Reviews for Discarded
TheGuyWhoToldUSo chapter 20 . 5/10
Yeah it had been more than a few years for hiatus... Please can u continue?
Razell chapter 20 . 8/22/2017
But... But Cyborg Noodle still has 2D! And What's-His-Face, that green guy I hate... At least Noodle now knows that 2D didn't betray her, he's just a victim too.

I know I'm playing The Devil's Advocate here, but is dragging Murdoc's soul to Hell really an evil act when he agreed to it in the first place, even if he was lying? A contract is a contract. Sunmoonstars' development as a character has been amazing, you have real talent!

I was surprised it took the pirates so long to recognize the Boogieman, but if he really did take control of the crew of the other ship, then people not on their crew wouldn't likely know him, and I doubt there were many survivors of Cyborg and Evangelist's attack.

Evangelist is quite a piece of work, talking about protecting the innocent while endangering their lives. He (I think Evangelist is female in canon) should have stayed protecting his garbage instead of chasing an enemy who was many miles away and no longer a threat.

Have you read the Gorillaz biography 'Rise of the Ogre'? (It's available online if you search hard enough, and someone on DeviantArt allows people to download their own copy for free, which is where I got my copy.) It ends while Noodle is still missing and the rest of the band has gone their separate ways, but it gives a lot of interesting insight into the band and the way they act and live. The catalyst for their first break-up was that Murdoc was so angry about a failed movie contract that he nearly strangled 2D to death. If Russell hadn't stopped him, he probably would have killed him.

I hope you can get back to this one day, but I can sympathize. I have a story I desperately want to finish, I only have two or three chapters left, but the words won't come, the Muse is gone. I feel bad about it, but I don't want to just throw any old garbage out there, I want to make it good. Writer's Block is The Devil's Tool!
Razell chapter 14 . 8/21/2017
I feel so bad for 2D.

All he wants is to make people happy, and all he ever receives is abuse and cruelty, usually from Murdoc. It hurts me to see Noodle blaming him for leaving her when he's actually in an even worse situation and had no choice at all in anything. He truly misses her and worries about her, even now. Of course, she has no way of knowing that, she just knows she was left behind. But one would think she might consider the fact that a psychotic android actively trying to kill her and take her place might have hijacked the sub. She saw her board the sub with her own eyes. of course, Noodle's not entirely rational at the moment, she's even blaming Russell, even though she knows he wasn't involved in any of this mess.

Cyborg Noodle in this story is actually a lot like Murdoc is/was in canon, using fear, abuse and kidnapping to keep her 'friends' in line. Seeing Murdoc show heartfelt concern for 2D, even going back to try to save him, gives him a little redemption in my eyes, but I still don't really sympathize with him. He still has a long way to go before I can forgive him for the terrible things he's done.

Sunmoonstars is a fascinating character, you've taken an obscure but important part of Gorillaz lore and given him a life of his own. He feels pain, fear, betrayal and, despite himself, he's learning compassion, gratitude, empathy and kindness. The scene where he's trying to sing Noodle to sleep was incredibly sweet, and when he was holding her like a child, comforting her. You're giving me cavities here!

The only reason I'm stopping here is because I have a headache and it's late where I live, I intend to read the rest tomorrow.
Janabeth chapter 20 . 4/1/2014
This is awesome, please keep updating this!
Chainsaw Cake chapter 15 . 9/6/2012
I won't badger you to update - I'll just say that I love this fic a lot, you awesome writer you.
hannahgo chapter 20 . 7/18/2012
It has been almost a year now since you took a break! When are you going to Finnish? Also I really liked your story! I woul never think Murdoc would care for 2D as much as he did! And noodle not getting weirded out with the boogiman/"Sunmoonstars"!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/18/2012
Darn now i want chocolate
mudsjr12 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Now You jumped way to far into the battle you just left me there thinking WTF where where russel and Noodle and i just read the first sentance mabye you should stop christicasing othere people and work more on your story and im not trying to be mean but and your stoy is really good
espertortuga chapter 20 . 5/8/2012
YAAY IT'S RUSSEL! I can't wait to read more! I just love your story so much!
blue-eyed-cow chapter 20 . 12/31/2011
I read all the four chapters I missed on my iphone last night at midnight, fell asleep before I could review, and now here I am! (On my laptop, mind you, because it's tough to leave long reviews on the iphone).

First off: EEEEEEEEEK! So so so good and so so so cute! You illustrated both Boogieman and Noodle's thoughts beautifully, without making them too drawn out. It's funny, when I read fanfics like this I try to imagine them actually happening, like if Jaime Hewlett actually animated it, and in the scenes where it's mostly a whole chapter of Boogie or Noodle just thinking, all I can picture is them just sitting there looking angsty. But anyways! These are all fabulously done. That last chapter really made me shiver during some parts, but now Russel is back and everything is good! (Well, for Noodle and Russel, anyways. I don't know how good things are for Boogie, 2D, or Murdoc). I'm uber excited to see how Sunmoonstars will interact with Russel (and possible Del?)

Oh, and I'm glad you liked my idea for chapter 19, heehee. Ug, I hate that evangelist; I hope that's the end of him!

I know this is on hiatus, but I'll say the classic thing any fan should: update? ;)

So sorry for the lateness,

~blue

Oh, and I almost forgot: if I can make one suggestion, I would say that you might want to change the category to angst and adventure, because that's what it has turned out to be, but you don't have to if you have some particular reason you don't want this as an adventure.
Suki Halleran chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
You Know what don't pay attetion because youre good
sincerely-your-fangirl chapter 19 . 10/16/2011
Wow! This is a great story so far!

I would've never though of Sunmoonstars and Noodle being anymore than enemies (I ship 2D and Noods, so yeah), but I must say that I really enjoy this pair. Their anticts are adorable and your OC's Pelican and Seagull are very well written. I'm eager to see what's also been happening to 2D and the others. You've also managed to make me think that there's something more between Murdoc and 2D, if you catch my drift. ;)

Anywaays, keep up the good work. I can't wait for the next chapter. (:
TsukiUchiha13 chapter 19 . 10/3/2011
Yay forgiveness...i think they could have picked a better evangelist design that thing is just WAY too creepy...and nothing like a evangelist not even a hint of it. Now with the forgiveness out of the way can we please get an update of robo-noodle, Murdoc and 2D please. and Russel who now will now have to look somewhere else since she left the Island...and hopefully Del will talk to him again and stuff.
espertortuga chapter 18 . 9/18/2011
I'm glad this story's still going on strong. Sorry for not reviewing the past few months. I hope the future gets brighter for them despite the conflict.
love-is-free23 chapter 18 . 9/17/2011
Really sweet chapter! I can't wait for the next one! :D