Reviews for Reading the Books to Save the Future
Shorty412 chapter 1 . 1/20
This is a great intro. I hope you continue even if people are being raging douches :)

First, you haven't done a thing wrong or illegal, you haven't even reached the reading part yet! You're not breaking rules or a thief! For all we know, you weren't even intending to put the entirety of the actual book text in the story, or any of it for that matter.

Second, I'd just like point out that one can use quotes from books IF THEY PROVIDE A DISCLAIMER AND CITE THEIR SOURCES in creative, academic, and even professional writing, so fanfiction writers sure as hell can too! You can always just post the first few sentences of the reading before/after the comments you want your characters to make, similar to learning your cues in a play(Does that make sense?).

Third, If one is reading/writing fanfiction, in all probability they have already read the books, and most likely own them-if they are that dedicated to the fandom to read/write fan fiction. Fan fiction is supposed to be creative, fun, and it is NOT FOR SALE OR PROFIT; people that are trying to stop you from writing what you want is ridiculous. No one is going to say, "Hey, I want to read this book, but I don't have it, so I'm going to go on fanfiction sites and read the text as well as some random person's comments on how said characters would react." Libraries let you read books for free (even joining a library is usually free, at least in the U.S.), so I really don't understand what the big deal is with "reading the books" stories. Furthermore, "watching the series" stories don't get any flack and they are basically the same.

Sorry, ranted there a little bit...

My point is this whole situation is stupid, the entire world is too overly sensitive, and this intro is great. Your story shouldn't be squashed before it's even really started.
kdakmmt chapter 1 . 1/18
yes you should.
A Big Fan of Most Things chapter 2 . 1/8
Hello hpggvm fan4ever:

What you have submitted is not allowed on the site based on their rules. The rule(s) you have broken is quoted below:

»»3. Copying from a previously published work (including musical lyrics) not in the public domain.««

In your case, you have broken rule 3. You have used quotes, descriptions and so on from published works where the license has not expired, therefore, what you are doing is not only breaking the rules on the site, but you are breaking copyrighted laws as well; called Copyright Infringement. You do not have permission from the creator, publishers and others that were involved with the Harry Potter book(s). Adding or putting a disclaimer doesn't work either, as what you are doing is still stealing. Please know that even uploading it on another site, private or not, will still have the material removed and/or the site it is posted on will get into legal etc. trouble. Other sites include but not limited to: Wattpad, AO3, LiveJournal etc.

To make your material compliant with both Fanfiction . net and the law, please remove all of the copyrighted texts from your material and/or remove the story from the site, which might be best, as removing the texts would take too much time.

If you are confused with why your content is illegal due to copyrighted laws, then feel free to visit my profile and fanfiction dot net / topic / 145811 / 106013912 / 1 / CI-and-You-A-Guide-to- Understanding-Copy-Infringement-Work-in-Progress . On my profile, the first site you see there that is not numbered, will give you some information to explain why your material is illegal and why other fanfiction stories are not or why the site is not in general. The second link provided will give additional and thorough information about copyright infringement.

Please know that if I see this story updated again and/or removed and re-uploaded etc., showing any kind of intent of repeating this illegal infraction, I will NOT review a 2nd time, but I will email and send a direct link to your material etc. with proof of malicious intent to her lawyers/legal department (doing it more then once proves malicious intent AKA 'willful infringement'). Please note that what actions they take are their own and that they keep meticulous records of their 'cases' and their actions can be found online sometimes (Example: www . google dot com / transparencyreport / removals / copyright / requests / 1006183 / ; you will see fanfiction . net is listed along with stories that lawyers want removed). Please know that if you upload the material again after removal, anytime in the future, I will have evidence of your past infraction and make them aware of it. Please know that if they take action a second time, it could result in charges or any other legal action(s) they want to take instead, be towards you and/or the site.

Thank you for your time.

Big Fan of Most Things

NOTE 1: I am not part of any groups on this site or anywhere else. If you heard or hear or read elsewhere that I am part of a group or otherwise, it is false. If I do not state it on my profile or substantial evidence is not provided or it was not stated by me personally, it is false until proven otherwise.

NOTE 2: My private messages are off. I will not repeat/argue/debate etc. about this basic and common sense point of copyright infringement. The links I provided are enough to explain it and substantial evidence has been provided of stories of this nature with text from the original source etc. are illegal.

NOTE 3: Others that see this review and know they have this kind of material etc. and you decide to deliberately block me, I will instead report your illegal material immediately and provide proof that blocking me was to avoid being reported (which does not work) and therefore, showing malicious intent to continue the illegal action (AKA 'willful infringement ').
nightwing27 chapter 2 . 1/7
what the use writting this you know the bastards from here will take down once the other idiots report it
branchkk chapter 3 . 1/7
Great chapter and wanted to give you an warning, THEY ARE COMING AFTER THESE SITES ONCE AGAIN, THE READ THE FICTION STORIES ARE BEING HIT HARD AGAIN. Some of the best stories are read the fiction stories and these idiots come after them, the sadistic, egotisical, non-imagitive, killjoys of very humorous responses of characters reading their own lives, some that are just brilliant to read are taken down violently, tossed out, restricted. Boo! Bad of them. Here's hoping you make it past the purge that is going on right now.
FuocoAccigliatoDrago chapter 3 . 1/6
Why is it that people refuse to follow the rules? They are there for a reason. So little thief, you're being reported for abusing the site. Character Read stories fall under the MST category and if you had actually bothered reading the rules, you would know that it was against site rules.

This is why I will always report those who write CR:

CR types are NOT original work, it's just some moron who is copying-and-pasting Rowling's hard earned work, add a couple of their own things, then post as their own work. Sure, Rowling gave permission for fans to use her HP characters, but for ORIGINAL STORIES ONLY. All a CR is, is stolen work.

Writing a CR tells me that you people are not original; that you have little to no imagination of your own so you have to resort to stealing. Also, to me, it means you're a lazy little brat who can't even pick up a pencil and write.

Next time brat, read the rules.

(PS. This was me being polite)
mrs.evyrew chapter 3 . 1/6
I like how you are blending the manipulative Dumbledore with the reading of the books type story. I think it makes it much more entertaining! Keep writing!
Dovahkiin1503 chapter 3 . 1/6
Can't wait for the next update. Though I'm curious about Lily's reactions about the troll incident, the stone and off course the baslisk, just to name a few.
lilly-flower15 chapter 3 . 1/5
great chapter update soon
thedarklordsfavoritedungeonbat chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
this story has potential however there are spelling errors which were copied directly from the books and I have a rule about that... so I am afraid I will not be reading any further - sorry
LuckyCat1 chapter 4 . 12/15/2014
Liking this so far. Can't wait until the first potions class. Hopefully Lily yells at snape and Dumbledore actually does something. I'm glad that you aren't just going to gloss over the fact that lupin abandoned harry. Will the older sirius and lupin know some of Harry's adventures or will they be completely in the dark? Looking forward to the troll. Hopefully people will kind of overlook Ron's words. I mean, he was a kid who was humiliated and lashed out. Not to mention the fact that he grew up with six siblings who would fight right back if he insulted them. He probably thought that Hermione would fight back and understand that he didn't really mean it. In a lot of characters read books that have draco, the people are always on his case every time his younger self does something and they never take into consideration the way he was raised, are your characters going to be like that?
Silverdeaf1977 chapter 4 . 12/15/2014
Awwww, squeak and squeal! That was so awesome and great story I ever read. Me love it! Took my breathe away, why don't ya! I can't believe that Dumbledore block Harry's magic. Please don't stop tying. Keep going and I want to know what happen next chapter, please. Take your time when you are ready. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.
Potterformers chapter 3 . 6/5/2014
never leave a chapter half done.
SilverWolf01 chapter 3 . 2/12/2014
I hope you could post the next chapter! I like this so far.
sabrina-luna-potter chapter 3 . 6/29/2013