Reviews for The Path Forward
DarkLeia chapter 7 . 5/2/2013
Read as per your instruction on your blog, lol. However, I read the whole thing, not just one chapter. ;) really enjoyed it. I will most definitely be re-reading again at some point.
Kat0510 chapter 7 . 10/8/2012
LOVED IT!
Nataleia chapter 7 . 6/22/2011
Eee!

I completely loved this story, I'm now using it to replace The Courtship in my head, as I've tried to block it out of my mind since I read it.

Awesome!
Lily Skywalker chapter 7 . 2/4/2011
I love this story in total! 3 I kinda like that Leia doesn't want to have babies yet... But I would love her to get them later anyway, one good thing about the EU books! ;D It's much more realistic her maybe being afraid of producing new Vaders than naming her baby ANAKIN! Naming her baby after the only person in the world she's not forgiving!

It sounded very realistic how Han as the more mature of the two men in her life, lets her face her issues in her own way and timing. And Luke, as the more naiive one, pushing her in his impatient way.

That was very good point from Leia when she wondered if Luke has dealed with those father issues etc at all! :D

I love them having the wedding in the Kashyyk, not in the Coruscant! 3
Zyra M chapter 7 . 12/1/2010
Ok another review for the last two chapters. For the discussion about children, that must've been very difficult and definitely more than slightly heartbreaking for Han. While I do think it is something he would want and if it never happened it would always be in the back of his mind, I can also definitely see him being willing to put that aside if it's not what Leia wants. Would it be hard for him? Sure. But I don't think it would be harder for him than living without her. So while you did a great job of showing the tough decision it was, I do think that's how he would've reacted. But I'm glad that he still held onto some hope.

As for the wedding, well, it's nice to see them so obviously completely content in this moment. I love her confessions of which nicknames she does and doesn't like. And their arguments of who gets to be considered the lucky one. And I love it when Leia tells him she's relieved to know he's never made love to a married woman ;) And I'm sure that Han appreciates it when Leia really takes charge like that. Great job, loved this story!
Zyra M chapter 5 . 12/1/2010
I was going to try and review this all in one, but I don't think I can. So I'll start here. First, I like that while her relationship with Han is obviously strong, Leia still has a LOT to work out here. And I think you've struck a good balance of her not wanting to bring things up and Han wanting to help her through it but knowing there isn't much he can do.

I absolutely LOVE the proposal. I know you were worried about doing it justice, but I think you absolutely did. I love that she kneels down with him and I love how she answers. It seems apparent that he is the one thing in her life she IS sure of. I also love that she doesn't care about having a big, fancy wedding. That is how I always pictured her reacting as well. I don't think she ever aspired to be a spectacle for other people. I also thought it was very sweet that he was nervous about hearing her response. Great job!
suezahn chapter 5 . 11/30/2010
I'd like to apologize and amend my earlier review of Chapter 6. I'd misread and thought they were already married. That's what I get for reading something new at 2 am. While I still think this is an extremely sentitive topic, at least my faith in this Leia has been restored. ;) Carry on...
ILDV chapter 7 . 11/30/2010
Good.
ILDV chapter 4 . 11/30/2010
GOOD.
suezahn chapter 6 . 11/29/2010
A powerful and potentially controvertial chapter here. It went in a direction I wasn't anticipating. I think you handled Han's emotions well, and I'm glad you're exploring the topic - I can easily believe Leia would have qualms about producing mini-Jedis, and that they might even disagree on this topic. My only issue is with her TIMING. Why would Leia chose to drop this particular bomb the day AFTER they're married? I mean, not only is this the sort of issue that can easily break up any relationship, but it's one that will absolutely affect him, whereas the other things like whether or not she wants to be a Jedi herself wouldn't. By waiting until they're already married, she's effectively nullified his opinion in the matter before he even knew it might be an issue, which strikes me as bordering on manipulative, you know? Because what choice does he have now?

Yikes. Okay, I'll admit that this struck close to home for me because I've seen it happen and I've had to let more than one nice guy go because he wanted kids and I didn't. In fact, it's a make-or-break decision because I also want to avoid that whole "maybe you'll change your mind later" pressure that's bound to come because he's still holding out hope. Heck, even in here you wrote that Han isn't TOTALLY onboard. It might seem romantic in here because we "know" and love these characters and make sure they get happy endings, but in real life it makes my hair stand on end. Now, I can also imagine that Leia might be afraid to mention it because she's afraid he WILL walk...but as I said, to wait until they're already married to drop the bomb just seems cruel. ::sigh::
bkwrm chapter 6 . 11/29/2010
Well, this chapter just broke my heart. If it weren't for the fact that I know Leia will change her mind eventually, I'd be in tears. I'd like to see how you write her change of heart, if you do.
Hididdlyho chapter 5 . 11/28/2010
Awww, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now :)

Wonderful, again. You write Han and Leia so well, and I'm glad to have stumbled upon your stuff. I went through your other stories and I'm in love with the way they progress and the overall style. I look forward to what you come up with in the future. Smile, you have a fan! :P
NYC FTW chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
I'm liking this very much. It's interesting to read about Leia really struggling with these issues, instead of just being like, "Let's name the baby Anakin!"

Poor Han, I feel like you're setting him up to get his hopes (temporarily?) dashed.

Can't wait for more!