Reviews for The Finer Points of Dwarven Cuisine
Peres chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
I love seeing something more than Morrigan the bitch or Morrigan the sexy bitch, and she was so perfect here! That line about 'if civilisation made people like the Warden, the less said of it the better', and her rigid self-control and self-respect... simply perfect.
All the better when we see her just enjoy herself, too - I don't think she got many opportunities to indulge under Flemeth's tutelage. And Rica's explanation at the end - yes, of course sharing food would be the ultimate expression of care in Dusttown.

Much love.
Ledilettant chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Very nice.
Shadowolf chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
An excellent read, well done on writing it.
Prisoner 24601 chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Oh I like this very much. I am such a sucker for misunderstandings due to different cultures and backgrounds. Morrigan's complete horror at the way Brosca eats that she cannot understand, and Brosca's relishing food because of the scarcity of it in her background, I totally buy. And Brosca's gesture of sharing food, being a reflection of how the warden regards Morrigan, is quite lovely. Nice work!
1Scarylady chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
I really enjoyed this story. I like all the ambiguities, all the misunderstandings, and the fact that, at the end, I still felt that there were some remaining.

As burgeoning writers we have a tendency sometimes to be too neat, too obvious, and this story avoids that imperative beautifully, leaving people's secret selves partially intact.

Well done.
Aziethe chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
Oh. Sisters! The way you write fem!Warden's friendship (not only here but in your other fics) with Morrigan brings tears to my eyes, and I very rarely get emotional when reading.

I was wondering how you were going to pull off gluttony, really, because it seemed like the hardest sin to pin on Morrigan, but it's done so beautifully here - her disdain for her companions' habits, the sharing of food during camp that she justified reciprocating as not to be in debt.

I adore Rica too, and I'm glad she doesn't feel really threatened (or at least, I'm willing to believe her when she says she doesn't). It was so sweet seeing her being the one to educate Morrigan, and leaving her with that directive.

I also like the faint pang of regret that any meeting with her blood/actual sister(s) would not have been half as pleasant.