Reviews for Much Better Now
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 3/27
This is really cute and really painful.
Moonlight Keeper chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
I'm cooing here at the beauty of this. I always suspected Mai to be the sort because of her rough childhood of no control and not allowed to express emotion. It saddens me to think of it, but it's all better now. There is no drabble quite like a scar drabble, if you get what I'm saying here.
chocolate-bender chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
It's so beautiful I almost cry
Rose-Aki chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
Good story idea. I liked it :)
FictionFiend259 chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
great job, i loved it! i think people go overboard sometimes with ships, but you stayed true to their personalities...i appreciate that.
mangosandpeaches chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
I really like this one; very impressive.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Beautiful and in-character. Loved it :]
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
This is lovely. I like it. :)
Mako's Eyebrows chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
*claps* bravo. i honestly see mai as the type who would cut- she had enough distress in her childhood to have a legitimate reason
artephile chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Mai's self-harm makes me sad, but I love this scene of getting to know each other through their scars - which are sort of like a roadmap of a person's history, don't you think?
Reyka Sivao chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Aw, that was nice! Very in-character for both of them. :)
Fleur du Feu chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
You write Maiko beautifully. This is a truly lovley little one shot.
Chris of the Skazes chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
Simply beautiful, always figured Mai was the type but it still shocked me, nicely done
Lunatique chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
So warm and tender-I like the continuity nod to Three Years, too. The stories told by marks on their bodies, that's pretty powerful stuff. I don't know if I would peg Mai as the self-harming type, but she does have that goth look going and teenagers are effing crazy. I love the warm sensuousness and genuine intimacy this piece fairly exudes. I felt like smacking Zuko for running out the DAY AFTER they'd spent the night; it's perfectly plausible from the events of the original show, and makes a girl wonder how she refrained from murdering the bastard in Boiling Rock. :O The description of their first night in Ba Sing Se had me shivering from the understated intensity of the emotions. Wow. Great stuff.
FairladyZ2005 chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Sweet Maiko. Reminds me a lot of one of my Green Arrow fics I did about scars. I like Sokka and Suki's "forgiveness" and that Mai has a few scars of her own. This really ends on just the right note too.