and moreover because all the emotions were seething about the place like nobody's business. Holy macaron in a handcart. I think I need to sit down.

Favourite line? 'Call him old fashioned, but he considered a hasty coupling in an alley of a major metropolitan area warranted at least some awkward conversation.'

I really want to say that someday.

So, yes. You continue to be unbelievably talented and serve up endgame, inevitable Chair even after it seems that the game has ended. Chuck married a stupid model, and Blair married a stupid banker: their spouses are a match made in heaven, but not quite as great a one as they are. I'm hoping Chuck now goes downstairs, rips off his shirt and challenges Mr. Blair to trial by combat. If haggis is involved, so much the better.

- B