Reviews for Allegiance
Mew Phong chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
I love it. Absolutely love it, the first part with Roy riza and Hughes nearly had me in tears but then I had to smile at hi letter! Riza is up next, yay!
SammyQuill chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
*runs for damp towels, cool lemonade and a solid block of chocolate* Oh no, don't pass out, this was amazing! No way in hell are you down for the count until I get my Hawkeye chapter. And I will chain you to your computer until you post it if I must. XD

(yes, my reasons for reviving you are extremely selfish, are you really all that surprised given my fanatic Royai nature? :D)

This chapter was simply breathtaking, I honestly don't even know whee to start. Oh well, I guess I'll do so by congratulating you on so perfectly portraying all the facets of Hughes' personality. Oftentimes, he just ends up being the doting boyfriend/husband/father but there is so much more to the man. And him being his silly self as a coping mechanism is simply brilliant! Everyone has their own way of escaping momentarily from their personal hell, writing to Gracia and pretending everything is normal is Maes'. *sad*

The plot itself is so well put, it makes my heart break. Especially the parts with the Ishvalan priest. I actually cried at the part where he told Riza he had already forgiven her. And now I'm more than half terrified of seeing that part from Riza's POV.

The part with Roy and Hughes at the academy, standing up to the seniors only to release that they'll have to do that all their lives long... sigh.

I especially loved all the humor you managed to inject because honestly, no matter how messed up the situation, Hughes always did light it up even if just a little bit. He had that spark that never died as long as he lived. Oh God, why Arakawa, why Hughes?

I'm not managing to say nearly half of what I had originally planned on but one thing I can assure of you off is that this was brilliant and a lot more than worth the wait I had to endure for it. And now, please excuse me as I go off to cry in a corner and wait with fearful anticipation for the Hawkeye chapter.
lilahri chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
So great! I loved that you added the scene where Riza saves Roy and Maes from the tower, that wasn't in either of the animes was it? I don't remember... I always get what I've read in the manga and what I've seen in FMA and FMA: Brotherhood all mixed up in my head... haha

You did a fan-freaking-tastic job of developing Hughes and Roy's relationship. It was perfect. I really liked that you had Maes be the one that first introduced Roy to the idea of being Fuhrer - very fitting.

Riza's next? Whew. I'm looking forward to that one! And then Ed after her?

Great job!

~lilah
festeringlilies chapter 5 . 6/10/2011
This story deserves more than one review, but I'm just so obscenely lazy that this will have to be the only one for now, haha.

So... basically, this is one of my absolute favorite fics of all time. Team Mustang is just so hilarious! :) I absolutely love how you made backstories for everyone, throwing in your wonderful creative talent to make these amazing stories that could just as well be canon (and are canon, in fact, in my mind). The Royai makes things all the better too, of course. ;)

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
bearhead chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
love it!

keep it up!

i can't wait for the next chapter!
Ligare chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
The Armstrong family has always baffled me to no end. I still vaguely remember the law of crossbreeding from junior high Biology. It's not actually beyond the realm of possibility that Olivier is Alex's blood sister.

Her distinctly dissimilar facial bone structure and height might be just be dormant traits from distant predecessors. But how do you explain the fact that for such a noble, old family with supposedly stable bloodline, nobody from the Armstrong family resemble each other?

I'm looking forward for Hawkeye's and Ed's story. Theirs has been retold quite clearly both in manga and anime, so you may not be able to veer much without making this an AU story. The written words, 'though, have different potentials than pictures.
CripticWolf chapter 5 . 5/28/2011
I adore this story 3
Emememe chapter 5 . 5/23/2011
I loved this...I know what you mean, that was first reaction to Arnstrong as well, along with 'if he's bald, why does he have a random curl in this forehead?' it seemed like he was just this really over-the-top, muscly macho man that liked to take his clothes off :P

Although those things are very true in their own sense, I really started to fall in love with Armstrong's character when the depth was added to his story. How he tried and failed to protect in Ishval. His relentless guilt afterwards. It really made him more human, (as opposed to a walking, talking sparkle machine), and I really appreciate the way you went more in depth with his character, giving sense to his overemotional reactions, and showing what he may have been really experiencing through his encounters with the more central characters :)

I also enjoyed the little interaction he had there with Olivier :) it was nice to see her act more like the supportive older sister type, if only for this once :P

I thought you did an awesome job with this chapter, and I agree with your choice of style change. Linear just wouldn't have worked with Armstrong, and I don't think it would quite work for those left, either :) I didn't think it was confusing at all, and the little bit of choppiness was unavoidable, due to all the scenes being separate in time from the others.

Anyway, loved it! _ thanks for the update, can't wait for the next one!
Harm Marie chapter 5 . 5/23/2011
Loved this lots.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/21/2011
I loved this fic! Congratulations,it was amazing! I'm gonna sound slightly obsessive but it was so in character! I love how you showed the many facets of Armstrong's, Roy's, and Olivier's characters. I also love how you made the connection between Ed and Roy's idealisms and Al and the Ishbalan child's red eyes was pretty damn brilliant too. I laughed so hard at Armstrong's molesting hug I can't believe I've never thought of that before! This brought back so many memories of emotional fma scenes Im absolutely in love with that series. So all in all it was awesome!
Kat chapter 5 . 5/21/2011
I think this is very well written. You've managed to portray a great deal of depth to a character that does his best to be seen a very simplistic. A great job!
Mew Phong chapter 5 . 5/21/2011
Wow long... Well you did warn me XD It was AMAZING I loved the experts from the manga falling into place here. Love it.
SammyQuill chapter 5 . 5/21/2011
You're going to save Hawkeye for last aren't you? You evil thing! Well, evil and genius because you've clearly perfected stilling time. How else can you do all your RL stuff, beta Almost Here and punch out such a long and awesome chapter? XD

I really, really liked this because while you said you couldn't write sparkly Armstrong you can. In fact, you did one better, you actually balanced his soft side with the angst and made him appear both a soldier and a human.

And don't you think I missed out that little bit of parental RoyEd there. Though secretly, I've been reading your Roy/Ed lately too. XD

I also loved how you incorporated Maria Ross in here. And Hughes, oh my God, this made me realize how much I miss Hughes, especially when he told Roy to wait til he makes it to General before the mustache. My only regret, alas, is that it wasn't' mentioned in front of Riza. I'm sure one less then pleased look from her would have stamped the idea right out of Roy's mind. XD

I also really liked Olivier's part in here. And Alex going "how will you get a husband" was just classic. XDDDDD

Gah, so many things to mention, so little sanity (*has worked a double shift and is falling asleep on her comp*) Suffice to say you pulled it off splendidly. And since you have mastered time control, I want that Hawkeye chapter. XD
Gallifreyan Phoenix chapter 5 . 5/21/2011
I love how Hughes does not support the mustache. It made me happy. I also liked how your explanation for Armstrong taking off his shirt was "for greater range of motion". It makes sense...and yet, well, Armstrong IS Armstrong. XD
Crazy Sardines chapter 4 . 5/9/2011
Love this fic. I could just imagine each of your chapters as an actual episode in the anime. Very well written and in character. First three chapters were brilliant. The fourth one is good too though not as focused and cohesive as the first three. Keep up the good work though. :) looking forward to more of this.
274 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »