Reviews for A Sweet Mistake
Marskatr chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Dammit, I try to kill all the fangirls PAINFULLY, and really... This just made the Arcade-fangirl faint. _ Why did I read it? I really don't know. I most often try to avoid smut. Does it work? Apparently not. Oh well... Arcade is too adorkable. Nice writing. Especially clarifying it as an experiment, rather than something less plausible. Even if less plausible is still passable... *coughforfangirlscough* _ *nervous idiot laughter* Shut up, inner fangirl...
Cyberweasel89 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Great story. I always thought how much it sucked that Arcade was gay. He's so witty. 3

Oddly enough, this is another story I've read that features Boone, Cass, and Arcade, but no Lily, Raul, or ED-E. Makes me wonder if the fandom has something against super mutants, ghouls, and robots.
Loving-Chakra chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
wonderfully steamy* Great writing style. Waita go Arcade!
Lucidique chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
I really love this story. I'm obsessed with the idea of some deep bond/connection between Arcade and a female Courier, so this was right up my alley. Please keep up the good work! I'm totally smitten with your Arcade. D
sylphstarwind chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
I'm in some agreement with MissPumpkinHead. I don't really hold it against you that you had Arcade sleeping with your character, since you seemed to understand that there were some plausibility issues and you put in certain efforts to negate them. But for me personally, it did make it a bit of a hard read. I also agree about it being hard to tell who's talking in your stories sometimes, especially if you have two different people talking within one paragraph. Though it's no biggie - fairly easy to figure it out. And don't get me wrong. There were parts of this story I absolutely loved, like the use of the "covert bandaging" line and how Arcade was avoiding ogling the Gomorrah boys. I'd never thought about the latter happening, and it's a fun thought now that you've planted it in my mind.

I really hope you don't mind the critical bits of my reviews. I have respect for you and I wish to put it all out there rather than just put "love it" or "this is cool" while ignoring the specific ups and downs. In the end, I'm pleased that you wrote this and I understand that for some, this story could be close to perfection. I hope you continue putting out some sweet New Vegas stuff.
MissPumpkinHead chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Before I say anything else, I just want you to know this is simply my opinion, and I honestly don't mean to offend you with this review.

I really didn't like the fact that Arcade was paired with a female even when he's gay. I read your story anyway because I wanted to see what it was like, but I really just couldn't get into it, given this is technically making Arcade OOC. A thought occurred to me, and it made me laugh a bit- I would've found the pairing realistic if Arcade had been the drunk one, rather than Meara, since people in real life sometimes end up doing things with certain people when they're drunk that they wouldn't normally do. But anyway, as I said, I really don't mean to offend you, just as you said you don't mean to offend anyone by changing Arcade :)

Besides that, I thought you wrote this fic quite nicely. You're obviously a talented author. The only other criticism I have is that perhaps you could use a bit more "Meara/she said" and "Arcade/he said" at the end of some of the dialogue. I got really confused about who was saying what at some points, haha.

So I hope this review doesn't sound as mean or rude as I feel it might. I figure most authors would appreciate as many different views and opinions about their writing as possible, even if they're not all filled with solely praise and compliments. I do apologize if I am wrong, though.

On a final note, I don't think I would mind too much reading something you wrote about Boone :)
InkiBlinkiPinki chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
Awwww! I loved your Arcade ) He's too adorable to not involve in some late night "fun" lol Very entertaining stuff!
TempestHeart chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
Excellent work with this! I think your portrait of Arcade is very good and I love your courier! Would be fun if you'd continued this with the "repeated mistake". :P

Lots of love! 3!
oikg800 chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
woooooo now that some thing i like a female courier with Arcade .. cuz seriously Arcade shouldn't be gay at all but now there all those guy that want to make gay shit with it -..- any ways this one is going on my favorites 3