Reviews for Thanatophile
Guest chapter 3 . 10/1/2013
Are you saying that Death is in love with Tsubaki now?
Or was? Something like that?
MAKE A SEQUEL OR EXPLAIN IT.
redeyesofhell chapter 3 . 6/18/2013
I like it please continue
gingerkidz99 chapter 3 . 4/14/2013
more more more more more more more more
RayenOfDeadStarsAndPlanets chapter 3 . 6/10/2012
This was wonderful! I love it!
Ryuichi17 chapter 3 . 5/14/2012
you some how managed to make ShinigamixTsubaki to work.

nice job. Fave :D
Guile chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
That was great.

The characters were pitch-perfect, and the weapon metaphors for sex were oddly hilarious. And the ending was super cute.
AlsoSprachOdin chapter 3 . 2/18/2011
Surprisingly tragic, right there at the end.

A quite entertaining piece, nevertheless. Creative, non-standard, no typos noticed and the writing doesn't make me want to claw out my eyes. Believable characterization, no less-than-canonical idiocy.

Thank you for the read.
skrybble chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
Sorry it took me so long to review! Loved the conclusion, though—I wish there was more to come, of course, but it was very entertaining and a surprisingly resolved ending. Favorites?

(1) Of course, I loved Blair (and, of course, Tsubaki's alternate assassin and then ninja stints at the start.) But with tactful little Tsubaki talking to the witch who *loves* to make people uncomfortable, you know it's going to be good, right? And of course there was 'catnyapping'—bravo on that ;)

(2) The last line was wonderful. I hadn't expected the story to end here, but as I said, it felt surprisingly resolved. Tsubaki's way of coming to terms was well carried out, and better still was Death's point of view at the end. Oh, sweet irony—never ceases to entertain, does it? Haha. I'm sorry the story's over, but I enjoyed the ending. If it's not too much to hope for, I'll be on the lookout for any more Soul Eater you write in future!

Oh, and by the way. On a slightly different note, I saw your profile and the little tidbit about publishing rather than holding out for reviews. I mention it because it impressed me a lot that you chose to do that. I know there are a lot of writers on the site who are in it for the reviews, and it's very easy to get caught up in that. It's great to see a reminder that you're not writing on here for the praise; you're doing it because you love it. So thanks for that :) Keep writing!

-skrybble o_O

P.S. Out of curiosity, your reply you refer to yourself as "we", "I", and "Tomas". Do you share and account with someone, or am I just reading too much into this? Just curious, haha.
Kara Black chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
Awwwww it's over... Such a nice fic, I love it! The last chapter was so sweet, I loved to read this THANK YOU! :D
VioTanequil chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
It's over? Noooooo.

When I first saw the alert, I was rather taken aback. The pairing seemed absurd (and probably actually sorta is), but I love the way you tied everything in together. I love the way you fleshed out Tsubaki, and I especially, especially love the TSUBAKI-CHAN SUPER-IMAGINATIVE PREVIEWS. Those never failed to make me rofl.

It was a nice touch, though, to have Shinigami-sama think about her. Makes me want to know more. XD.
sulfur angel chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
I can think of only one word to describe my response to Tsubaki's dream: yowza.

...

...

Interpret it as you will, although the first three provided definitions on Urban Dictionary sum up the nature of my reponse quite well.
skrybble chapter 2 . 11/27/2010
Lmao. Already love this story even more—this chapter was hilarious, but I'm glad you're playing up the crack. Might as well have a little fun with it, ne? And I did, in fact, see the little tidbit about Tsubaki being the horniest, so I wondered if that had anything to do with it. Probably one of my favorite moments in the manga, haha. Frankly, I don't think you could have made use of that any better than you did here _ So altogether, *again*, can't wait for more. Particular credits for Black*Star staring down the sun and "dammit, he's trying to bury himself again." Plus, the intro to this chapter was especially nice and vivid; not that it wasn't all fun, but I give you props for that.

By the way, (a) Roald Dahl's 'Witches' reference with Medusa, if I'm right? and (b) IS IT BLAIRE?

Kara Black chapter 2 . 11/27/2010
Wow, Tsubaki's imagination is wide and hilarious! I loved this chapter, the reaction of each character fits them perfectly.

Oh my, don't tell me that tsubaki is going to ask who I think she's going to ask... I'm waiting to read more!
Kara Black chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
I've never thought of this pairing, and I'm surprised to find that I actually like it XD Shinigami-sama must be hot behind his mask . And Tsubaki-chan is just adorable. But shinigami is a bit of a pedo XD
skrybble chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
So I will admit that I started reading this looking for some good fun crack, having seen it was Tsubaki/Shinigami-sama.

I will also admit that by the time Shinigami-sama and Tsubaki were talking, I was a thousand times more into this than I'd expected it to be. You've taken what ought to be a completely crazy pairing and made it... dare I say? Yeah, I do—really, really entertaining. You're a very good writer, and it seems you capture Tsubaki's POV very well. I was also really impressed at the description of the way she finds Black*Star through the empty spaces, and of the soul resonance. You use wonderful similes and language, and extremely vivid description. It makes your writing wonderful to read.

Altogether, I enjoyed this a lot more than I would have expected—that's not meant to be an insult; I assumed this would be an entertaining little oneshot, and now I can't wait to see what happens next. This has been summararily story-alerted, and I can't wait to see what happens next. Keep writing!