Reviews for October Swans
alsin chapter 1 . 3/24/2012

Again, i'm crying my heart out _

Isao84 chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Aw! Beautiful story!
mephis1 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
JJ ~ As you know, I read and reviewed this for the competition and have been meaning to re-visit this one-shot again simply because it's a tale that refuses to leave my mind. Why? Because it's about love, tragedy, healing and loss and those kinds of stories always tug at my heartstrings.

A tragedy occurs at the Inn. Over the years, both Bella and Charlie sink into a seemingly lasting sorrow and grief. The Swan Lake Inn also suffers from a loss of business. Years pass as Bella grows into a lonely teenager eventually escaping the town to attend the University of Washington. Tragedy strikes again and Bella is forced to drop out to manage the Inn. On a fateful day, a man walks into the Inn and walks into her life. Transformation occurs, eventually. And healing along with acceptance too.

The story is perfectly told. We move from a time in Bella's childhood to the past where we are given the background to Charlie's, Renee's and Bella's happiness as a family before we are moved forward to the present again. This story of loss, sorrow, grief, anger, healing and love is wonderfully narrated. It has an assured plotting, the characters are well-drawn and the process by which Bella learns to heal again is well-drawn out. Edward, although he remains largely in the background for most of the story, eventually takes a prominent place in this story. A marvellous story. Thank you for writing it.

~ Udo xoxo
KellanCougar chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
You did it again, Jay. You made me cry.

Rach J Cullen
tu67 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
this sucked ass
Mrs.E.A.Cullen-17 chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
My god this was tragic and heart breaking yet beautiful and full of love. This was an amazing and moving stroy. I will forever hold this one close to my heart.

~Emily~~Mrs.E. -17~
MsEm chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
That was so beautiful!
readingmama chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
This story was so touching. I was honored to be a judge and Congrats on your win.
Sunsetwing chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
I loved that story, but I really wish that there was more.

Heartbreaking, but at the same time it was like watching the seasons change.
ileftmyscar chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Well, shit. Here I was thinking that I'd already reviewed this *facepalm*

So...I LOVE this story. It's very poetic, very poignant. The characters are so real, so believable. I love how you portrayed death and coping in this. It truly reads like a verse, and having read many classics (final year Literature student here), I can safely say you are among the VERY BEST in my book.

PS: I am recommending this at the end of the next chapter of my fic 'Avalanche'... :) Great job! And you totally deserved the win.
BabyPups Whitlock chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Hello sweets-

Just wanted to drop a quick note and tell you how very, very much I loved this story. It was painfully beautiful and I read it at least 3 times. Your writing style is so uncommonly lovely. I can honestly say that being in the 2nd place tie with you and the others was the highlight of my fic writing thus far and , in all actuality, I thought my being there was a accident. In any case darlin, I adored this piece and look forward to reading more of your work and that is saying quite a bit as I am about as far from a canon girl as I can get.

Pole dances and panty flashes,

psyche001 chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Simply beautiful
Saren Kol chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Beautiful story! It seems that Renee brought music back afterall. Great job!
BilliCullen chapter 1 . 11/22/2010

Absolutely gorgeous work.
KD-Masen chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Such a great story. You did such an awesome job with your picture prompt. Congratulations!