Reviews for Basketcase
Bones2014 chapter 5 . 5/18
Ahhhh, the happy ending that I yearned for. b&B together. The picture you paint of a hot, wet, panting Booth...oh yeah:) Their coming together at the door...priceless. Fantastic ending to an angsty story. Just the way I like it:)
Bones2014 chapter 4 . 5/18
Their roles reversed. Her walls came down & his went up. How sad is that?
Bones2014 chapter 3 . 5/18
Yeah, that was as hard to watch as the scene outside the Hoover. Watching them hurt each other that much when they both wanted the same thing, but at different times. Never easy with these two. I like your version.
Bones2014 chapter 2 . 5/18
Wow, that was a painful chapter to read. I was never a fan of the Hanbah storyline any way.
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 5/18
I agree. I can take some angst, as long as there's a happy B&B together ending. I'm all about B&B baby:)
Avangeline Spring chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
I love her music. And so many of her songs fit what had been happening in the show at the beginning of season 6.
JMHaughey chapter 5 . 6/23/2011
Love this story!
vampirern chapter 5 . 5/16/2011
That was great! I really enjoyed it.
sunsetdreamer chapter 5 . 5/16/2011
What a coinky-dink; those happen to be some of my favourite things too ;). As I started the chapter, I realized that due to us getting epically sidetracked by the SB songs (that I didn't make up), I never finished guessing. It's a good thing I didn't though, because The Light wasn't anywhere near the front of my brain and it would have been embarrassing to play for forever and not think of it.

This epilogue was perfect. The opening scene with Booth's reflections was my favourite. Brennan has been giving and giving so much of herself, and it was gratifying to see the proverbial lightbulb go off in Booth's head as he added up all the seemingly small gestures that stemmed from the bottom of her large heart.

Favourite passage; "She was finally willing to trust that he loved her for who she really was, and not who he wanted her to be. More importantly, she was finally willing to believe that she was capable of loving him just as much in return. She knew that she could be what he needed and she was ready to let herself need him."

Can Brennan's growth be summed up more prettily? The answer is no. And the image of his steady, sniper efficient hands trembling for her, because of her... it just about brought me to my knees. Strong finish, dude. Well done.
SouthunLady chapter 5 . 5/15/2011
I love how you had him wind up at her house without knowing he was going there, and that you had them both be honest with each other. Their communication sucks.
legggate chapter 5 . 5/15/2011
Very nice. I enjoyed that very much. Thanks for sharing.
Rankor01 chapter 5 . 5/15/2011
A fitting end to this. I think on the show they realized past hurts didn't matter as long as they could be honest with each other and admit their feelings toward each other. The rain bookmarks so many of their important events, and it is a pleasure to see them share in the joy of their newfound experience.

Glad you wrote this. Happy Birthday to you as well.
Biba79 chapter 4 . 5/15/2011
Awww. I feel bad for Bren!

This is when I started to hate Booth in season 6, when he ditched all of them and ask her to lie to everyone.

I'm sure you will fix it, right?

Lovely chapter.
SouthunLady chapter 4 . 5/11/2011
That is so sad. God, how I hate Hannah. I know I say this all the time, but I really do and did hate her. I still have feelings of dread about that situation. And to have to read it all over again is difficult. I do hope you start changing this story soon.
sunsetdreamer chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
I think maybe I'm being punished for not reviewing promptly when you post chapters... I came home from work and the internet was like, "Sorry, you're not worthy of service today." But more tape has been applied to my abused ethernet cable and now we're golden again :)

Again, this is my favourite chapter. For once, it's not only the reader that is mourning the distance between them, it is Booth and Brennan, stuck in this place where they realise how far they've fallen and yet can't see a plausible way to move forward. They're in a different kind of limbo. One that is a hell of a lot more depressing than any of the ones they've been caught in before. I love Booth and Brennan passionately and equally, and regardless of the things she has (wittingly or unwittingly) done to Booth in the past, I will never get any sort of pleasure out of seeing her suffer in the now. People make mistakes. The beauty lies in the fact that they continue loving one another in spite of the mistakes, even when it would be far less painful if they didn't. But the chapter ends before B&B can really think that far ahead and they reach this hopeless stalemate, and it's all so wonderful I could cry. Figuratively speaking, that is :P.