Reviews for Allegiance
steferstheawesome chapter 5 . 10/9/2013
Oh... this was... *cry*
steferstheawesome chapter 4 . 10/9/2013
Falman...and...Sheska? *squeal* How cute! All the ways they start working for Mustang fit so well! D:
steferstheawesome chapter 3 . 10/9/2013
*laugh* I can picture this happening. :) Mustang, bb...
steferstheawesome chapter 2 . 10/9/2013
Awh! So cute! Poor Fuery... heheheheh... I just love him so much
cthulhu-with-a-fez chapter 9 . 9/27/2013
This... wow. THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST PIECES OF LITERATURE I HAVE EVER HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF READING, I SWEAR. I'm really not kidding - this fic is absolutely amazing. One of my favorite FMA fics, absolutely, and one of my top favorite fics of any fandom, and even one of my favorite pieces of reading material, published or not. Thank you so much for writing it! Your characterization was absolutely spot-on, and your style and pace and general everything were all completely fabulous too.
cthulhu-with-a-fez chapter 2 . 9/26/2013
Fuery is my bby and I love him. My nickname for him, before I got all their names straight in my head, was "bby intern alchemist". Despite the fact that he was neither an intern nor an alchemist, he's still my bby and he's adorable and I love him.
Randalish chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
That last review was actually mine. Stupid program logged me out without saying so. Oh well.
Guest chapter 9 . 9/23/2013
This is an amazing story.

I read it slowly, chapter by chapter, considering each in turn. Obviously, I do not like all of them equally. Nor do I agree with all of them, where the interpretations of the characters are concerned. But they always made me think.

I'd be hard-pressed to pick my favourites. Havoc's chapter was hilarious, and really caught that dynamic he has with Mustang in canon. Since it was the first chapter I read, I wasn't quite sure of your depiction of Mustang at first. But then his real motives were revealed and it all fell into place.

Fuery's chapter was perhaps the surprise hit of the story. The little guy has next to zero characterisation in canon, but here you really feel for him. Unlike the chapters with the better-established big-name characters, you really had a chance to define Fuery, and it worked out very well. The plot was also intriguing, and offered clever parallels to Ishval's order-following dilemma, as well as giving us a clever explanation for why Roy is so concerned with telephone taps in canon.

Breda's chapter I didn't like so much, mostly because I interpret his character differently. Nor did I really find it believable Mustang would tell him about his plans while he wasn't on board yet. I did like his relationship with Havoc, though. Finally, I'm probably biased against this one because I'm rather attached to other stories that depict Roy as an utter lightweight when it comes to holding his liquor. :-)

Falman's chapter was fun, but Hughes indeed did end up stealing the show. Oh well. That's not a complaint.

Armstrong's chapter was too choppy and too close to canon. It wasn't bad, but I felt it didn't really offer that much in the way of new insights or ideas.

Hughes' own chapter... well, surprisingly I preferred him in Falman's chapter. In this one... I couldn't quite believe him trying to assassinate Bradley and getting away with it. And the earlier parts of the chapter were a bit too similar to the OVA. I did like the idea of Hughes manipulating Roy, though.

Riza's chapter was a strong one. Her first battle was very well done. Kimbley's attempt to get at her alchemy secrets... was something I'd never considered as a possibility, but it makes a frightful amount of sense. It does put Riza wanting her tattoo excised in a slightly different light.

I was surprised at how much I liked Edward's chapter, because... well, Edward is an annoying little hothead shrimp. I love his story, but I don't like him as a person. I'm also more interested in general in his relationship with Riza than in that with Roy, since he seems much closer to her. This chapter worked very well though, especially in how it explored the roots of Ed's dislike of Roy, and how that evolved over the course of the series.

Oh, and the confrontation between Ed and Roy when "practising" made me really sorry the comic or animated show never showed us anything like it. That was one hell of an action scene.

Finally, the epilogue was brilliant. Of course, I'm biased. I do not as a rule "ship" characters, but there are a handful of exceptions to that rule, and these two have claimed a place among them with inexorable force. And, once the warm fuzzy feelings subside, I suppose I might have liked the other people in Roy's team to play a bigger role in it, since this story was about them after all. Still, it's a great ending. I particularly loved Ed's admonition about Roy proving worthy of the stone, and the Ishval-visions he got while healing.

In the end, this story is an excellent series of character-studies. I know many stories that focus on one or two characters, but few that explore an entire circle of people like this. I may not like them all, but it's a remarkable achievement nonetheless. Kudos.
paninya chapter 9 . 9/15/2013
IM SCREAMING BECUASE THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL AND IM READING THIS AT ONE IN THE MORNING AND I LOVE YOU.
Hughes' and Havoc's chapters were my favorites! :D
But I love all of them! I think I'm just biased because Hughes is one of my fave adult characters in FMA and barely anyone shows his serious side! He's kinda just there as comic relief that no one aknowledges in lots of fanfics...
And Havoc is amazing. He's my favorite in Mustang' Crew. He gives me feelings...
Good job! I loved it! I love you!
mistargazer13 chapter 9 . 8/28/2013
Excellent story! Thank you for writing and sharing this. I especially loved the Fuery chapter. : )
drana0 chapter 9 . 8/20/2013
Thank you for this story! It was so very insightful and creative!
senpen banka chapter 9 . 8/1/2013
Excellent story! You did an superb job of capturing the various characters personalities and their relationships with mustang, especially during the scenes in ishval!
kawoosh chapter 9 . 7/4/2013
This was amazing!
Yuki Suou chapter 9 . 6/29/2013
This is just AWES0ME! I'm speechless!
Yuki Suou chapter 2 . 6/28/2013
Kain is really a nice guy.
274 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »