Reviews for To Bring Him Home
duj chapter 1 . 8/13
I don't understand why the blood is still damp this long after death (It was already evening when Harry woke...). Or was Snape not really dead when Harry and co left him there, and has only just died now?
Beautiful in melancholy.
Lokiwallace chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
Thank you for a wonderful story. I love your use of words and turn of phrase. I felt pathos and elegant understated grief. A quiet keening rather than a banshee wail.
Jessie Deal chapter 1 . 10/2/2015
I deliberately delayed reading this because I was afraid I would cry. And boy did I weep.
Your story is so beautiful that even the tears feel good. Thank you for this.
Alethea27 chapter 1 . 5/21/2015
Beautiful story! It made me cry especially the Centaur's tribute.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2015
Oh, this is wonderful. Every word polished to reflect a fresh light onto canon.
Nightfall Rising chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
So evocative, the common room! I love the suggestion that Tonks's hair isn't rebellious perky!punk, has a homey and loving history.

There's something terribly (not very, not shoddily: terribly) appropriate about the final indignity of allowing Severus to be seen bared by a student, by Harry. That's an "Over my dead body" if ever there was one. It's striking that Minerva's guilt is for Harry's reaction, not over what Severus would have (not not not) wanted. That hurts. But Minerva is a teacher, and grieving is for the living, and, as she notes, it seems to be giving Harry a hard shove in a growing-up direction. Towards being a human adult, not a hero, which is something no one's ever helped him with before.

And an appropriateness he *would* have appreciated about her doing everything herself, mundane and in-touch, getting her hands dirty. No foolish wand-waving in this classroom.
waddiwasiwitch chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
This is beautiful.
bogie88 chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
I loved the Centaur tribute. Very affecting story, thank you.
odogoddess chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Bittersweet and beautiful.
Saramagician chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Wow! It was fantastic! And very sorrowful!
Dark Tidings chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
absolutely utterly POWERFUL language and imagery in this piece. it drew tears to my eyes and made me mourn yet again that Snape led such a tragic life. I'm glad I came across it looking into a "new" pairing for me with SS/MM. Minerva's grief is so varied and heart wrenching, and such detail paid to more than mourning one aspect of the man for her.
FlashFiction chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Very touching! Minerva is the ultimate character, I love her!
Netra chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
You are an amazing writer, that's all I can say
sherlock21b chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
A really lovely and affecting piece of work. So glad to have happened upon this.