Reviews for Heart of the Matter
Tony chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Very nice solution to the whole Hannah situation.

The problem with Hannah, is that she is a very nice character, it's difficult to dismiss her as easily as Booths ex-girlfriends. At the same time I can't imagine her settling with being second best in a mans life, and she will never replace Brennan in Booths heart.. I'm really hoping that she will leave him soon in the series, and that they can part on good terms.
marple chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
I liked this. I have nothing against Hannahs characte so far, and she could be doing something like this. But i dont se an ending like this would be a good solution for B&B. He really does have to make his own decision on who he loves.

Thanks for sharing.
Frankie707 chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Very interesting take on how they'll end, and I am confident that they will end! I like that you didn't make her out to be a witch, or anything that rhymes with witch. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
I love your version of the break up, because as much as i wanted to hate Hannah I just can't, but I think Booth needs to realise Brennan is waiting for him in his own. Good story though :D
xoxokiss210 chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
i loved
AEI chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
See, that's how I can see it. Hannah's NOT a bad person. I actually like that she's pushy; but then, my family is boisterous and insane. She seems like she would fit in around here.

That being said, I'm totally fine with this being her exeunt. It's graceful, dignified. She's a smart woman, and she IS Bones' friend in canon, as much as it seems very fast to me. She's not my character, though, so.

Anyways, thank for for this. The little details were very awesome. I think I'm gonna go browse your other stories now.
ny chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
i liked the way that you gracefully let hannah leave.. she wasn't a villain or psycho..
RositaLG chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
I hope that Hannah leaves willingly. She's smart, I think she will. Great job!
mkmitt07 chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
I am in agreement that I do not want to see Hannah as a negative person. My only problem with this scenario, is it does not come with a realization on Booth's part that he needs to be the one to make the change because he loves Bones. In my eyes, the only hope for forgiveness the show can have is to have Hannah be untainted when Booth chooses Bones. If Hannah is in some way damaged goods, then Bones will be what is left, not what is best. This season reminds me of another show I watch and what that show went thru last season. The main female character had a love interest other than the male lead. The only way to save the season was for the female lead to choose the male lead before the inevitable downfall of the love interest the writers cooked up. She did not, he became damged goods, and the male lead was not chosen as the better man as much as he was the only one left standing. I pretty much refuse to watch any possible reruns of that season of my other fav show. No guts shown by the writers that the epic love would always shine thru, just that the two main characters would always fall back together because they were all that was left for each other. It doesn't exactly scream dedication that the two characters should have for each other. If they care so little about their feelings for the other, why should I care as a fan about their relationship.

Mitt
rdrrabbit chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
Thanks for the nice, angst free, non-Booth hating story. I needed that with the huge amount of Booth nastiness stories that have popped up in the last day or so. :)
Miss Poisonous chapter 1 . 11/24/2010
I loved how he noticed all the little things about her presence in his life. It spoke volumes, and it was nice to see that he did appreciate her even if he didn't love her as much as he loves Brennan. You kind of want to end up with a man who would notice the absense of your hair ties that you always leave everywhere, and I think Booth would be that sort of man, because, as you say, he does love Hannah in some way. Just not enough. Which is great :D

I also loved the Hodgins-rubber-band simile. Great image.

The ending was nice, even though it was sad that they didn't even say goodbye. I liked that he was staring at the table, and when he looked up, she was crying. It was all so visual, I could see it all playing out in my head. Let's hope so eh?

Great work.