Reviews for Fear is the Heart of Love
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Eileen married a man just like her father, apparently.

And she failed to protect her son or herself.

Why would Severus believe she loved him, when she left him to be victimized by Tobias' actions and her own inaction?

But then, he was victimized all his life; his childhood merely set him up for it.

After all, the Greater Good (and its leader) was far more important than any horrid little pawns that needed to be sacrificed.

What kind of love is it that leaves a child so defenseless to evil?
1me-me1 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Brilliant. It is rare to fine such gems and I am happy to find it. The story is very realistic that many can relate to. I wished in the HP books they had put something like this in it. I am also horrified that not many people review this marvelous piece of work.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
This is a magnificent one-shot. The characterization of Eileen Prince is very creative and, most importantly, very *real*. She has her strengths and her flaws, and she seems very human. All of her actions seem reasonable, as do her reactions to what happens in her life (e.g. feeling that she deserves the punishment of turning her husband to drinking), and I like that she did/does love Tobias, because people do still love the person who is abusing them, sadly. I also like the irony that she her father drank and she wanted to avoid it, but she ended up being married to an alcoholic herself. I also liked the line: "My mother, I think, knew why I had done what I had – and had given me all her life savings, the ones I knew she had saved up in order to get away from my father." Anyways, great one-shot!

I also wanted to say thanks for favoriting on my Moon Archer account the story "One Day at a Time" :) (I've changed accounts since then, from Moon Archer to this one, Jemennuie.)