Reviews for A Celebration in Infinite Combinations
BrokenKestral chapter 13 . 2/14
I really liked that this dealt with the loss of minor characters. I know it's a standing joke that to be a redshirt on an away mission in TOS is to die, so it was refreshing to see those deaths causing sorrow, and dealt with. And you made it sad-very sad, as loss is-but handled it well. Thank you for this.
TheFlyingPancake chapter 1 . 11/28/2018
P.S. The mini sunflower thing, plus Sulu’s reaction, is so. Dang. Adorable. On that same note, Spock’s reaction to Kirk’s gift and the idea of the thermal gloves in general was so sweet and cool. I love those two and their friendship; These awesome fics just make that existing friendship ten times more adorable and I love it.
TheFlyingPancake chapter 13 . 11/28/2018
What a marvelous tale filled with warmth, heart, humor and a whole lot of Christmasy loveliness. Truly stellar (in every sense of the word..!) work once again! You made the Enterprise “family” come alive in all sorts of wonderful ways. I absolutely love how you draw on little details from the show (I’ve always found Kirk’s rebellious lil lock of hair kind of hilarious so I was absolutely tickled when you mentioned it) and work them in so seamlessly, so that the next time I watch an episode I go “Aha! There it is”, or, in the case of your beautifully added backgrounds on Tomlinson and Martine, “there they are oh my goodness..!” XD I also really loved Chee’tha- he’s so sweet and the Katarrans sound awesome. I loved everything though. Your writing is not only warm, full of life and spot-on with the show, but it’s so intelligent and thoughtful. Again, as I said in a prior review, there is no way I’m not considering your work absolutely canon. That, plus reading about my favorite characters during my favorite time of year, makes for a wonderfully fun and enjoyable read, and for that I can only say thank you and spectacular work, once again! Live long and prosper, and have an awesome Christmas. Thanks again! :)
Guest chapter 13 . 11/9/2017
This was such a sweet story! I didn't expect much beyond the typical Christmas fluff stuff and I was pleasantly surprised.
I liked your well researched character backgrounds. Thanks a lot for your footnotes!
I will certainly read this story again.
Mfg eine-von-vier
mckydstarlight chapter 13 . 7/13/2017
But what was Kirk's reaction to the mini sunflowers? I need to know!
mckydstarlight chapter 12 . 7/13/2017
Oh no. Bless his heart!
mckydstarlight chapter 7 . 7/7/2017
Oh crap. Poor Spock.
mckydstarlight chapter 4 . 7/7/2017
As soon as she was introduced I knew she would get him but oh bless her heart. I feel sorry for her.
mckydstarlight chapter 2 . 7/7/2017
I love Kirk so much.
bee.zippy chapter 13 . 6/18/2017
I simply love your stories. There is so much good stuff I can't even begin to remember or comment on all of it, I will just say that when I read your stories I feel like I'm wrapped up in a big ol' Star Trek blanket of wonderfulness and I never want it to end. This was just as good as anything I've ever read in Star Trek fandom... The only thing missing was the sunflower, I would've liked to see the interaction with Spock and Kirk in that gift giving moment. Thank you thank you thank you for this gem of a story!
bee.zippy chapter 8 . 6/18/2017
I don't usually review until I've read the whole thing, but I loved this chapter. So in character and wonderfully written.
silversaffron chapter 1 . 1/31/2017
Heya! I've been meaning to review this story for years now and have finally gotten up the courage to do it. When I first read this story, I was relatively new to fandom (well, fandom as a wider thing, as opposed to mindless obsession with Star Wars, heh), particularly Trek fandom. I thought at the time that this story was pretty amazing—it's actually what got me really into Star Trek and invested in the characters. But I figured at the time that this fic was just standard; it read like a lot of published work. Now I know that this isn't typical at all. Three years on, I still count "A Celebration in Infinite Combinations" as the best piece of fanwork I've ever read, better than many published novels. I've caught myself reading stories by the like of Diane Duane and wondering "why can't she write more like KCS?" This is a story of exceptional caliber, and the ending always brings me to tears. You made these characters real to me, so that when I actually got around to watching "Balance of Terror" and recognized Tomlinson and Martine, I was utterly devastated when he died at the end—not because of the five-second wedding scene at the beginning, but because of the shy, funny, loving, heroic man I'd gotten to know in this story. God has given you a great gift of writing. Thank you for the many hours of laughter, tears, and "awwww" moments you've given me through your fics, especially this one. Here's to many more years of successful writing for you! God bless!
Random Ruth chapter 13 . 1/4/2017