Reviews for And One Time He Didn't
Jaycie Victory chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
This hurt to read. Aching, beautiful and layered with loss. Both obvious, and not. Wonderful writing.
USAFChief chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
I've really enjoyed your Jayne/River stories and this one just makes it complete.

Hope you are well and enjoying your life.
deanandjo4ever1 chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Amazing. It teared me a little bit. Loved the story.
E.J. Lesthen chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Wow, that was a beautiful piece. I can't even say it was too short, because it was the perfect length for the story you had there. Made me get a lump in my throat, it was so well done. Now I have to check out the rest of your work!
jenefaner chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
:'((
Dherea chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Very moving. You captured a moment in time which is painful, but showed us his acceptance. His watching the scene perfectly captured each crew member. The ending was beautiful. He watched for a minute then went to find Book. Back to his family...on the other side.

Thank you for sharing.
Whyt Wulf chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Excuse me a moment - I must have walked through a cloud of dust without realizing. I need to wipe my eyes and clear my throat.

Wow, that was powerful. I haven't read the story you recommended in the Notes, but I assume it wasn't necessary to really feel the blow to the chest I just felt. Have I mentioned how powerful this is? I could literally feel the weight on my chest, and I got just a tad choked up (just like I did the first time I saw the movie). I didn't cry, though! Jayne wouldn't have it.

If this is an indication of your talent as a writer, I can't wait to read the rest of your fic. Well, maybe just the Firefly stuff. For starters, anyway.

Thank you.
analogarhythmagic chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Simple, poignant, lovely! I love how you revealed so much about Jayne and his relationship with the crew, and painted such a powerful emotional scene, with so few words.
mrphishie chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
Oh! This was unexpected. And then I cried.

very very good ficlet.
1a4b chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
This was written really well I liked it, although it was sad.
Mary Kroll chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Wow, caught me off guard there. Good on ya. I'll be checking out more of your stuff.
Nonnihil Scelestus chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
That was so amazing and so very sad. I loved it. No excuse me while I go find some tissues.
Lattelady chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Oh that was beautiful. You write river and jayne so well it is no surprise that you can capture him alone so well. I love that he became so much more to the rest of the crew than we ever saw.
zeel chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
That's really lovely. It took me a second to understand in what way he died, as I was assuming it would be some Mal/Jayne fight that sent him packing, but I think it is wonderfully simple and poignant.