Reviews for By the light of the moon
Leandril chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
I loved 'Blink' but I must say this sequel steered in a totally different direction, one I couldn't fully embrace and enjoy. This whole ancient civilisation supernatural plot line felt a bit too much. That said, your writing skills are top-notch, as always, and you never fail in the characterization department, which is the most important thing for me in every DE fic.
sharpie78 chapter 8 . 7/22/2013
This story and Blink were awesome! I hope you've written a lot more so I can read it all! I liked the quick pace of the stories. I love a really long one, but sometimes these relatively short ones are perfect.
Doppelicious64 chapter 8 . 5/25/2013
This story was amazing! The entire story was so believable I loved it so much
zeva917 chapter 8 . 4/2/2013
Wonderful conclusion to the Blink/BtLotM saga. Riveting and highly original storyline!
MrsSinger chapter 6 . 8/23/2012
Wow. A tight supernatural epic!
kattafre6611 chapter 8 . 4/13/2012
Whoa, I'm blown away!

This is one of the most amazing stories I read so far, and I read a lot.

I finished 'Blink' late last night and was too tired to review, and then I just wanted to have a brief look at this one, but I got so captured that I couldn't stop reading. And I admit, when I read about Katherine talking of becoming human in the end of Blink, I almost hadn't started reading, because I usually don't like fics with this thing. But then I thought that this story might be worth the little flaw, and then it turned out to be no flaw at all, because you did it in such an awesome way that I loved it. It's the most, um, natural way imaginable (forgetting briefly that we're talking about vampires here...:-) ), and I don't refer to the whole myths stuff, but to the way Stefan and particularly Damon coped with it.

I absolutely adored what you did with Damon here. The heroic anti-hero, stepping in for the greater good out of love and simply because he can't avoid it is fantastically caught. I think it's only consequent that his life is spared in the end, and I find it very believable that for him, it's the price he has to pay that he's turned human again, something he always misses but would never decide to do if he had the choice (I think...). To write him as being not only happy about it seems very realistic to me. I loved the light shed on the brothers, and it was written spot-on too. The graveyard scene at Stefan's funural was absoluteley breathtaking and heartbreaking, it made me cry, something that rarely happens with fics. And I loved Stefan's last appearance, the possibility for both to say good bye.

The myths were brilliant. I guess it didn't hurt to read it in one go, it's complicated and surely not easy to keep track all the time if you read it in posting schedule, but it's still brilliant.

Truly an amazing, a brilliant story with an awesome ending! Thank you for sharing it! :-)
Weaving a Tangled Web chapter 8 . 10/21/2011
Beautiful story. I read the first story & I just finished this sequel.

This was incredibly beautiful & my heart was overwhelmed with emotion at times during the story, mostly during Katherine and Stefan's deaths.

Once again, heart-warming story! :)
pwrmom2 chapter 8 . 9/15/2011
This was a fabulous series. Great job. You are a talented story teller
my 2 guys chapter 8 . 5/27/2011
that was good keep it up
AussieElle chapter 8 . 3/12/2011
Awesome story!
shadowfaxangel chapter 8 . 3/2/2011
That was an incredible story. Completely entrancing. You did such an amazing and thorough job with the legends, myths and backstory. Very different from the last one, this was more your own...at times I felt like I was reading an original fiction, not Vampire Diaries. Very well done. Have you considered writing your own series?
rosepetals186 chapter 7 . 2/28/2011
I read Blink yesterday and this story today, and I have to say that Blink on it's own was absolutely amazing, exceptionally riveting. It was an interesting take on what could happen. This sequel though, did confuse me greatly at times, you are a fantastic writer but it seems like you had so much you wanted to put in about the "prophecy" that it became a little overwhelming and hard for the reader to follow, just my honest opinion. This doesn't mean that I didnt enjoy both stories, I found both to be exceptionally well fleshed out and interesting. Also, the ending was a great twist, who knew Damon would end up human? All in all, I happily await your next story.
MistressDrusilla1860 chapter 8 . 2/1/2011
wow that was jus mind blowing great job i was blown away

mel
elvalove chapter 8 . 1/26/2011
I liked the sirst story much better. This story was good but I never cared for vampires being turned back to being human. It always seems like a waste of the vampire lore. But other than that it was a good story.
MUSICFOODANDFLORAL chapter 8 . 1/19/2011
woderful ending to a great story :)