Reviews for Basketcase
Avangeline Spring chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
I love her music. And so many of her songs fit what had been happening in the show at the beginning of season 6.
JMHaughey chapter 5 . 6/23/2011
Love this story!
vampirern chapter 5 . 5/16/2011
That was great! I really enjoyed it.
sunsetdreamer chapter 5 . 5/16/2011
What a coinky-dink; those happen to be some of my favourite things too ;). As I started the chapter, I realized that due to us getting epically sidetracked by the SB songs (that I didn't make up), I never finished guessing. It's a good thing I didn't though, because The Light wasn't anywhere near the front of my brain and it would have been embarrassing to play for forever and not think of it.

This epilogue was perfect. The opening scene with Booth's reflections was my favourite. Brennan has been giving and giving so much of herself, and it was gratifying to see the proverbial lightbulb go off in Booth's head as he added up all the seemingly small gestures that stemmed from the bottom of her large heart.

Favourite passage; "She was finally willing to trust that he loved her for who she really was, and not who he wanted her to be. More importantly, she was finally willing to believe that she was capable of loving him just as much in return. She knew that she could be what he needed and she was ready to let herself need him."

Can Brennan's growth be summed up more prettily? The answer is no. And the image of his steady, sniper efficient hands trembling for her, because of her... it just about brought me to my knees. Strong finish, dude. Well done.
SouthunLady chapter 5 . 5/15/2011
I love how you had him wind up at her house without knowing he was going there, and that you had them both be honest with each other. Their communication sucks.
legggate chapter 5 . 5/15/2011
Very nice. I enjoyed that very much. Thanks for sharing.
Rankor01 chapter 5 . 5/15/2011
A fitting end to this. I think on the show they realized past hurts didn't matter as long as they could be honest with each other and admit their feelings toward each other. The rain bookmarks so many of their important events, and it is a pleasure to see them share in the joy of their newfound experience.

Glad you wrote this. Happy Birthday to you as well.
Biba79 chapter 4 . 5/15/2011
Awww. I feel bad for Bren!

This is when I started to hate Booth in season 6, when he ditched all of them and ask her to lie to everyone.

I'm sure you will fix it, right?

Lovely chapter.
SouthunLady chapter 4 . 5/11/2011
That is so sad. God, how I hate Hannah. I know I say this all the time, but I really do and did hate her. I still have feelings of dread about that situation. And to have to read it all over again is difficult. I do hope you start changing this story soon.
sunsetdreamer chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
I think maybe I'm being punished for not reviewing promptly when you post chapters... I came home from work and the internet was like, "Sorry, you're not worthy of service today." But more tape has been applied to my abused ethernet cable and now we're golden again :)

Again, this is my favourite chapter. For once, it's not only the reader that is mourning the distance between them, it is Booth and Brennan, stuck in this place where they realise how far they've fallen and yet can't see a plausible way to move forward. They're in a different kind of limbo. One that is a hell of a lot more depressing than any of the ones they've been caught in before. I love Booth and Brennan passionately and equally, and regardless of the things she has (wittingly or unwittingly) done to Booth in the past, I will never get any sort of pleasure out of seeing her suffer in the now. People make mistakes. The beauty lies in the fact that they continue loving one another in spite of the mistakes, even when it would be far less painful if they didn't. But the chapter ends before B&B can really think that far ahead and they reach this hopeless stalemate, and it's all so wonderful I could cry. Figuratively speaking, that is :P.
Cartoon Dragon chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
This was very good, great even. But man oh man do you ever need to hurry up and get rid of Hannah and get these two back on track. FF is my only hope. I gave up on HH a long time ago. Thanks for sharing.
inactiveuser103939101303129 chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
Wow! And I feel so bad for Brennan... What's the name of that song? Is it by Sara Bareilles? Probably.
BrennanBooth chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
This is a great chapter.

I loved.

Please, update soon.
Rankor01 chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
Great chapter. Glad Cam did talk to him.

I will call BS on Brennan for one thing...she offered to lie for him, so I feel no sympathy for her there. In fact, the whole episode was a farrago of lies. Angela being a notable example. And Brennan has lied to him repeatedly too, just like Booth has.

I felt Booth was wrong here, but I never blamed him for Hannah. The squints are good friends, but also fair weather friends a lot of times. Part of that is his doing, as he doesn't open up...but the squints can be a self absorbed bunch.

If Booth should apologize for lying, Brennan should for getting right in the way and confessing. She rejected him, didn't contact him in Maluku, and then said she only stayed out of obligation for the team. And then she wanted more? I don't blame Booth a whit for ignoring her. It may have been healthy for her, but it was fundamentally selfish and something Booth, as bad as he acted toward her dates, never tried to do. And him shutting her out is nothing she didn't do when it got too intense as well. Booth isn't acting noble here, but She needs to get over her outraged indignity and take ownership of her actions too. She and squints are so indifferent to his needs that it is no wonder he avoids them all. Why is it Angela's business and why does she have the right to tell Brennan to interfere, what a narcissist.

I am liking where you are going with this, but I don't care for Brennan all that much. She's reaping what she spent long years sowing. Booth is also acting badly, but I don't blame him for taking her crushing no, and her reprehensible behavior after the 100th and in breaking off contact as meaning she rejected him in every way possible.
Some1tookmyname chapter 4 . 5/10/2011
Sooo good! I look forward to more.