Reviews for Allegiance
XStrife chapter 6 . 11/27/2011
I am totally speechless. Don't know what to say besides that it was one of my favorite chapters so far. Long chapter but it was well worth the read.
XStrife chapter 5 . 11/27/2011
Nice summary of major events involving Armstrong. I must say that Armstrong creeps me out with his spontaneous muscular sparkly poses and rib breaking hugs.

"Besides, the State needs soft lugs like you to balance out the ruthless bitches like me." Armstrong's sister has a great sense of humor.
XStrife chapter 4 . 11/27/2011
I almost forgot Falman's first name myself until I looked at the chapter title again, though Velcro and Vulcan are pretty unique names as well. Another chapter well done!
Gallifreyan Phoenix chapter 8 . 11/26/2011
One word, and one word only: Fabulous!
XStrife chapter 3 . 11/26/2011
I never really paid too much attention to Breda but this chapter really brought out his character. Great humor as always and glad to see that Mustang didn't have to go through another life and death situation to recruit someone...well almost.
XStrife chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
This chapter is much longer compared to the previous one. I must say that I've always wondered what the phone conversation is like between Mustang and Hughes. Another great chapter!
XStrife chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Found this story through a random browse of fanfics and already I am hooked! Despite the seriousness of some parts of the chapter I thoroughly enjoyed the humor. Now, onto chapter 2!
FullMetalCrayon chapter 8 . 11/25/2011
Must...tear...eyes...from...screen...

That was...well, it was fantabulousilishious! (It was so good, I had to make up a word for it.)

The way you portray everyone is very in character, which is extremely hard to accomplish (at least, for me. But then again you're a much better writer than I.) So you get triple gold stars for that! I've seen the end of Brotherhood, and this story still made me worry for the characters like it was canon!

You are a truly skilled author. Keep up the good work, and have a wonderful weekend!

~FMC
Harm Marie chapter 8 . 11/25/2011
Loved this chapter.
Sandstripe chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
Yay, new chapter!

It was very interesting to see your perspective on how Ed's loyalty to Mustang evolved

Also, just a small note, You've got "Gluttony's subject" where "Gluttony's stomach" should be

I hope that you get the inspiration to do the epilogue soon!

~Sandstripe
FullMetalWizardNerd7 chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
You have no friggin happy I am right now. I think that this was worth the wait[: Thanks for updating! :D
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
Beautiful, beautiful chapter. I can't say that that is what I thought was/is the reason that Mustang is trying to hard to get to the top (I've always been more to think that it was to stop another Ishval from ever happening again), but knowing how he feels about the whole massacre, it is in character and frankly quite believable. It would also make sense, in that aspect, why- particularly those who were with him there, follow him. The feel the need for justice against the crimes they committed... and the only way to get that would be through him. Though I would also say that they legitimately care for each other. The team is quite tight nit, after all.
GeneralGeneric chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
Indeed, the relationship dynamic between Ed and Mustang is very interesting. It's a sort of amalgamation between a mentorship and a comradeship. It also gives a clear look into how an outsider would view Mustang's actions - everyone else examined in this has either a respectful leader/subordinate relation or something deeper than that. Ed's just this confused kid who, along with his brother, has been thrown into a much bigger situation, so it'd be natural for him to view the Colonel's ideas with caution. But as Hawkeye said to him: "Just because you don't understand his reasons doesn't mean you can't trust him."

That probably does sum up their whole relationship pretty well. By the way, I do absolutely love how you added a focus on Ed and Riza's dynamic as well. The whole scene where she talks to Ed in her apartment is literally one of the best in my opinion. One is because it finally shows the dreaded Ishval War. The other is that it shows so much insight into both Ed and Riza's personalities. Riza has been a good mentor to the boy in her own way; she's one of the first to realize that the kid's grown up from where he used to be. Thus, she actually tells him about Ishval instead of ignoring him like all the rest.

I don't even know. I just really like Riza, and I acted just like Ed when she said that she and Roy would go under trial for war crimes once everything was over. You just don't expect that sort of thing in narratives like these, you know?
mebh chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
You are an exceptional writer - so compassionate with a great instinct for character.

You write Ed and Roy particularly well.

Please continue! I feel genuinely sad when I get an update from you and it doesn't involve Roy
naien543 chapter 8 . 11/24/2011
curious - are you going to do a story for Alphonse?
280 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »