Reviews for A Selfish Dreamer
angel chapter 20 . 1/29
i wish you had warned for character death and abuse bc as someone with experience with both of these things i was super un-prepared for it and wasnt able to enjoy it at all.
Ashlielle chapter 20 . 1/14
Can I take a few seconds to absolutely hate this? ... *takes a few deep breaths* ... *flips a table* HOW COULD YOU?! My face is all sticky now and it's your fault! Darn it! I stayed up until two thirty in the morning so I could bawl my eyes out! T-T
But I have to admit, this was a good story. This is the first time I've ACTUALLY cried while reading something in a long time, and the first time I've cried so MUCH in an even longer time. I'm upset with how bitter the ending felt, but I'm happy I got to read such a good story, so I pat you on the back for your amazing writing skills. *pats you on the back... and then runs away crying with a snotty tissue on my face*
cixisuicideroom chapter 4 . 9/9/2015
I'm glad that you're taking things slow, and taking your time building up a relationship between Zoro and Sanji. I like it when things go slowly when it comes to romance and just building a relationship in general, it seems a lot more realistic and believable. It's also a great way of building up tension, so when something does happen involving their relationship it seems a lot more exciting. I'm loving this story so far, and I think you're doing a great job at portraying the emotions of Sanji and Zoro based on the emotional story line while still keeping them in character. The only con I've noticed thus far, is that there are quite a few spelling mistakes here and there. Other than that, I think it's awesome. I have a feeling I'm going to binge read this until I finish all the chapters.
heartpiratesanji chapter 20 . 2/17/2015
I cried so hard at the end. This was fantastically done. The ending was bittersweet. I'm still crying. Bravo. :')
adorkableseyton chapter 20 . 6/29/2014
I didn't expect Sanji to die... I cried so much... as much as when Ace died... I feel horrible...
Guest chapter 20 . 5/25/2014
This story was amazing. Probably my favorite ive ever read.
DoritoCloud chapter 20 . 5/21/2014
Those last two chapters were hard to read, but they were very good. All I can say is...communication is important. Also, Zoro should have known better.
DoritoCloud chapter 4 . 5/18/2014
I love it so far. It could do with editing, but I understand it if your process is to just get it written and not get hung up on the details.
SoiArt chapter 20 . 5/10/2014
Thank you completely destroying my feels.. God why I'm crying my eyes out. It was such a good story and yet I'm soo angry. *Ugly sobbing* I just can't stop crying...
Alexandra1114 chapter 20 . 5/3/2014
I tried really hard not to cry but I ended up crying even twice
It's so perfect so sad so affecting thank you so much for giving us the chance to read this fanfic and not keeping it to yourself thank you thank you thank you
Uftaki chapter 20 . 4/28/2014
Aigh... this last chapter. Zoro struggling to live on, with the sorrow and the guilt he feels. ;_; His life will never be the same. He didn't even manage to see Sanji one last time, after the plug was pulled. That just twists the knife. -_- For him to feel he deserves no forgiveness... An understandable feeling, from his point of view, but heartbreaking, still. His refusal to look at the body, too... understandable. To see Sanji like that would be almost fake, unreal. I do have to say that you write Zoro's anguish here so well... His conflict as to how he should feel, the questioning of guilt, of just what he -was- to Sanji, how valid his feelings are, how valid everyone else's feelings are... So very complicated, and so very real. Thank you, Luffy... for being there to reach out to Zoro. For the others, too... But those LAST LINES... of Zoro asking Sanji what he's to do now... RIGHT IN THE FEELS! RIGHT IN THE HEART! Oh... MAN! Are you ever good at pulling the heartbreak out of people! ;A; Oh, Zoro... T_T [sobs] This whole story... so deep, so powerful, so sad, so heartbreaking... so _real_ and painful and just... gah! I don't have the words. This was a -very- powerful and emotional story. As you said in your author's note... things -will- eventually get better... but it'll take a long time. It'll take years of healing, before these aches will dull.
Uftaki chapter 19 . 4/28/2014
T_T Oh god... I'm tearing up here. Sobbing. This is so sad. Sanji... Sanji didn't make it. ;_; His spiraling descent... the _emotions_ he struggled through, felt, fought with... In this chapter -alone-, so carefully crafted, to feel all his anguish and stuggle... Ahh! The sadness of it all! ;_; For Sanji to finally feel a bit of warmth, of happiness, almost? Even? To say what he wanted to, to Zoro, at the end... even if it was a -dream- Zoro. But... AAHHHH GODS. The -real- Zoro! D: Oh my god the _heartbreak_ he must feel! The GUILT! T_T [Just sobs brokenly.] Such a heavy, heart-wrenching tale. It just... HITS you, right in the gut and in the heart and... it's powerful. It's emotional and it's powerful. Sanji... Zoro... ;_;
ecstasasaur chapter 20 . 4/28/2014
i have been reading this story since you posted the first chapter and i always been kind of scared to leave a review. but now, i want to tell you that this is a great story and the ending made me cry. i really do appriciate you for making this.
maychewn chapter 20 . 4/23/2014
mm it be really hard to write this review, i just know it.
i really really love this story, and your writing so much! and the way you choose to Describe things. like i said before - you success in bringing this characters to life. it's not an easy task, but you bring them to real life and real Situations.
so from one side, i adore you! you an amazing and special writer.
and i know that this ending is Realistic. and i know that not everyone have a happy ending.
but still, the three last ch really make me Depressed. and i don't want to fell this way, case zoro really try his bast.
from the other end - i feel that my unreasonable side refuses to accept this end. even if all born to die someday, i think that we still can do things and have things that we can do until then that can change everything. like zoro did changes for sanji. so in my mind sanji in a come for a month, and then wake up and come back to zoro and his friends. and his dreams stop Completely. that the side of me that refuse to this end, even if i read the last chapter. so i wanted to apologize for that.
Overall, I liked the story a lot, but I don't really think that tragedy necessarily symbolizes life. and i can't really see how it symbolizes life. life it just life, hard and good. Funny and weird, and sometimes really bad. but always can change. somehow.
thank you soo much for a great writing, plot you - amazing writer. please write more.
crystalbluefox chapter 20 . 4/23/2014
I have been facing death so many times in my life, so many that I cared for died. And my uncle. My poor poor uncle who ended his own by the end of a rope, because he missed his sister do much. Gramps, their father, kave been walking in a depression in many years and I have been close to give up my self sometimes before, to be honest.
I was so much hoping for to read a story in this calliber to end happily, to see that things like this can end happily. I really hoped, but with the ending you gave it, so much I loved this story, it only re-opened those old painful wounds again.
I love your writing, i once did love this story, but this one hurt way too much.

Hat wasnt fair done to Sanji. He could have lived, he could've been saved... or does this story go deeper as to tell about a person you once knew?

I'm crying now... i promised myself not to shed more tears since life and death have stolen too many from me.
Remember that you are a great writer, but please, the next time give a louder warning about this can happen or rather; please write a happy ending.
Crystalbluefox