Reviews for Allegiance
totaltheTERRIER chapter 6 . 6/19/2011
AGHHH this is so good! I loved your 'creative liberties', they really expand on the depth of Maes and Roy's friendship here. The part with them in the woods was especially moving:

"She saw everything," Roy rasped. He wiped his mouth, shuddering. "She could see it all, up there in her tower. For months she's watched me raze this land to the ground!" :-((( Poor Roy!

And thanks for mentioning the OVA, I never knew it existed before, but now I've watched it and it's AWESOME! Of course it all started with a piece of quiche...
Harm Marie chapter 6 . 6/19/2011
Absolutely amazing chapter.
Gallifreyan Phoenix chapter 6 . 6/19/2011
I ADORE Hughes. This was a fabulous chapter; I enjoyed every bit of it.
kateydidnt chapter 6 . 6/19/2011
FanTAStic chapter. i am seriously in awe of this one
bearhead chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
I love this story so much!

Its by far the most well thought out and well written story I've ever read! You do such a good job and the characters are always spot on. Keep it up! I can't wait for Hawkeye!
Chorus of Resistance chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
Wow...this story has been really good so far! I'm looking forward to the next chapter, and I can't wait to read more. :)
Mew Phong chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
I love it. Absolutely love it, the first part with Roy riza and Hughes nearly had me in tears but then I had to smile at hi letter! Riza is up next, yay!
SammyQuill chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
*runs for damp towels, cool lemonade and a solid block of chocolate* Oh no, don't pass out, this was amazing! No way in hell are you down for the count until I get my Hawkeye chapter. And I will chain you to your computer until you post it if I must. XD

(yes, my reasons for reviving you are extremely selfish, are you really all that surprised given my fanatic Royai nature? :D)

This chapter was simply breathtaking, I honestly don't even know whee to start. Oh well, I guess I'll do so by congratulating you on so perfectly portraying all the facets of Hughes' personality. Oftentimes, he just ends up being the doting boyfriend/husband/father but there is so much more to the man. And him being his silly self as a coping mechanism is simply brilliant! Everyone has their own way of escaping momentarily from their personal hell, writing to Gracia and pretending everything is normal is Maes'. *sad*

The plot itself is so well put, it makes my heart break. Especially the parts with the Ishvalan priest. I actually cried at the part where he told Riza he had already forgiven her. And now I'm more than half terrified of seeing that part from Riza's POV.

The part with Roy and Hughes at the academy, standing up to the seniors only to release that they'll have to do that all their lives long... sigh.

I especially loved all the humor you managed to inject because honestly, no matter how messed up the situation, Hughes always did light it up even if just a little bit. He had that spark that never died as long as he lived. Oh God, why Arakawa, why Hughes?

I'm not managing to say nearly half of what I had originally planned on but one thing I can assure of you off is that this was brilliant and a lot more than worth the wait I had to endure for it. And now, please excuse me as I go off to cry in a corner and wait with fearful anticipation for the Hawkeye chapter.
lilahri chapter 6 . 6/18/2011
So great! I loved that you added the scene where Riza saves Roy and Maes from the tower, that wasn't in either of the animes was it? I don't remember... I always get what I've read in the manga and what I've seen in FMA and FMA: Brotherhood all mixed up in my head... haha

You did a fan-freaking-tastic job of developing Hughes and Roy's relationship. It was perfect. I really liked that you had Maes be the one that first introduced Roy to the idea of being Fuhrer - very fitting.

Riza's next? Whew. I'm looking forward to that one! And then Ed after her?

Great job!

~lilah
shipping-goggles chapter 5 . 6/10/2011
This story deserves more than one review, but I'm just so obscenely lazy that this will have to be the only one for now, haha.

So... basically, this is one of my absolute favorite fics of all time. Team Mustang is just so hilarious! :) I absolutely love how you made backstories for everyone, throwing in your wonderful creative talent to make these amazing stories that could just as well be canon (and are canon, in fact, in my mind). The Royai makes things all the better too, of course. ;)

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!
bearhead chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
love it!

keep it up!

i can't wait for the next chapter!
Ligare chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
The Armstrong family has always baffled me to no end. I still vaguely remember the law of crossbreeding from junior high Biology. It's not actually beyond the realm of possibility that Olivier is Alex's blood sister.

Her distinctly dissimilar facial bone structure and height might be just be dormant traits from distant predecessors. But how do you explain the fact that for such a noble, old family with supposedly stable bloodline, nobody from the Armstrong family resemble each other?

I'm looking forward for Hawkeye's and Ed's story. Theirs has been retold quite clearly both in manga and anime, so you may not be able to veer much without making this an AU story. The written words, 'though, have different potentials than pictures.
CripticWolf chapter 5 . 5/28/2011
I adore this story 3
Emememe chapter 5 . 5/23/2011
I loved this...I know what you mean, that was first reaction to Arnstrong as well, along with 'if he's bald, why does he have a random curl in this forehead?' it seemed like he was just this really over-the-top, muscly macho man that liked to take his clothes off :P

Although those things are very true in their own sense, I really started to fall in love with Armstrong's character when the depth was added to his story. How he tried and failed to protect in Ishval. His relentless guilt afterwards. It really made him more human, (as opposed to a walking, talking sparkle machine), and I really appreciate the way you went more in depth with his character, giving sense to his overemotional reactions, and showing what he may have been really experiencing through his encounters with the more central characters :)

I also enjoyed the little interaction he had there with Olivier :) it was nice to see her act more like the supportive older sister type, if only for this once :P

I thought you did an awesome job with this chapter, and I agree with your choice of style change. Linear just wouldn't have worked with Armstrong, and I don't think it would quite work for those left, either :) I didn't think it was confusing at all, and the little bit of choppiness was unavoidable, due to all the scenes being separate in time from the others.

Anyway, loved it! _ thanks for the update, can't wait for the next one!
Harm Marie chapter 5 . 5/23/2011