Reviews for Some strange race
azerjaban chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Cruel. So cruel.

Thnx for the read!
Merklin chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I like this, and I know what you mean. I haven't actually seen the episode with Adam, yet, but I know what happens. And it just infuriates me. I wonder, "how could John do that?" And I've yet to find a fanfic that really deals with what I think Dean's feelings must have been to my satisfaction. Yours is one of the closer ones. Only closer not because it falls short someway, but because it's not quite what I'm looking for, less about emotion and more about thoughts.

I mean, look at how he reacted to Sammy's desire for normal, look how he treated Dean...and then look at the little family he had on the side.

Sorry, this is just an issue in the show that boils my blood. I tend to throw myself into whatever I enjoy, because otherwise why bother, you know? This is the downside, I suppose.

Anywho, great story.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Heartbreaking view of Dean's nonexistent self esteem. He can picture all sorts of happy endings for others but not himself. Even his dream world conjured by the djinn showed a successful distant Sam while Dean was the alcoholic embarrassment of the family.
moira4eku chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Wow, this is just so thought provoking. Dean's thoughts of how things would have been so different if he didn't survive the Rawhead's attack and electrocution. I don't believe I've ever read this POV before. It is just so tragic and sad. I've never been a big John fan, even in Season 1 he treated his son's callously (especially Dean). As the season's continued you really got the feeling that John was a obsessed son of a ...Thanks again for a great one shot. I'm a huge Dean fan and I believe you are writing him right on.