Reviews for Unexpected Circumstances
LittleFin chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
i have to admit i like the 'gentlmenly' Edward.
The TwilightTwin chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
great chapter haha love this Edward. please continue!
x-Silly-Caitlin-x chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
Poor Bella, that and Edward's a womanizer. Not uncommon then but still sad.
crookedsmile101 chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
Fuck medieval canon. He did the perfect thing. :) Both while he was frantic with want, about to jump on her and when he read her body language right and slowed down. I needed the first one to make it real in my eyes. I needed the second part, because he was Edward. And again, second part means there will be soooooo fucking much sexual tension. And I adore sexual tension. Unresolved, preferable. :)

Isabella's inner dialogues helped me very much in this chapter. In this story actually. We, fandom people, have some general acceptance or expectations. "You have Edward, ravage her you woman, it's Edward for God's sake"... And if Bella is hesitant for a reason or not as enthusiastic as we'd like, we roll our eyes and say "if only it was me, you'd see how it should be done"... But. There are facts. Their pasts. The time they grow up in. The difference between classes. etc. Following her inner voice helps me to see these and understand her more. Her reasonings. Her fears. Helps me to see where she sees herself in her mind and where she sees Edward. The difference is very prominent. And beyond that, we learned that she never thought of marriage before, forget about being married to a lord. She had no dreams on such matter. No expectations. Expectations prepare us for a time where we have them. But without dreams, we are mostly unprepared. She now has something she never dreamt of. It's all so overwhelming for her. I noticed that it's the first time I'm reading one of your stories (a multichaptered one) from BPOV. I know you like to write EPOVs but I'm glad you decided to give us Bella's for now. As I stated, it helps me to engaged to unaccustomed aspects of the story. So...her inner voice is keeping me company in this strange land called "woman say no to Edward sometimes". :) Keeping me company so much that I find myself saying "yep, I would feel exactly like this, terrifed and lost. Edward or not". Which is wonderful achievement for you as a author in this fandom.

About Edward's reasonings to marry her. I can't say I liked them. They may seem realistic but I believe or I'd like to believe there is more for him. He could find very 'usefull' women if he tried. Both useful and royal. He chose Isabella. For a reason, I believe, we'll learn later. Or not. :)

Lastly, I'd like to say that I have faith in you as a writer. I am willing to have this journey with you, even when I don't understand why you make them do things sometimes. I can wait to understand. You never disappointed before and I can handle a little disappointment if it comes to it. :)

Thank you.
JB30 chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
Great chapter! Very glad Edward stopped or Bella might of had a break down. Poor girl has had a crazy two days! I feel so badly for her that she has no idea what is going on, what Sir Edward is like. I think it was good he mentioned the cooking and cleaning she was going to need to do. These were terms Bella could understand. Looking forward to these two discovering their relationship. Very much enjoying this story!
ash82 chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
I liked that he did not tell her to suck it up, but I hope they don't wait to long. He seems practical. I really like where you are heading so far.
Ginabella59 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Good first chapter and I'm sure I will like this story.
saraamin chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
wow i love this story it is so unpredictable just the preview in the beginning nothing at all of what I expected lol

beanothercullen chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
I think it was pretty perfect. I mean he showed he has some compassion for her, he could have just forced her but he didn't. I feel bad for Bella, she has to be terrified it's all so new and unknown to her. I liked that he tried to reassure her about their future. Eww on having already been with And I think he picked her cause he really did find her attractive, and wants to be with her. I like this story, so far so good. If he had forced her I would have lost some respect. I wasn't surprised about the age, they did everything young then. When he said he liked being called Sir instead because it was earned tells me he's willing to earn Bella's trust...at least I hope so..lol thanks savage.
sheviking chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
Realistic? No. Sweet endearing Edward that modern women will like? Yes.

Hey, it's your story and you should do whatever feels right to you.

I was a little shocked that Edward was the one to take Jessica's virginity and then he wouldn't marry her. That makes him a bit of a cad in my book and hardly a gentleman. But seeing how Jessica's kind of a bitch I can probably overlook it.

I did like his reasons for marrying a handmaid over a noble but I was surprised that Isabella is expected to cook and clean. I mean, don't they have servants for that kind of thing.

The age doesn't bother me one bit. How old is Edward? Somewhere in his twenties? I'm glad he told her to call him Edward but the fact that he likes being called my lord made my pervy side laugh. Yeah, he's a dirty bird alright. And that whole enquiry about her having had her mouth on a man? I'm pretty sure he was NOT referring to a kiss but of course innocent Isabella didn't understand that. ;)

Looking forward to the next chapter. Next week maybe?
mn429 chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
so thank god he stopped. good to know he is not an asshole and considered her feelings and said that she should come to him when she is ready. but his reasoning for choosing her and marrying her is huge BS. he basically wants someone to serve him and not necessary someone he wants to deeply care fore. i seriously hope that changes. Because outside of not forcing her to have sex, he is basically a bastard. and honestly, i know its "those" times, but i can't help but believe that love truly did exist then.
ChocolateLover82 chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
Well, if there's something about Edward is that he's a little bit non medieval canon-y, I mean, he married beneath him, but I'm not sure if that was very common back then...maybe I should google this stuff before saying them, lol. Anyway, it's great that he's at least putting her first now, but I wonder how long will that last (considering her first, not the not bedding her, lol).

NGL, it does look like he was looking for his own personal servant and he doesn't give a crap about that status stuff, so why not marry a handmaid? But then again, if that were really the case, he's would've slept with her now. Maybe he really was taken by her enough to marry her and serve his purposes of sticking it to Aro's butt, LOL. Dunno.

Either way, such an overwhelming night for Bella. Really, what will she do now?
Salix caprea chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
Loved the chapter! It was so realistic with Bella being scared and anxious... and Edward is a really nice guy for not forcing her. And I think his reasons for taking her as a wife actually speak tons about his character... a nobler at this time couldn't hope on a romantic marriage anyway, but he preferred a wife that can take personal care of him as a man than a political union... his motives in the society he's living in are much more personal and romantic than they seem today.

Thank you!
lmb1 chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
I loved this chapter. I hope he is able to get to know Bella who probably has alot more depth that the royals if Jessica is typical. I hope you let him put all her fears to rest about only pleasing him and not enjoying it herself! I love that all your stories are so unique and the characters have different qualities. I am anxious for the next chapter.
Frenzy In Delirium chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
I loved it :) Yet again another great chapter :)
25,054 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,617 1,624 1,625 1,626 1627 1,628 1,629 1,630 1,637 .. Last Next »