Reviews for The Well of My Forgiveness Has Dried Up
laffers18 chapter 2 . 8/22/2011
Just read this (yeah...I have no idea where I've been either!) and I loved it.

I loves me some well written angst, and this was it at its best.

Angst that ends on a hopeful note...awesome.
Jewelbe11 chapter 2 . 8/18/2011
Okay, so I know you wrote this a while ago, but I'm just now reading it and I loved it. Brennan really did need to get mad, but things still needed to be fixed. I never felt like he'd cheated but that he needed someone to make him feel wanted for a while. Long enough for him to realize he can't do it without her and for her to realize that she needs him and loves him more that she knew.

Great story. Looking forward to reading more.
JMHaughey chapter 2 . 8/3/2011
Wow!

Angst, fighting, awkwardness, and unflailing love.

Beautifully written
allaboutcontext chapter 2 . 6/26/2011
At the end of this only my roommate coming home saved me from sobbing like a baby. This hit close to home both fandom wise and personally. It sounds strange but thank you :]
alexindigo chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I came across this story while perusing another author's favourites and I need to tell you that I LOVED it! Re your author's note: THANK YOU! I'm an avid CSI:NY fan and a huge Danny/Lindsay shipper. That scene you mentioned, the one with him and Rikki in his kitchen being all lovey dovey while Lindsay was trying to get him out of his guilt ridden shell? Broke my little shipper heart that has yet to fully mend. It doesn't matter that they're happily married now with a daughter and seemingly very much in love. I will always have that scene with Rikki in his shirt, of Danny cheating on Lindsay, the woman he doggedly pursued since she first appeared. Throughout this entire debacle I wanted Lindsay to get mad and yell at him. I was furious when they got back together and Danny alluded that he never even had the balls to tell her the truth. So yes, I get it. I lost a lot of respect for him then I and I still don't think I've forgiven him.

Anyway, my point in relation to this story is that I HATE how much the writers have made Brennan look like the bad guy. She said no, Booth moves on and rubs Hannah in Brennan's face and then they show us Brennan breaking down seemingly as punishment for not taking that leap and making the decision to start something with Booth. Meanwhile, Booth conveniently forgets that he gave her all of twelve seconds to make a decision that was basically a 'my way or the highway' of a love declaration before telling her that he was going to have to move on. Way to go in proving to her that love is not ephemeral Booth. Oh the irony! So YES! Please let Brennan get mad and punch the crap out of Booth. She needs to let it all out and tell him how he's hurt her because all we're getting now is that Booth is angry (because, to put it bluntly, his rebound girl rejected his spontaneous and desperate proposal) and Brennan is waiting for him to not be angry (that the man who wanted to spend 50 years with her moved on that quickly and proposed to another woman in a little over a year). It was quite amusing to me that Booth kept repeating how much he loved her like he was trying to convince himself that he had moved on more than he was just describing his feelings. So, even though they're expecting a baby now I don't see how Brennan can fully trust Booth's love unless they resolve all of this. They need to talk. ON SCREEN! I have no doubt that the actors will be able to deliver provided the writers do too. We really need Gordon Gordon to come back and tell Booth to grow a set. He's the only one who seems to get through to Booth.

Hart Hanson has been yanking our chain for 6 years now and we still come back because let's face it, the chemistry between the two leads are ridiculously off the charts and the supporting characters are adorable and we WANT to see them finally get together! :P

Thank you so much for sharing! I thoroughly enjoyed reading how Brennan blasted Booth. He deserves it. He's been treating her so badly and she just takes it like she feels it's her punishment for turning him down. Brilliant writing and your description of her emotions are so spot on! I loved the reference to the Cyndi Lauper song by the way. He really did ruin one of the very few memories she had with her mother.

I am looking forward to reading more of your work. Sorry for the thesis length rant above, but it was like you are in my head. I was thinking oh Danny and Lindsay too. Thank God for FF to help resolve the plot holes that the writers seem content to ignore! :) Thank you for sharing! )
Alicia9876 chapter 2 . 6/14/2011
Wow...just wow...that was fantastic
bonesfan chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
i love the rage that you have allowed her to uses to not back down from thing and not let things quite frankly bones has let booth walk all over her this the creators are portraying booth as a nice guy when he is not.I wish that the whole first chapter i have just read was what really happened .
Genie Este chapter 2 . 6/11/2011
YES. Just...yes. You do a great job of bringing both sides of their relationship trouble into the story (something that I think has been sorely neglected), and their voices are just spot-on. Love the tension and the resolution. Great work.
Biba79 chapter 2 . 4/20/2011
What? That's it? They made up? What kind of angst is that? lol

I loved it. It seemed like the month away from each other was exactly what they needed, and it was what probably saved them too.

I love their confessions, and how simple it was for them. I like that they are back on track and eventually they will go out on a date.

I guess we won't see that date, will we? :P haha!

Thanks.
Biba79 chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Decided to give your fics a try, since you read one of mine. And OMG! This is brilliant.

I always thought that Bren should have been angry with him, because he was being such a jackass. The way he was treating her was just wrong and so not our Booth. It was about time she told him how she felt. I think she will feel better now that it's out there.

I think this was my favorite part:

"Yes." She seethes. "Everything you touch, you destroy. You think you did me this big favour by becoming a part of my life, but what have you really done, Booth? Before I met you, I was happy in my own way. I dated, I had Zack, I travelled the world… and you know what? I'm partially to blame for losing those things, but you ruined one of the best parts of my childhood. And I wish I had never met you."

I think that broke my heart a little bit, but I don't blame her for saying it to him. Although I love to see them suffer and hurt.

Can you tell I love angst? Yes, I love it!

Going to read the next chapter now!
ladymirth chapter 2 . 3/17/2011
That was friggin amazing and oh so cathartic. I am pissed at BOTH of them and am NOT happy with all the sublimating and making nice they're doing on the show. I wanted to stand up and cheer when Brennan decimated the stereo - now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about, baby!

I love how you pushes them to the very brink but brought them back in a very believable fashion. It's like everything they knew was burnt almost to cinders but the promise of something even better was born tentatively in its stead. You have a real gift with making emotions leap off the page and possess the reader. You got me worked up into quite an adrenaline high. A!
anonymous.individual chapter 2 . 2/16/2011
Brilliant :)
wercomingup chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Oh MY MY MY! I think I am in love, that was AWESOME! DANG!
rmcbuckeye chapter 2 . 1/11/2011
That was one emotional rollercoaster. Great story, VERY well written. Only if the show would be like this.
Wilhemina23 chapter 2 . 1/9/2011
The first chapter was really hard to read, but I wanted to read through it nonetheless. In the second chapter,

you have written something very intriguing - in particular "Brennan appreciates stability. She finds a routine and she adheres to it. She makes a joke that causes him to laugh and she repeats it over and over, expecting to elicit the same reaction from him every time. And the more distant he's become the more clinical and literal she's become in turn because she's been trying to push him back into his role." Whether or not the writers intended this, I think you have captured what is really going on for her character - at least to me anyway. I know they are fictional characters, but what you have written about Brennan seems very realistic, and I appreciate you sharing this idea. Thank you for writing.
91 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »