Reviews for By the Fires of Camelot
Guest chapter 8 . 2/20/2014
Is there anyway you can spell bowl bowl not bowel ... The mental image of a container is much more pleasant than that of the large intestine... Great story though
Goeno chapter 12 . 12/24/2013
Okay. I hate your guts. Guess I have to read the sequel now.
AdriftUponASeaOfTime chapter 12 . 7/15/2013
Amazing Fic, I am now going to read part 2.
Phoebstar989
FandomFreak224 chapter 13 . 10/4/2012
I enjoyed the fic although it had me absolutely horrified at the end. D: I couldn't read what Uther was saying without practically exploding inside. XD
I kinda thought Arthur should've lost his temper a lot more with his father. He just seemed so... Cool and collected. Arthur can be like that at times but there's a certain point when someone just can't take it anymore, especially Arthur, and that should've been when he exploded. But maybe not. I know I would have though. :D omg I wanted to cut Uther's head off. A fanfic has never made me feel that way... Be proud!
Why does everyone have to beat up Merlin? I guess it's just something we enjoy, which is a little creepy when when you think about it. Ah, well, we all love a good angst story. I thought it was rather ridiculous that Merlin wouldn't escape. He's helped people get out of the dungeons before, right? So why couldn't he do it himself? I read a fanfic where Merlin was put in the dungeons, and the reason he couldn't use magic there was because of the "anti magic" shackles put on him. Or maybe you could put in like a anti magic cell or something, I don't know. It would require some major changes to your story though, which is never fun. It seems weird that Uther would be able to hold sorcerers captive and not even be able to restrain them somehow. I know this wasn't mentioned in the show but it does seem a little important.
Overall, great story, it was worth reading! :D you are an amazing author! I might give the sequel a try but maybe not. We'll see.
Until next time!
Starburst
Amethyst M chapter 5 . 8/27/2012
Very good so far.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/2/2012
wow
Guest chapter 13 . 7/1/2012
I would say this is a sort of back story chapter and summary not an authors note chapter. :) looking forward to the sequel.
Merlinfanatic77 chapter 13 . 6/30/2012
Thanks! This is really helpful! :D MF
musicnlyrics chapter 13 . 6/29/2012
You are the first author that has provided the readers with a full appendix of the story, so thank you. It is, really, very helpful. :)
powerfulWarlock chapter 13 . 6/29/2012
loved this one!
readernurse chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
Just found this, and I love it so far. The line 'he was dead, he just hadn't died yet.' was so good!

Off to finish the story now...
Cynder713 chapter 12 . 6/25/2012
Oh my god this story was amazing. The dungeon scenes were great, a perfect mix of humor and angst, and that ending! I NEED to read more! Please post the sequel soon! I need to know what happens next!
Megwar chapter 12 . 6/22/2012
Wow. Just wow. Your story totally captured me, I read it in one go... und was slightly (or not so slightly) destroyed by the end chapter. I

I had to wonder, though, if those guards are robots or something, since they are the only people listening to Uther xD
MamzelleHermy chapter 12 . 6/21/2012
Oh god that was horrible (and all the more with the music I'm currently listening!). I can't wait for the sequel!
IsadoraKayStone chapter 12 . 6/20/2012
I've loved this story and am looking forward to the sequel.