Reviews for Chinese Shoes
I Keep Goldfish In My Bra chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Oh! That was so beautifully bittersweet!
RoseLight chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Ah, you evoke such warm and fuzzy memories of that idealistic time...your characterizations of April and Illya, and their unusual relationship are, as always, spot on , and your lyrical images "like a freshly lit candle" and insights "as if time and the enemy were the same thing" are a pleasure to read. The Before setting is believable,the After scene is poignant. I'm "giving thanks" for this lovely wisp of nostalgia PS I think readers here would really enjoy your "The Company You Keep" story if you should publish it here.
girl in the glen chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
I've always liked your take on the Illya/April relationship. His is a subdued, if a not quite concealed affection that rings true for me.
Avery1 chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
What a wonderful story, and it's one I haven't seen from you before! I never tire of reading your stories-they are filled with such depth and poignancy. Your description of how San Francisco had changed in the intervening years was especially bittersweet. Thanks so much for adding your body of work to the FanFiction site, so the next generation of cousins (like me) can enjoy them.

Happy Thanksgiving.