Reviews for you wished to see this stretch of blue ahead
xsilver-galaxyx chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Aww that so sweet. I loved all the little details and that Edward thinks that he's starting to see Jane.
PhantomPenguin chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Loved it ) Thanks for writing!
Sephaya chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
This was a lot of fun to read. Your language is careful and sustains the mood throughout.

I love this "When he could open his eyes to image again, he wished for her to be the first thing he saw."

I also like the Jane's feeling of playfulness. You see that in the novel in their reconciliation scene and this echoes that nicely. It is also great that Rochester's grimness is alleviated by humour and a willingness to let Jane poke fun at him, very true to the novel characters as well.
Rowen chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
This was so beautiful! I absolutely love it! It was also so satisfying as a post-novel story! You are an amazing writer :)
Mere24 chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
This was a beautiful story. You made something as mundane as dressing, and not for the first time I might add, (because you did, of course) into a beautiful glimpse of their married life.

"Cheer up, old man," she said, a playful timbre to her voice. "There are far worse things in life to be without."

"Of that," he whispered in reply to her words, "I am most acutely aware."

This conversation is so telling, I love that you can write without spelling it out for us. This story takes the reader on a journey, not only through a morning in the life of the Rochester's, but the inner workings of Edward's mind. His hopes, fears, sensations and feelings. At the end, I could picture Jane's pale frame and hoped along with Edward that the dress that she was donning was blue with lace trimmings.

Wonderful Fic, thank you,

Mere
MlleGigi chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
A lovely little vignette - especially since you've succeeded where so many other well-intentioned but careless Jane Eyre fanfic writers have failed, and maintained throughout a use of language that seems appropriate for Bronte's time instead of lapsing into more modern speech. The only critique I might make would be at the end of the eighth paragraph when Rochester dwells on the fact that blindness is a blessing as well as a curse - reversing the order of that sentence somewhat ("There was as much that he didn't care to look upon again as there was of that he wished to see") would bring that point home, whereas the current version of that sentence actually lessens the impact.
cccahill18 chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Very sweet ficlet :) Jane Eyre has always been one of my favorite books!
Saavik13 chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
very well done, in keeping with the tone and language of the original.
Jane Doe chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Poetic and stunning. Your writing is smooth and a joy to read. Thank-you for such a beautiful scene.
Bonbonnett chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Blue is the color of hope.
Arnith87 chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
This was a joy to read. You've kept the characters intact and fleshed out a scene I have always been curious about. It definitely brings a smile upon finishing. Thanks for posting!
call2wrshp chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Brava! What images your writing evokes... Absolutely lovely. I hope there will be more from you soon.
TheBlackSister chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
That was such a lovely piece of art - my congratulations!
Mrs. Lily Snape chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Also awesome!

I love how light and flirty this is. You perfectly wrote his vision starting to come back in stages. And his remembrance of her expresions was a perfect line to continue throughout the story.

Well done!