Reviews for Allegiance
XStrife chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Found this story through a random browse of fanfics and already I am hooked! Despite the seriousness of some parts of the chapter I thoroughly enjoyed the humor. Now, onto chapter 2!
FullMetalCrayon chapter 8 . 11/25/2011
Must...tear...eyes...from...screen...

That was...well, it was fantabulousilishious! (It was so good, I had to make up a word for it.)

The way you portray everyone is very in character, which is extremely hard to accomplish (at least, for me. But then again you're a much better writer than I.) So you get triple gold stars for that! I've seen the end of Brotherhood, and this story still made me worry for the characters like it was canon!

You are a truly skilled author. Keep up the good work, and have a wonderful weekend!

~FMC
Harm Marie chapter 8 . 11/25/2011
Loved this chapter.
Sandstripe chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
Yay, new chapter!

It was very interesting to see your perspective on how Ed's loyalty to Mustang evolved

Also, just a small note, You've got "Gluttony's subject" where "Gluttony's stomach" should be

I hope that you get the inspiration to do the epilogue soon!

~Sandstripe
FullMetalWizardNerd7 chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
You have no friggin happy I am right now. I think that this was worth the wait[: Thanks for updating! :D
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
Beautiful, beautiful chapter. I can't say that that is what I thought was/is the reason that Mustang is trying to hard to get to the top (I've always been more to think that it was to stop another Ishval from ever happening again), but knowing how he feels about the whole massacre, it is in character and frankly quite believable. It would also make sense, in that aspect, why- particularly those who were with him there, follow him. The feel the need for justice against the crimes they committed... and the only way to get that would be through him. Though I would also say that they legitimately care for each other. The team is quite tight nit, after all.
GeneralGeneric chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
Indeed, the relationship dynamic between Ed and Mustang is very interesting. It's a sort of amalgamation between a mentorship and a comradeship. It also gives a clear look into how an outsider would view Mustang's actions - everyone else examined in this has either a respectful leader/subordinate relation or something deeper than that. Ed's just this confused kid who, along with his brother, has been thrown into a much bigger situation, so it'd be natural for him to view the Colonel's ideas with caution. But as Hawkeye said to him: "Just because you don't understand his reasons doesn't mean you can't trust him."

That probably does sum up their whole relationship pretty well. By the way, I do absolutely love how you added a focus on Ed and Riza's dynamic as well. The whole scene where she talks to Ed in her apartment is literally one of the best in my opinion. One is because it finally shows the dreaded Ishval War. The other is that it shows so much insight into both Ed and Riza's personalities. Riza has been a good mentor to the boy in her own way; she's one of the first to realize that the kid's grown up from where he used to be. Thus, she actually tells him about Ishval instead of ignoring him like all the rest.

I don't even know. I just really like Riza, and I acted just like Ed when she said that she and Roy would go under trial for war crimes once everything was over. You just don't expect that sort of thing in narratives like these, you know?
mebh chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
You are an exceptional writer - so compassionate with a great instinct for character.

You write Ed and Roy particularly well.

Please continue! I feel genuinely sad when I get an update from you and it doesn't involve Roy
naien543 chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
curious - are you going to do a story for Alphonse?
Anon chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
Amazing! Every tine I read your writing I am reminded how good it is. You really understand the characters and their relationships. I look forward to the epilogue.
Chorus of Resistance chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
Whoo! I was waiting for what felt like forever for the latest chapter. I was glad to see this latest update. As usual, the chapter was amazing. Definitely a fantastic read.
OwlCookies XD chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
riza and ed's conversation: i never realized how sad it was until u wrote about it :'(
FullMetalWizardNerd7 chapter 7 . 10/21/2011
When are you gonna update? ]: It's almost the end of October! I love this story to bits. You write everyone's character so good. Perfect, even. I can't stand to see this incompleted. And right before Ed's chapter too! Pleaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeee! Update! For all of us who's reading this! You deserve so much more reviews too. Not 30 something. Your an amazing writer, [one of the best], And I hope that you finish this, with Ed's chapter! I bet I'm not the only one who feels like this too. Please update soon! Like I said before, your probably one of the best fanfic writers for FullMetal Alchemist. Well, in my opinion, you probably are. I love ALL of your FullMetal fanfics too. Again, please update! I hate having this story being incomplete.
Chorus of Resistance chapter 7 . 9/21/2011
First of all, I would like to say that I am shocked beyond all belief that this story hasn't received more reviews than it has now.

Simply put, this story is amazing. I love every single bit of it.

Each story behind the characters is so wonderfully detailed, you might as well add it to the manga straight away.

You managed to add the canon scenes to the ones of your own creation and still made it seem real. Truly believable, and I loved every minute of it!

Thank you for posting. :)
bearhead chapter 7 . 9/11/2011
I know I have already reviewed this chapter, but I just re-read the story and I have to say that this is by far the best and most well written story I have ever read. It is so amazingly detailed, but yet easy to follow. It makes you feel all sorts of emotions and I love it so much! I can't wait for Ed's chapter! I have no idea what to expect but I know it is going to be amazing! So i hope this gives you an extra boost to finish up Ed's chapter as October 3rd approaches! Never stop writing cause you truly have a gift!

~bearhead