Reviews for Unexpected Circumstances
Honey Jenkins chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
Aw, how sweet! :)

I admit, part of me did want him to have his way with her, if not for medieval canon then just because those repercussions would have been very interesting to see unfold. I'm glad it turned out how it did, of course... however, my curiosity is a dangerous thing.

Wonderful story! 3 chapters in and I'm already hooked!

Furthermore, I approve your use of the word 'modicum.'
browneyeddaisy chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
Loving this!
DeeDreamer chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
I think you did the right thing. And his rationale *does* make sense. But I'd also venture to guess a man like Sir Edward in that day would have been uncommon. ;) GAH! The smirk from the bed? DIED. UNF UNF UNF. xo ~DD
twiloverwithabigimagination chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
haha, i love it so far! can't wait till next chapter!
Angie66 chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
I love your shy Bella and patient Edward ...and can't wait for what will come next for them
mikangst chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
I don't really understand a couple of things with medieval Edward:

-He's rich right so he doesn't need another servant or acquire a 'personal assistant' which doesn't explain why he wants to marry a handmaid

-Did he really give up singlehood and choose to share his life with Isabella just because 1. She 'caught' his eye 2. He wants to get under Aro skin?

I've really been enjoying your stories so far so even though I don't follow Edward's reasoning here, I'm sure you probably will reveal more turns and twists as the story progresses :)
lala43 chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
Imagine this: I am wagging my finger at silly readers, who look at FF for historical accuracy. I think this is sweet and sincere. And really, that is all I ask for at the end of my day. I can't wait to see where you are going with this.
edwardbella91 chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
greatt workkk

cont soon
twigirl3 chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
In actuality, Bella would be 15. (Born in autumn means first winter would be when she was about 6 months old etc.) Awesome story, I saw it rec'd on cafemom (colins_mom) and thought I would check it out. I love it!
janshanr chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
KittyPimms chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
Oh, come on! In Romeo and Juliet, Juliet was 14! Bella has two years on her! And Juliet was celebrating a very different kind of wedding night, if you know what I mean...

Hehehe, anyway, I just found your story today and must say, I'm in love with it! The characters are true to the "time period" and I look forward to watching their characters develop throughout the upcoming chapters!
mllesinistre chapter 3 . 12/8/2010
I love historical fictions so I think it's safe to say that I'll be enjoying this ride.

If were talking medieval canon, I think he should have told Bella to suck it up and fucked her, especially considering his past. It sounds like he's had a lot of experience so I wonder what stopped him from fucking her and especially consummating the marriage. As for his reasons about marrying a handmaid, it was probably a combination of reasons. I think he did it because he was attracted to Bella, which didn't have anything to do with her status. It's just an added benefit that she happens to be handy around the house. Maybe he was feeling the pressure from Aro and Jessica and picked the most attractive woman in sight.

Can't wait to read more!
MsFierceKitten chapter 3 . 12/7/2010
Great chapter!

Im a woman who loves her lemons but I am actually glad Edward stopped things. It was actually a really nice thing for him to do because Bella just wasnt ready. Cant wait to see what happens next!

Cheers :)
GorGirl chapter 3 . 12/7/2010
I think Edward is a very smart man. Making Bella feel safe will pay off in a while. Can't wait for her to meet Alice.
twilightluvr001 chapter 3 . 12/7/2010
OHHH! You did this BEAUTIFULLY! Exactly what you should have done, in my opinion! Bella has to realize the beauty of making love, and overcome her fear of it so that when edward will make love to her, she won't perceive it as anything besides love!
25,066 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,607 1,614 1,615 1,616 1617 1,618 1,619 1,620 1,627 .. Last Next »