Reviews for That One Thing
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 7/26
Lovely and funny! You did a wonderful job capturing Eugene's voice. Particularly the part about how he tried to respond as humbly as possible... which didn't come off as humble at all. :)
the midnight Mel chapter 1 . 7/7
This was so cute - and probably the best way that conversation could have gone. :) Thanks for posting!
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 1 . 1/12
Chuckling from the start with how Rider no longer even remembers how often he has been hit X-D

Great work on the king's character and how he makes people feel
bronzed topaz chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
That sounds like a very realistic (and amusing) conversation for them to have. Love.
Toaofwriting chapter 1 . 3/22/2015
Great job. Very well done :)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
Ok, this is AMAZING! LOVE IT SOOOO MUCH! ;D
Chaotic Halcyon chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
Cute! I really enjoyed this. I'd like to see more Tangled works from you.
IceQueenandFireQueen chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
:) Cute.
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
This was very cute.
beth-is-rainpaint chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Really enjoyed Flynn/Eugene's voice (but then, when is it not enjoyable when it's done well?). And I really wasn't expecting the twist with the king-very well done! The only thing-I think you meant "imposing" rather than "impending." And if I can make a suggestion, I think it might be funny if you just ended the story after the line "Just . . . man stuff." I feel like this story was about the interaction between Flynn/Eugene and the king (as well as Flynn/Eugene's hilarious attitude toward everything), and that line really captures that theme. Of course, then you'd have to rename the story...hmmmm.
soulsolid chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Flynn is so in-character in here, you did well :)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
I love you. No, no, I'm serious. That was just great!
EdeatheDemonFox chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Eeeee, Flynn's thoughts are love. Just hearing what he thinks as he sees Rapunzel is like being given water when you're incredibly dehydrated. It's amazing. ;u;
Bobby Corwen chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Only Flynn Rider would have the guts to laugh in the kings face. I love it :) I loved his intelligent response to the king grinning, too. 'Huh?' too funny! The whole ordeal is perfect. I love the details, like how Flynn mentioned the stuffy servants' wigs. The whole atmosphere is great and really funny. I loved it!

-Bobby Corwen
anonymous-lemonade chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
This was very sweet. There are two things that stand out to me in this fic and those are: 1) You have a very interesting tone for Eugene. Had you written this with a 3rd person omniscient narrator, it would have been a fun way to experience the story. But since you've chosen to write this in 1st person with Flynn narrating, I almost feel like it was too polished for his speech; like it was too pretty to look at in a "staring at the sun for too long" kind of way. I'm not saying it's bad (some parts are even fitting) but for me it took awhile for me to get use the tone of the story. I felt that it lacked grit and Flynn's signature "rough and tumble" air. I'm not sure if I'm articulating this correctly... -sigh- oh well. Just something I thought you might consider. Anyway, 2) I really like the line where Eugene says "With all due respect, I'll never be worthy of Rapunzel. And that you thought I might be is hilarious." It was very honest and sweet. A humbling way for Eugene to express his feelings without coming out and saying that he "loves Rapunzel." I think that those words are far more potent than any of that grand "stuffy" declarations of love you see in cheesy romantic poems.

Overall, great job. I really enjoyed this.