Reviews for chasing sanity
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
I liked the quick pacing on this while still providing bits of character detail. It had a nice layout. I always kind of felt like Jet was a forerunner for Azula with his ability to manipulate people and kind of wondered how things would go between them. So she respects the person who can best her, that's a very Eastern perspective (although it's not exclusive to the region). He also seems kind of insane to her, so she apparently identifies with him, I like how you concisely sum up what she sees in him. "...and she might have loved their leader Jet like she loves herself." Very good line, it get to the crux of the matter very nicely that Jet has all the qualities she admires in herself (and shows some interesting self-centered-ness with how she describes it). Thought provoking little short, good work.
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Really good, any chance of more?
theMidnight.Rainfall chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
This was beautifully written. I loved the simplicity of the story, even though it gives the basis for something that could become more complex.

I, for one, adore Jetzula despite all of its crack-y-ness and always manage to become highly disappointed that there isn't enough love for them in the fandom. Silly me.
Static Lull chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I thought I reviewed this ages ago. Well, then. ._.

Actually, I really kind of adored the cracky-ness of the pairing, because Jet and Azula have so many similarities if you think about it, which is just a touch unsettling and kinda makes me want to laugh a little, too. Yeahhhhhhh.

Anyway, I generally only really, really love alternate universes when they're explored super, super thoroughly or when they're set in entirely different universes altogether. Which, I guess means I'm trying to say, they aren't always my cup of tea (in this fandom anyway, I could totally consume KHfandom AUs all day erreeday, forsrs), but this is very well done, and I really rather liked it.

And even though Azula ships are (as I think I've mentioned before) kind of hard for me to swallow, I absolutely fall to fangirly pieces when they're managed well, and I think this is one of those or at the very, very least definitely has the potential to be.

Again, I love your description in here. And the ending was unexpected, but interesting.
Lucy Ash Hawthorne chapter 1 . 11/23/2010