Reviews for Hunting by Moonlight
brica chapter 10 . 1/18/2013
The ending is just... so... very... CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

... but just as sad, I guess...
anon chapter 10 . 2/26/2011
nice. i love the cantabile references but you kept referring to her as a "he". I dunno if that was on purpose but cantabile is female.
Mizu Hoseki chapter 10 . 2/5/2011
okay so Lorelei leaves the fixing of the world to Aska and Luna while he turns Van into a fluffy little baby to re-raise into a much happier person?

-thinks about it-

yeah that sounds rather cute and defiantly a different way to go about and do things

Aska will more then likely be very pissed when he finds out what Lorelei did but, meh!

-pokes baby Van's cheeks-

I bet he was an adorable little baby _

I can't wait to see what kinda stuff you throw out there next!

Firehedgehog chapter 10 . 2/3/2011
sniff.. thats one sweet ending
Kyogre chapter 10 . 2/2/2011
! That's... huh. Um. Okay. That's not bad, actually. Probably the sort of ending Luke would have preferred. I didn't see it coming though.

I guess you've seen the extended timeline for Abyss. I guess the thing that surprised me the most was how very, ah, Christ-like Yulia ended up being portrayed (down to the betrayal by an apostle) and how Albert and Sigmund were last names. Go figure.

Congrats on finishing a story
CrimsonLaurana chapter 9 . 1/31/2011
Awesome! I really enjoy reading this story! Please update soon.
Mizu Hoseki chapter 8 . 1/19/2011
-reads note at beginning while nodding with approval-

I fully understand what your getting at with that _

and I'm all for it _

-giggles at Luna-

your right it would have been absolutely wonderful to read about that! kinda wish you had sent Aska off to meet Natalia in Batacul _

-giggles-

it woulda been wonderful _

-pokes Jade a few times-

Yeah I bet you are tickled pink to be on Luna's favorite people list _

-jumps up and down-

I wanna see Luna and Peony interact! it would be wonderful!

-wakes around Luna in his new/old outfit-

definatly a female outfit... but then in many cultures the Moon is refered to as a woman, and I can't think of any at the moment that are considered male... so maybe thats what impacted Namco to make Luna female like every single time that they used her _ makes perfect sense to me!

oh gods I can't wait for the next chapter!

keep up the wonderful work!

Mizu

-walks off to go laugh herself silly for a few hours-
DivineKimia chapter 8 . 1/18/2011
Luna, the fashionable sentience? :lol: I just knew that there were going to be wardrobe changes in this fic. And is that a vaguely Hindu fashion I see going on there with Luna? Good job.
Windraider chapter 8 . 1/18/2011
You my friend have just broken the fourth wall in this chapter.

Since when was people in games able to talk numerically about equpiment status.
Kyogre chapter 7 . 1/10/2011
I can see what you meant about being hijacked by mythology. I'm not into sports though so the whole baseball comparison is over my head...

Aska, huh? I, I think I might have squeed, just a bit. I have a strange fondness for Aska. It's such a cute name, with so many pun possibilities, and it's girly too. Seriously, Lorelei might have a deep voice, but "he" also wears a dress and has a female name too... It all seems like a great set up for some joke, but I can't think of one.

Tear is the only one we didn't get a fun epithet for. Was that intentional? She's got a fancy Hod name, so there's bound to be a meaning there. (Jade as Emperor is... I don't even know what to say.)

Everyone actually kind of comes across as just in shock (except Ion). They're taking this whole thing so calmly, it's like, sure these two are the reincarnations of Sentiences or whatever, why not? Aska? Sure, we'll go with that. Only-hypothesized-so-far spirit of the Seventh Fonon? Nice to meet you, really. I think they passed their weirdness quota for the week. But then, when you're floating in the core of your planet...

Ditching Anise and Ion in the core is a move I think most players wished they could make. Think of all the rescue side quests you can cut out. (And, uh, the whole betrayal thing that so many people hate.)

But, Anise, just what are you going to do with that gold? It's not like there are any stores in the core.

PS: I just realized, but Engeve is spelled with three Es, I think.
Mizu Hoseki chapter 7 . 1/9/2011
oh all this was just so cute -

-coos at the cuteness-

Anise is gonna try and get all kinds of stuff out of Lorelei now that she knows about what he can do ;

at least the guy will get some experience from dealing with that loon XD;

I can't wait to see what happens next and how you plan on kicking Van's butt!

Kyogre chapter 6 . 12/25/2010
Hm, alone on Christmas, I decided read through pretty much the entire Tales of Abyss section on ff dot net, including most of your stories. They're... a bit too weird for me, to be honest, but still very fascinating. The idea that Luke is (kinda like) Lorelei since they're both pure seventh fonon beings with identical frequencies is certainly interesting.

This story is probably one of the my favorites. I have to say, though, Asch being... well, not-evil - it boggles the mind. Still, I think my favorite portrayal here is Tear. Her cuteness proximity thing comes across as endearing. (Must not squee must not squee indeed.)

Stylistically, I find some parts a little hard to follow. You use dialogue a lot, implying action without specifically stating what takes place. That's not bad, but it makes the story a bit hard to read. I often end up having to reread sections to understand what happened.
Mizu Hoseki chapter 6 . 12/24/2010
-squirms in her chair-

oh your evil!

that was a a wonderful and annoying place to put the end of the chapter... cause I really really wanna read what happens next!

those 2 are very good at lying O_O I almost feel bad for Van and his goons... almost ;

Mizu Hoseki chapter 5 . 12/20/2010
sounded like Jade wasn't to thrilled at the end of the chapter at being told what to do XD;

but then this is Jade we're talking about after all, he's a weirdo always _

-lets out a whoop-

Go Guy and being the awesome understanding friend!

But I can't wait to find out what Guy knows about that Cantabile person is... heck, I'm curious about that one too

well see you next chapter _

Icebox Plums chapter 5 . 12/19/2010
Oh wow, this is actually really cool! :D I really like these sorts of character study AU-ish stories. I haven't found any holes, either, which is nice. More? :D